android
Old 05-05-2009, 04:39 PM

Lightbulb Upgrade Sansa E200 to firmware to 03.xx.xx

I currenlty have a Sansa E200 ver 0.1.02.24a. I just bought an 8gb MicroSD card which is not supported in this verision. Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade from 01.xx.xx firmware to 03.xx.xx firmware so I can use this MicroSD card. I'm hoping some has successfully done this before and can shoot me an email and point me in the right direction. You can email me at s_beauton************* if you know of a way to do upgrade the firmware. Thanks for your help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttb View Post
I currenlty have a Sansa E200 ver 0.1.02.24a. I just bought an 8gb MicroSD card which is not supported in this verision. Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade from 01.xx.xx firmware to 03.xx.xx firmware so I can use this MicroSD card. I'm hoping some has successfully done this before and can shoot me an email and point me in the right direction. You can email me at s_beauton************* if you know of a way to do upgrade the firmware. Thanks for your help
This is the wrong forum for a question about Sandisk stock firmware, but, regardless, what you're asking to do is impossible. The 03.XX.XX version firmware is designed for completely different hardware and will not work with a v1 e200 (which you have). However, if you're willing to try an alternative, non-Sandisk firmware, Rockbox (which is what this forum addresses) works great on the v1 e200s and supports all existing capacities of microSDHC cards.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

You can either install rockbox or buy a new player.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttb View Post
What neither of the two replies above mentioned is that many, if not most people running v1 of the e200 series (and ALL of those here in this Sansa-Rockbox forum) are using Rockbox. Its MUCH better than Sansa's firmware. In fact you will have much more control and abilities with Rockbox. The Sansa series is a great platform to run it on. If for some strange reason you want to use your original firmware (Sansa), all you need to do is press the "<" back-arrow while the unit turns on. If perform a quick tour of RB, Im sure you'll be hooked in less than a few minutes.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Smile Thank

I wanted to thank everyone for there help and advice. I"m sorry that I posted this in the wrong forum. I will try out Rockbox but I appreciate everyone's help regrading this firmware.

Thanks

Scott