android
Old 05-03-2009, 01:09 PM

Default YH-J70 cannot find the device

All of a sudden Samsung Media Studio doesn't see my YH-J70 anymore. When I plug it in I hear the little "ding", but the program doesn't appear. When I start the program m,yself and click Device|Show device Window, I get a message that says "Cannot find the device".
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Samsung Media Studio. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device. When I look in Control Panel under System|Hardware|Device manager|Disk Drives it shows "Samsung YH-J70 USB device". And when I right-click on this and look at properties it says this device is functioning properly. When I click on the button in the tray for Safely Remove Hardware it shows a line for "Safely remove USB mass storage device" - with no drive letter assigned. But when I select this line the YH0J70 disconnects safely.
When the YH-J70 is plugged into the USB port it does not show up in the My Computer list of drives.
So it seems that the computer sort of knows that the device is there - enough to make a noise and list it in the USB devices for safe disconnection - but not enough for the Samsung software to see it or for MyComputer to list it. What can I do to restore full visibility to the device?

All help greatly appreciated,
Ted

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]