android
  #41  
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 AM
tropez29 tropez29 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsupersonic View Post
Yeah, I also have the same problem. The coverflow feature itself isn't implemented very well, so I stopped using it. I wish there was a way to calibrate the touch screen...
Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wish there was a way to just get the coverflow feature back like it was before the upgrade. I installed Clay's UI and the new beta and love everything except the fact I can't shuffle through the songs in landscape mode like I used to.

In the next upgrade, they should give the option to go back like it used to be.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #42  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:29 AM
ls103rb ls103rb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Location, location
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
it's not my fault at all. my "sources" fell through. and i stopped listening to them a long time ago. i now only help people with what i know for sure is true. i have not predicted a fw since 2.08. seriously, a while after i made that thread "unofficial cowon s9 q and a" i found out that it was just some idiot who was a very very low rank in the company, and knew almost nothing. but he was recommended to me. i was played. sorry for misleading you. but from that point on i only answerd the questions i could based on my own knowledge. every other question i don't know the answer to, i let someone else answer. i did sell my s9 voluntarily. dirt biking comes first to me. over pretty much everything else i do. and i realized my dirt bike needed to be tuned for the season, bad... and i also needed new riding gear. i have spent over 1 grand on my dirt bike/dirt bike gear so far this year. i can't afford an s9 by myself.

so basically, i know no more now, than you. all i can do is help as best as i can. and it's people like you that piss me off. i seriously just like helping people. and there's always someone who calls you on lying or something else.
That I piss you off is not something that bothers me in the slightest, kiddo. Nor is the story of your dirt bike - you chose to sell the S9, as is obviously your perogative, and you've explained before your reasons. I'm delighted that your mummy and daddy are paying you for your woodchopping so that you get the S9 again.

What does bother me - and if it doesn't bother you, I remain equally indifferent - is the whole story of your sources and a lack of factual basis for much of your "help". I can't recall seeing any previous rebuttal of this guy. You say he had a "very low rank in the company" - which company? Not Cowon obviously, as you previously said you knew no-one in that company. You don't like this lying accusation much do you? You say you like helping people - you'd help a lot more if you used facts instead of guesswork. I was going to post links to examples, and there are a lot - but I can't be bothered - I'm sure no-one else is interested in our issues, and I'm nearly done too.

One I liked was advising someone to use Media Monkey for tagging while admitting in the same sentence that you didn't use it. In what possible way is that helping?

In this very thread, you chime in with advice/thoughts on beta firmware which you haven't used on a piece of equipment you don't own. And this helps because:::??

On more than one occasion you have almost repeated verbatim the previous post that answers a question. Again, how does this help?

Don't know what you want to be when you grow up, but in my profession (medicine) we prefer facts to guesswork. Doctors like to help people too. If we can't, we find someone who can. Try it yourself. Nice bike, by the way.
Reply With Quote

  #43  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Akeldama Akeldama is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 12
Default

I managed to make my 32GB S9 go completely bonkers last night.

I had found a folder where I'd mistakenly put FLAC versions of the songs and MP3 versions too. So I set about deleting the MP3 files via the S9's browser.

It seems trying to delete a track that was currently being played confused the player.

Suddenly the whole database was messed up. And instead of all the [Albums] and [Artists] being listed correctly, I had hundreds and hundreds of entries for the S9's demo song and no listings (except navigating by folders) for the actual tracks on the player.

I suspect I ran into some bug in the beta firmware combined with many of my tracks being copied onto the device via MSC mode. I wiped the [Music] folder and have Media Monkey copying everything back over via MTP. So far so good.
Reply With Quote

  #44  
Old 05-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Mf1232's Avatar
Mf1232 Mf1232 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond, NH
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls103rb View Post
That I piss you off is not something that bothers me in the slightest, kiddo. Nor is the story of your dirt bike - you chose to sell the S9, as is obviously your perogative, and you've explained before your reasons. I'm delighted that your mummy and daddy are paying you for your woodchopping so that you get the S9 again.

What does bother me - and if it doesn't bother you, I remain equally indifferent - is the whole story of your sources and a lack of factual basis for much of your "help". I can't recall seeing any previous rebuttal of this guy. You say he had a "very low rank in the company" - which company? Not Cowon obviously, as you previously said you knew no-one in that company. You don't like this lying accusation much do you? You say you like helping people - you'd help a lot more if you used facts instead of guesswork. I was going to post links to examples, and there are a lot - but I can't be bothered - I'm sure no-one else is interested in our issues, and I'm nearly done too.

One I liked was advising someone to use Media Monkey for tagging while admitting in the same sentence that you didn't use it. In what possible way is that helping?

In this very thread, you chime in with advice/thoughts on beta firmware which you haven't used on a piece of equipment you don't own. And this helps because:::??

On more than one occasion you have almost repeated verbatim the previous post that answers a question. Again, how does this help?

Don't know what you want to be when you grow up, but in my profession (medicine) we prefer facts to guesswork. Doctors like to help people too. If we can't, we find someone who can. Try it yourself. Nice bike, by the way.

w/e, im done with this little "conversation". but hang on... i referred media monkey because i used to use it. i don't any more. and if you'd actually read my last post, it said that after my retarded sources fell through, i only answered questions that i knew to be true myself. if i didn't know, i let other people answer. and just because i haven't used the firmware yet, doesn't mean i can't voice my opinion about it. i have seen a couple little videos, and read peoples opinions about it, seen pictures, which is just enough to know what the firmware will sort of be like once i do install it. my "source" was some stupid middle aged guy, that worked at radioshack (rofl) he's friends with my dad, and he told me that he knew someone who worked at cowon, though he never would tell me who. turns out that the guy who worked at radioshack, was lying to me the whole time, which sucks. i probably trust people more than i should.

and im going to say it again, because you didn't seem to understand it in my last post. after that guy told me that he had lied to me the whole time, which was a while ago, probably on page 3 or 4 of my q&a, i from then on, only answered about things i could have a factual opinion on. if not, i let someone else answer.
__________________
32g Zune HD - Sony Mdr-EX85
16g Titanium Cowon S9 *R.I.P.*
Reply With Quote

  #45  
Old 05-13-2009, 06:06 AM
ls103rb ls103rb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Location, location
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
and just because i haven't used the firmware yet, doesn't mean i can't voice my opinion about it. i have seen a couple little videos, and read peoples opinions about it, seen pictures, which is just enough to know what the firmware will sort of be like once i do install it. .
Which leaves 100% of current S9 users more qualified to answer questions than yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
and im going to say it again, because you didn't seem to understand it in my last post. after that guy told me that he had lied to me the whole time, which was a while ago, probably on page 3 or 4 of my q&a, i from then on, only answered about things i could have a factual opinion on. if not, i let someone else answer.
Do you mean this stinging rebuttal and confession about your source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
to be honest they never have gotten a single firmware prediction right, so idk why i even bothered to tell you guys. but also who really knows, maybe the release date for 2.09 got moved up because of everybody having problems with 2.08...

from now on i'll only trust the answers that i know they usually get right, aka not firmware...
Obviously I don't understand the difference between answers about things "they usually get right" and things you "could have a factual opinion on". Silly me. Stuff like this maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1703 View Post
In Korea the s9 comes with a function that allows you to watch digital television. We have d. tv. in Holland as well and I whas wondering if it whas a hardware or firmware option and if it would be possible to enable it with a firware hack. Or if I could get one from Korea and just change the language to english, and keep al the functions. I don't have a s9 yet as I'm waiting for the 32g's.
Thanks
Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
im guessing it's firmware and idk if you can or not, but if you can go ahead and hack it..
Briiliant stuff. A kid who didn't know what dmb was guessing "it's firmware" and encouraging a hack. Now I see where your hard facts are coming from. Again - in what way can this be construed as "help"?

As I said in my original post, I feel there are people who are way more qualified than yourself to answer S9 questions. Absolutely nothing you have written since leads me to change my mind one little bit. I also said in that post that I was sure you knew more about PMPs than me. I'm sorry, I was wrong about that one..

You said it best yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
hey guys, i just wanted to say that since 2.10 has come out and stuff, plus with claw and novas themes, im out of my league now. when i owned an s9 i was on top of everything, i had all the new themes and such. but since i sold my s9 it's hard to answer questions on things you don't know about.
Reply With Quote

  #46  
Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Mf1232's Avatar
Mf1232 Mf1232 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond, NH
Posts: 458
Default

well sorry im not on top of the world like yourself. my mistake. and yes, i did mean it about the guy at radioshack. he was a tool. he told me of a few fw updates, and when they would happen, he was never right, so about at 2.09 i stopped believing him. yeah, i admitted not knowing things since 2.10, but from that point on, i didn't answer a question that i didn't know for fact. i remembered my s9, and what it was like, to answer questions, or i went straight to the official specs page. you didn't have to believe me, but then again, you didn't have to be such a prick... just because you get a few things wrong about something, doesn't mean you know nothing about it. sometimes mistakes happen, i was taken advantage of for all my wrong answers. i believed that idiot like a fool. but im going to say it again, because you apparently need to see it again,

i admitted not knowing things since 2.10, but from that point on, i didn't answer a question that i didn't know for fact. i remembered my s9, and what it was like, to answer questions, or i went straight to the official specs page

fine, from now on you don't have to believe a word i say, your loss.
__________________
32g Zune HD - Sony Mdr-EX85
16g Titanium Cowon S9 *R.I.P.*

Last edited by Mf1232; 05-13-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:04 PM
ls103rb ls103rb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Location, location
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
well sorry im not on top of the world like yourself. my mistake. and yes, i did mean it about the guy at radioshack. he was a tool. he told me of a few fw updates, and when they would happen, he was never right, so about at 2.09 i stopped believing him. yeah, i admitted not knowing things since 2.10, but from that point on, i didn't answer a question that i didn't know for fact. i remembered my s9, and what it was like, to answer questions, or i went straight to the official specs page. you didn't have to believe me, but then again, you didn't have to be such a prick... just because you get a few things wrong about something, doesn't mean you know nothing about it. sometimes mistakes happen, i was taken advantage of for all my wrong answers. i believed that idiot like a fool. but im going to say it again, because you apparently need to see it again,

i admitted not knowing things since 2.10, but from that point on, i didn't answer a question that i didn't know for fact. i remembered my s9, and what it was like, to answer questions, or i went straight to the official specs page

fine, from now on you don't have to believe a word i say, your loss.
My loss?! It would be, but I wouldn't miss your nonsense, guesswork, lies and pure ignorance for the world - enormously entertaining. Another apprentice pre-pubescent hard man calling people rude words from the comforting shelter of a keyboard - how terrifying! You call me a prick - I, young man, think you are very sweet indeed, and look forward to more of your pearls of enlightenment. Here's my favourite from today - you'll have to up your game if you're gonna beat facts like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
all i know is that you cannot drag things out of iTunes.
Your hack advice was posted after your mission statement darling - check the dates yourself. Just for the hell of it, have a go at answering my question about that - how is that helping? Go on, do try.

Now go and tidy your room sweetheart, especially those tissues under your bed, or Mummy and Daddy may change their mind and deprive you of your S9.
Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 PM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

Guys, enough of that... take it out via PM, but let's steer this thread back on topic.
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain
Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:11 PM
ls103rb ls103rb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Location, location
Posts: 113
Default

Point taken, I was over the top. Sorry.
Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 PM
mgz mgz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls103rb View Post
That I piss you off is not something that bothers me in the slightest, kiddo. Nor is the story of your dirt bike - you chose to sell the S9, as is obviously your perogative, and you've explained before your reasons. I'm delighted that your mummy and daddy are paying you for your woodchopping so that you get the S9 again.

What does bother me - and if it doesn't bother you, I remain equally indifferent - is the whole story of your sources and a lack of factual basis for much of your "help". I can't recall seeing any previous rebuttal of this guy. You say he had a "very low rank in the company" - which company? Not Cowon obviously, as you previously said you knew no-one in that company. You don't like this lying accusation much do you? You say you like helping people - you'd help a lot more if you used facts instead of guesswork. I was going to post links to examples, and there are a lot - but I can't be bothered - I'm sure no-one else is interested in our issues, and I'm nearly done too.

One I liked was advising someone to use Media Monkey for tagging while admitting in the same sentence that you didn't use it. In what possible way is that helping?

In this very thread, you chime in with advice/thoughts on beta firmware which you haven't used on a piece of equipment you don't own. And this helps because:::??

On more than one occasion you have almost repeated verbatim the previous post that answers a question. Again, how does this help?

Don't know what you want to be when you grow up, but in my profession (medicine) we prefer facts to guesswork. Doctors like to help people too. If we can't, we find someone who can. Try it yourself. Nice bike, by the way.
correction in medical field they tend to use educated guessing as original means of diagnosis and its not until things become quite serious that they rely on definitive tests.

HOWEVER with that said

if someone is trying to help troubleshoot someone else on a problem and suggesting an answer and guessing that is just fine if they wish to justify why.

However if i say my car wont move because my tires dont turn, and i suggest its the alternator.

Without saying, oh well it could be a dead battery that is causing the issue, does it make any sounds when you attempt to start the car? etc etc you can just go on from there its pretty easy to understand the difference between blurting out a random answer and making an educated guess with some basis behind your decision and stating the basis for it and then if your wrong someone can correct you without you being a complete f*cktard
__________________
Zen Vision:W 30g (HDD experimentation in progress)
Zen Nomad Jukebox 40gig(dead)
Zen Touch 30g ( RIP)
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)
Reply With Quote

  #51  
Old 05-13-2009, 04:27 PM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

For the last time: enough. This is the main thread about the newest firmware version and I really don't want to have to lock it.
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Life is Good.'s Avatar
Life is Good. Life is Good. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 41
Default

My question about the new firmware is: Is the cover flow [I]really[I] that bad? I hear its laggy as crap. Worse than before? Better? And what the heck is the point of being able to shake your player to change songs? If I want to change the song on my player, I'll press the freakin button on the top. Right? Isn't that what its for?
__________________
Current MP3 players: Cowon S9 16GB Chrome, Samsung P2, Zen Micro, Sansa Clip.

I've never let my school interfere with my education.
-Mark Twain
Reply With Quote

  #53  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Mf1232's Avatar
Mf1232 Mf1232 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond, NH
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is Good. View Post
My question about the new firmware is: Is the cover flow [I]really[I] that bad? I hear its laggy as crap. Worse than before? Better? And what the heck is the point of being able to shake your player to change songs? If I want to change the song on my player, I'll press the freakin button on the top. Right? Isn't that what its for?
i find it better than before, it still takes a second to load, and is a bit laggy, but definitely better than before... and the whole shake thing, basically just fluff. to utilize the g-sensor....other than that you can press the tactile button on the top, the on-screen button, or swipe left to right (that's default, im using claws UCI so i have it set to swipe right to left, because to me that makes more sense)
__________________
32g Zune HD - Sony Mdr-EX85
16g Titanium Cowon S9 *R.I.P.*
Reply With Quote

  #54  
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Life is Good.'s Avatar
Life is Good. Life is Good. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
i find it better than before, it still takes a second to load, and is a bit laggy, but definitely better than before... and the whole shake thing, basically just fluff. to utilize the g-sensor....other than that you can press the tactile button on the top, the on-screen button, or swipe left to right (that's default, im using claws UCI so i have it set to swipe right to left, because to me that makes more sense)
Thank you very much, I don't care what anyone says. THAT was helpful.
__________________
Current MP3 players: Cowon S9 16GB Chrome, Samsung P2, Zen Micro, Sansa Clip.

I've never let my school interfere with my education.
-Mark Twain
Reply With Quote

  #55  
Old 05-19-2009, 05:55 AM
fohfoh fohfoh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 73
Default

After quickly looking at the 2.3b, I've found the horizontal cover scrolling to be much smoother than the previous 2.20. I've also found that the accelerometer to be less of an issue than it was since the last 2.09 to present (I think) firmware. (Not saying it's no longer an issue)

I've also noticed that notepad is finally in the correct places in the player now. Notepad did not show up for me in the 2.20 firmware. I assumed it was because of my skin. But it finally showed up after updating 2.30b (if anyone else experienced the same, they can take a glance)
Reply With Quote

  #56  
Old 05-19-2009, 02:48 PM
tropez29 tropez29 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 59
Default

let's predict when the next firmware update will come out. I predict this Friday, May 22.
Reply With Quote

  #57  
Old 05-19-2009, 03:05 PM
dfkt's Avatar
dfkt dfkt is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 15,330
Default

No, let's just keep the thread on topic instead.
__________________
Please don't PM me with questions that can be answered in a forum thread. Don't be an idiot.
My Gear and Reviews | My RMAA Tests | IRC: #anythingbutipod on Freenode | Last.fm | Album Art Exchange | Rockbox | Replaygain
Reply With Quote

  #58  
Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Mf1232's Avatar
Mf1232 Mf1232 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond, NH
Posts: 458
Default

trust me, don't go there. lol don't bother trying to predict FW updates. take it from me.

i don't think anyone has anything else to say about 2.30 now...it's pretty much old news.
__________________
32g Zune HD - Sony Mdr-EX85
16g Titanium Cowon S9 *R.I.P.*
Reply With Quote

  #59  
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Olley Olley is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,894
Default

Between the last beta and final firmware they added pitch control to video in addition to the music pitch control in the Beta. I hope one of the things we get with the non-beta 2.30 is the album matrix that doesn't put you in album sort just because you pick a new song from an album.
Reply With Quote

  #60  
Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 PM
TackyTiger's Avatar
TackyTiger TackyTiger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Airstrip One
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I hope one of the things we get with the non-beta 2.30 is the album matrix that doesn't put you in album sort just because you pick a new song from an album.
Couldn't agree more. Though it's a lot better looking than their last attempt, I've given up on it for this reason.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.