android
Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackyTiger View Post
It's also pretty annoying that if you choose an album from there, it takes you out of browse folder mode and sticks you in album mode, which ignores your "all" repeat boundary and confines you to that album until you select another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticstylez View Post
Call me crazy but the new album matrix layout is worse than the coverflow that sucked as well. There should not be that much of lag time scrolling pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoo View Post
It's to disguise the loading of the next pages. If it wasn't there, you'd still have to wait when it loads the next page.

What surprises me is that it loads so darn slow with a dual core processor.
Totally agree, why can't they make a simple coverflow smooth, with a dual core processor to run it, same for the new hunter game, also very choppy. I like the old coverflow better, I don't the play-by-album idea , and it is not that easy to go back to 'play all' mode again, so I want the old coverflow back, but then smooth please!

Last edited by aki; 04-29-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-29-2009, 11:35 AM

could someone post a video of the new firmware (especially the album art thing)? I might be getting something for my birthday, and I am totally stuck between the S9 and the P3... thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 11:39 AM

Lets face it at least certain uneducated people won't acuse us of owning a ipod coverflow clone with the new coverflow.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:00 PM

Help! I've just upgraded to 2.30b which loaded OK as the Hunter game works great. I need to remove my current music UI to check out the new album art functions but I can't now access the System folder to find the flash UIs. When I open the S9 in Explorer I can only see the Internal Storage. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 PM

@ipal: You're on MTP mode. On your S9, go to settings>system>MSC/MTP mode.

Choose MSC mode and then you should be able to see your flash UI and everything again

Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM

VMT. I knew there had to be a simple solution.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cowon America has removed the "b" from their 2.30 firmware release info, although the downloadable file has not changed. I hope this doesn't mean they are completely done with 2.30*. Unless it means they already have 2.40 in the works which includes any fixes we've mentions 2.30b needs.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electron View Post
could someone post a video of the new firmware (especially the album art thing)? I might be getting something for my birthday, and I am totally stuck between the S9 and the P3... thanks

Last edited by j3ff1986; 05-03-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:14 AM

that looks coool !

Old 05-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff1986 View Post
Nice, I see some Ted Leo and the Pharmacists in there.

Anyway I just ordered the 32GB yesterday, and I expect it will arrive this week. Should I skip straight to the 2.30 beta, or is there a stable or previous beta people recommend? Reading over some over threads, it looks like downgrading is simple enough provided you keep the old release around.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 PM

generally a beta will have some bugs/glitches and etc. but most are very minor and aren't recurring. or can be fixed with a push of the reset button... but if you want to be safe, just get the next full released version that is no longer in beta, 2.20.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:00 PM

I got my S9 32GB a couple of days ago and I upgraded to 2.30b straight away. Haven't had any problems at all - it seems to run smoother in general than before.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:53 PM

well they need to release the full version...

Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM

They don't need to do anything if the beta isn't bricking any S9's. Even if it takes a while, so what? It would've taken them the same amount of time to produce and release the stable one with or without the beta version. Now you can use some of the new features and improvements already. Nobody's forcing you to install a beta firmware.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 PM

Ipoo, im just saying that if the beta IMO is this nice, then if they do come out with a full version, than that would be awesome. but at the same time, i have the patience to wait until 2.40. im in no hurry...so it really doesn't matter to me whether they come out will 2.30full or some kind of version of 2.40, im just saying if the beta of 2.30 is cool, than the full release would be cool too.

i don't even have an s9 atm, im saving my pennys and working to get one back. (i sold mine for dirt bike money) so i don't have a choice to wait for anything anyways. i have to wait. i like watching the growth of my favorite mp3, and seeing the improvements on it. im just curious

Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
Ipoo, im just saying that if the beta IMO is this nice, then if they do come out with a full version, than that would be awesome. but at the same time, i have the patience to wait until 2.40. im in no hurry...so it really doesn't matter to me whether they come out will 2.30full or some kind of version of 2.40, im just saying if the beta of 2.30 is cool, than the full release would be cool too.

i don't even have an s9 atm, im saving my pennys and working to get one back. (i sold mine for dirt bike money) so i don't have a choice to wait for anything anyways. i have to wait. i like watching the growth of my favorite mp3, and seeing the improvements on it. im just curious

I am now convinced that you never had any "sources" whatsoever, and are as clueless as the most of us about FW updates, etc. Nothing you have posted here lately leads me to believe that you've told the truth. I think your sources, your reluctance to reveal them and your subsequent complete lack of knowledge about the S9 makes you a bullshitter. You also said you "had permission" to post here re your sources. From whom? Especially as you still seem to think that you can post credible posts when you - voluntarily - got rid of your S9 months ago. You are no help at all.

Convince me otherwise if you feel the need. But my gloves are off.

Last edited by ls103rb; 05-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:06 PM

it's not my fault at all. my "sources" fell through. and i stopped listening to them a long time ago. i now only help people with what i know for sure is true. i have not predicted a fw since 2.08. seriously, a while after i made that thread "unofficial cowon s9 q and a" i found out that it was just some idiot who was a very very low rank in the company, and knew almost nothing. but he was recommended to me. i was played. sorry for misleading you. but from that point on i only answerd the questions i could based on my own knowledge. every other question i don't know the answer to, i let someone else answer. i did sell my s9 voluntarily. dirt biking comes first to me. over pretty much everything else i do. and i realized my dirt bike needed to be tuned for the season, bad... and i also needed new riding gear. i have spent over 1 grand on my dirt bike/dirt bike gear so far this year. i can't afford an s9 by myself.

so basically, i know no more now, than you. all i can do is help as best as i can. and it's people like you that piss me off. i seriously just like helping people. and there's always someone who calls you on lying or something else.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:29 AM

OK, I know it's a beta version, but I haven't read anything about this problem I'm having with the newest beta version.

When I go to matrix browsing and click an album, the songs come up, but it's very hard to click on a song. It's extremely unresponsive. Only like 1 out of 20 times can I get a song to play. When I touch a song, it just bounces up and down a little and doesn't put the play symbol in front of the song. I've tried all different kinds of touching techniques and very rarely does it work.

Anyone have this problem with the new matrix browsing feature? Or is my S9 doomed ??

Old 05-10-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29 View Post
OK, I know it's a beta version, but I haven't read anything about this problem I'm having with the newest beta version.

When I go to matrix browsing and click an album, the songs come up, but it's very hard to click on a song. It's extremely unresponsive. Only like 1 out of 20 times can I get a song to play. When I touch a song, it just bounces up and down a little and doesn't put the play symbol in front of the song. I've tried all different kinds of touching techniques and very rarely does it work.

Anyone have this problem with the new matrix browsing feature? Or is my S9 doomed ??
Yeah, I also have the same problem. The coverflow feature itself isn't implemented very well, so I stopped using it. I wish there was a way to calibrate the touch screen...

Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I disabled the accelerometer myself. I hate the cover flow feature, even if the Matrix style browsing is pretty kool.

Also, the 2.30 fw is listed as a regular update on the US Cowon site, even though it still has the "b" after downloading it.