android
Old 04-27-2009, 10:37 PM

Default A few questions before I place my order

Although kinda expensive for me, once I my eye saw this little guy I just fell in love.

So now I have a few questions before I make the purge.
For one I don't really understand the whole ID3 tag browsing, is it like I can sort the list by Artist, or albums and such. On my old Ipod I always went Artists>Albums>Songs and usually just picked the first song and listened through. Can I still do that or what.

Second do I need a case or screen protector at all. I hate scratches but I don't exactly throw my stuff around. It'll be in my pocket or sitting somewhere(desk or car) 99% of the time. So will normal wear and tear warrant buying something extra or is the build quality good enough.

Third and the last thing before I let you get on with your life. Customizations, are they easily done. I don't want total GUI changes, just maybe color or wallpaper edits.

Thanks for your help, I didn't intend to buy this for like a month but I can't hold it anymore. Plus my mom's ipod died so I plan on giving her my old one. I'll be buying the 16gb black D2+ from Newegg for 160

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yes. that's all ID3 tags mean, is that you can browse by artist, songs, or albums.

screen protector, probably, as it is a plastic screen. but case is not needed becasue it's like a little brick.

yes. you can set the wall paper to anything you like, change the font color, use different music (now playing) screens (with the usage of flash), and that without tinkering the firmware. with tinkering to the firmware, you can change the ENTIRE UI.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:37 PM

One little thing to add to Curiouswonderer's post, the Flash UI (now playing screen) changes only work with the korean firmware, not with the USA firmware, but if you go to Korean you lose MTP mode on the D2, but that's no big to most people, Playlists are hard as heck to get onto the thing (at least for me) and bfore anyone else says it, YES I've tried J river media jukebox, and no go, even in MTP mode...

Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ahh yes, definitely true. thanks for filling in my holes