android
Old 04-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Default Same Name - New Player Released

Spotted a new version of the View at Buy.com. Rascal snuck up on us, it's on Amazon too. For $100 more. Can't find it on the Sansa site yet. A decent size screen with Clip/Fuze SQ? No real tech specs on either site. Just the publicity blurb.

Quote:
Sleek, thin pocketable design supports a wide array of video, music and photo formats; Offers large 2.4" widescreen color display and includes a simple interface with backlit controls for easy navigation
8GB capacity stores approximately 33 hours of video, 2000 songs or thousands of pictures; SD/SDHC expansion slot for additional memory capacity (supports SanDisk TrustedFlash cards, such as Disney Max Clips and SD cards from digital cameras/camcorders)
Slideshow capability for photos with the option to add background music; AV-output of audio and video content to a TV screen through 30-pin connector or 3.5mm headphone jack
Integrated speaker for watching and listening to content with a friend; Rechargeable, removable Li Polymer battery.
I see Play,Fast Forward, Home buttons so I don't think it's a touch screen but it has a speaker and A\V out in the head phone jack. Seems to be designed for comfortable video watching. It has a built in stand. A social PMP!

Hmmmm.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Spotted a new version of the View at Buy.com. Rascal snuck up on us, it's on Amazon too. For $100 more. Can't find it on the Sansa site yet. A decent size screen with Clip/Fuze SQ? No real tech specs on either site. Just the publicity blurb.

I see Play,Fast Forward, Home buttons so I don't think it's a touch screen but it has a speaker and A\V out in the head phone jack. Seems to be designed for comfortable video watching. It has a built in stand. A social PMP!

Hmmmm.
This was a rumor picture from quite awhile ago, IIRC. In fact, somebody saw this earlier, and I posted an eye-rolling response http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...08&postcount=6....but that is an old picture. I'd be curious to find out what you would get if you actually bought whatever that seller is selling.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

nope.

this was the ORIGINAL sansa view. but they pulled it before it hit the stores and replaced it with the current view.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

it was a nice looking player, i wonder why they did not release it?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Default Too Good To Be True

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
nope.

this was the ORIGINAL sansa view. but they pulled it before it hit the stores and replaced it with the current view.
Thanks for the info. I was wondering why Sansa would release a new player with no fanfare.
Except for the connector coming from the resting point I really liked the form factor. Considering the screen size it should be closer to the size of the e2xx series. Got my hopes up that Sansa was continuing away from the scroll wheel. I much prefer the navigation on the Clip with it's direction wheel. Researching the just part number this one does seem to exist.

Anyone know what hardware it has? I like the form factor but if it's the older hardware and firmware I'll have to put in the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" category.

Tags
a/v out, new player, sansa, sd card, speakers