android
Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Default Sansa fuze vs. Samsung Q1

Hiya,
Having enjoyed the company of my lovely little 2GB Zen V-Plus for a year or two, it recently died and Ive found myself on a quest for a new mp3.
I went for a Zen Mozaic to start with, but have sent it back.. partly becuase I got it off ebay and it didnt quite match its description (failed to mention it was a EZ100, lacking speakers), but also because it was literally a slightly revamped v-plus. Which I liked, but definately felt like something new and a bit more exciting.

Have since narrowed it down to the Sansa fuze or Samsung YP Q1 I think, but would really like some opinions. Does anyone know how these two compare? Ive heard split opinions about their sound quality, video quality, ease of use etc

Im not a massive music fanatic so in some ways slightly less than perfect sound isnt too much of an issue. These seemed like fairly good value gadgets, and I like the sound of the bbc iplayer/games on Q1.. but then saw that the amazon website was overflowing with good reviews about the fuze.

I have windows vista... is there any preference there regarding software?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-23-2009, 06:58 PM

Lots of people suggesting Sansa Fuze, most saying to stay away from Samsung Q1....

I've been studying up on players like crazy the past two weeks and for me it boils down to getting a Fuze within the next few days.

I just don't see anything better for my needs...Q1 and other players have better video and things like Test To Speech but I don't need it, not sure if you do.

To be able to have a ton of pictures, a few music videos, couple movies, and tons of great sounding music for low money and small size is what I need and want.

Does any other player beat it?

I think Samsung quickly going to a Q2 answers the Fuze vs. Q1 debate.

Other things to think about is the touchpad everyone dislikes on the Q1 and extra stuff not needed that takes up space (subway map).

You can put together a 16gb Fuze for $105 or less. About $150 for 16gb Q1...

Tags
compare, samsung q1, sansa fuze, zen mozaic, zen v plus