android
Old 09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

See:

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...ml#x18-344000C

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-30-2009, 04:40 PM

which Fuze version has the most developed Rockbox? V1 or V2?

how many percent of development?

thx
Koss Porta Pro 25th Anniversary Edition
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechat View Post
which Fuze version has the most developed Rockbox? V1 or V2?

how many percent of development?
V1 is further ahead.

There's a table on this page that lists what works presenttly on the V1 and V2 Fuse: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS

-hank

Old 09-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Rockbox Developer

Virtually nothing works on v2. We are able to run code, but without feedback since no buttons/lcd/whatever works. The Fuze v2 has no code in SVN, I have some code lying around though.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:40 PM

do the v1 fuze scrobbles for lastfm?
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-30-2009, 05:44 PM

Any Rockboxed player is able to scrobble.

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/LastFMLog

Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 PM

thx dftk. this is great.. would be greater if clip+ had rockbox. but i will buy a Fuze or e200, its enough
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM

there is any risk to brick my 4gb fuze (v1) if i install rockbox properly? already bought one, waiting now
Sennheiser MX471

Old 09-30-2009, 06:29 PM

If you install it properly, there isn't really a risk of bricking.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spz View Post
I've Rockboxed my fuze, and i love it. Now i have a question: LOD cables aren't working anymore on a rockboxed fuze?
I hope line out gets enabled at some point. I have my Fuze docked 99.9% of the time, and would really like to have Rockbox on it. I used my Rockboxed E200 with line out all the time.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco View Post
I hope line out gets enabled at some point.
Ditto. I'd love to be able to use my docks in Rockbox as well. But having Rockbox at all is an absolute blessing.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:20 PM

dfkt, about scrobbling on sansa devices..

1 - how is the timestamp when uploaded to last.fm? its precise? do i need to set timezone?
2 - if you listen to the same music many times, successively, it marks the correct timestamp for each song?
3 - listened songs are written into the log, then you upload the log via secondary website to lastfm directly?

im asking number 2 because im using ipod nano.. its scrobbling system is good, but not 100%. when you listen to the same music more than once, successively, its timestamp can't set different times (idk why), like this:

The Beatles - Hey Jude - 21:38

Radiohead - Creep - 21:34
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way - 21:30

gotcha?
Sennheiser MX471

Old 10-03-2009, 11:26 AM

Is there a rockbox build for the fuze without all the useless games/apps functionality. I use my fuze as an mp3 player, not a gameboy. The #1 important thing to me about the fuze is battery life and I hear it's only about 15 hours with rockbox (24 hours with original firmware).

Old 10-03-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechat View Post
dfkt, about scrobbling on sansa devices..

1 - how is the timestamp when uploaded to last.fm? its precise? do i need to set timezone?
2 - if you listen to the same music many times, successively, it marks the correct timestamp for each song?
3 - listened songs are written into the log, then you upload the log via secondary website to lastfm directly?

im asking number 2 because im using ipod nano.. its scrobbling system is good, but not 100%. when you listen to the same music more than once, successively, its timestamp can't set different times (idk why), like this:

Radiohead - Creep - 21:34
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way - 21:30

gotcha?
1.) and 3.) This is the uploader I use: http://scrob.paulstead.com/ - it works better than other ones, in my opinion. I sometimes set the timestamp, but mostly don't - it doesn't matter in the grand scheme.

It might interfere with Winamp scrobbling or such, if you listened at your computer at the same time as the timestamp you try to upload from Rockbox.

2.) I'm sorry, I never analyzed the Rockbox scrobbler thoroughly - I just know "it works". I also never listen to the same tracks twice in a row, so I can't say. You just have to try it yourself.

Maybe that's even a bug you discovered there? Saratoga or Kugel might know more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Lost My Mp3 Player View Post
Is there a rockbox build for the fuze without all the useless games/apps functionality. I use my fuze as an mp3 player, not a gameboy. The #1 important thing to me about the fuze is battery life and I hear it's only about 15 hours with rockbox (24 hours with original firmware).
Seems you better stick with the original firmware then.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
No, but you're welcome to compile one yourself. For what it's worth, all those "useless" games/apps aren't going to touch battery life unless you actually use them. And considering that the disk space the "rocks" folder takes up is negligible, I'd say your best bet is to simply ignore them.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Rockbox makes it a *better* mp3 player. I have never used a game or other function of RB & would never go back to the OF.
And, really, how often do you listen for 15 hours w/o having access to an electrical outlet? Yeah, 9 hours of claimed time is a big difference, but worth it IMO. Plus, it will get better. It did with the e200 series.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:41 PM

The Fuze is still an unstable port, not fully supported. People really shouldn't be complaining about the battery life at this point in time.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The Fuze is still an unstable port, not fully supported. People really shouldn't be complaining about the battery life at this point in time.
I won't complain about anything Rockbox on the Fuze (or Clip or e280v1 for that matter.) I'm really happy with how Rockbox works and was thrilled when we got USB support for the e2x0 series.

I do have one question regarding the Rockbox for the Fuze. How do I determine when to upgrade to a more recent build? I can think of a couple things that factor into that decision.

- At the moment I'm running r22699-090914. If I thought there were a better version, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.
- So far this version has been pretty good. I've only seen one panic in 72 hours of usage.
- Using more recent releases will help support development, right? At least if I report problems found.
- If I'm using it around the house, I'm not really bothered by stability issues. If the player does something odd, I can intervene and get it going again.
- If I'm on the road (typically listening while riding a motorcycle - sometimes for hours) I really don't want to deal with problems. If the player does something odd, I could be without podcasts or music for hours.

I guess as I'm walking myself through this, it seems to me that I should be updating regularly to help support development testing. If I tradk the problems with each release I try, I can revert if I am not confident in the latest release. And if push comes to shove, I can use the OF for long trips.

Any other thoughts on this would be welcome.

thanks,
hank

Old 10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Upgrade whenever you feel like it or you see some major improvement that interests you was committed.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 AM

Rockbox on my Fuze has been perfect from day 1. No lock ups whatsoever, and I've been using just about daily since I got it in July. Rockbox states 49 hours of use. Very impressive. I only use the OF for recording, and that's it.