android
Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprman2020 View Post
Probably a stupid question but did you unzip the Fuze firmware. If you did, make sure all three files are in rbinstall folder then run the command given in the instructions. The instructions also say try again if the program does not report success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agalloch View Post
The mpegplayer in rockbox works great on the fuze. I get ~25fps with an average bit rate of 400kbps, resolution 224x176, fps 24, and lame mp3 128kbps, all encoded with MediaCoder using mpeg2.

Just follow the e200 guidelines:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...uginMpegplayer

thanks for the help and info guys

i follow THIS to a tee

• Create a folder 'rbinstall' in your on the Desktop
  • Extract the OF, the bootloader AND mkamsboot into that folder.
  • Open a new command promt window. CD to the 'rbinstall' folder ('cd Desktop\rbinstall')
  • Run mkamsboot, passing the name of the OF file you've downloaded and the the bootloader file you've downloaded, as well as a name you can chose yourself for the patched output file

the bolded above is something i am not getting. where is it...or where is it supposed to be? it also says "run mkamsboot" which i do...but nothing happens, period. just a quick command prompt flash on my screen. is the entire rbinstall folder the "patched file?" or the OF file, maybe?

it also says above to "extract" the bootloader AND mkamsboot to the rbinstall folder. however these are not extractable files. so i just move them there

i'm pretty sure i am doing it all right. its fairly straightforward. if i do in fact need this "patched output file" could someone upload the finished product somewhere so i can D/l it?

i would think its the same for everyone. i am either missing something here or its just not working for me :/
2gb Sansa Clip (Blue)
Sony MDR-EX81LP Earphones

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Rockbox Developer

Alright, it's not entirely clear, I'm sorry for that. You're supposed to run mkamsboot in the command prompt you opened in the step before.

Code:
cd Desktop\rbinstall
mkamsboot.exe fuzea.bin bootloader-fuze.sansa patched.pin
Then copy the patched bin to your Fuze and rename it so that it has the name of the original firmware you've downloaded (fuzea.bin in this case).

Old 07-08-2009, 08:31 AM

holy cow it works!

thank you for that explanation. cleared things right up for me. i don't ever use the command prompt so....

its working flawlessly so far....except i am getting some video flicker / distortion a few times (or more) per music video i play. its not bad...but for a split second the picture goes screwy. photos show up fine.....pictureflow doesn't work, but that might be asking too much at this point. i don't think a theme is even included which displays album art, much less pictureflow. i really don't use it anyway but its neat to have

also when will more themes and fonts be available for this? 3rd party stuff, i guess? i "installed" a theme i use with my e260 Rockbox but it doesn't even show up in the themes list

maybe its in the wrong folder idk i will have to check it out. would be nice to see some album art

anyway nice work for now. i like it....seems to be working fine. might have a few bugs (as with video playback for me)

thanks a lot for this! now i will just have to track down v.1 Fuze refurbs for awhile!

oh....and one more bug. in "Rockbox Info" it says my battery is at 77% with 125 Hours left. now i know that can't be right! i mean RB is good, but not THAT good
2gb Sansa Clip (Blue)

Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_Fuze View Post
also when will more themes and fonts be available for this? 3rd party stuff, i guess?
You can use the ipod color themes on the Fuze. They have the same screen resolution.

Link

Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 AM

thanks for that info

also, the Voice Recorder function would seem to be gone. at least i can't find it. on the e260 its easy, as its button activated. but i don't see an option for it here with the RB'd Fuze?

can someone give me a heads up about this?

EDIT: ok i got the album art working, pictureflow...the whole shot. i like

i had to format the player in the original (sansa) FW to rid it of all things music related. then i reinstalled the rockbox FW and reloaded some music. and presto...album art and pictureflow!

working perfect
2gb Sansa Clip (Blue)

Last edited by Short_Fuze; 07-08-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short_Fuze View Post
thanks for that info

also, the Voice Recorder function would seem to be gone. at least i can't find it. on the e260 its easy, as its button activated. but i don't see an option for it here with the RB'd Fuze?

can someone give me a heads up about this?

EDIT: ok i got the album art working, pictureflow...the whole shot. i like

i had to format the player in the original (sansa) FW to rid it of all things music related. then i reinstalled the rockbox FW and reloaded some music. and presto...album art and pictureflow!

working perfect
I believe the recording facilities are being worked on.

To quote funman

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
As for the recording, we should be able to choose the desired samplerate but it's not confirmed (i am working on recording now so hopefully soon!)
Have to say these testbuilds are more stable than I feared they would be. Nice work guys at Rockbox!

Old 07-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprman2020 View Post
You can use the ipod color themes on the Fuze. They have the same screen resolution.

Link
Themes for the iriver H3xx will work as well.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Thats actually the same link he posted.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Heh, heh...so it is. I didn't compare content, just noticed the different player and page headings...

In that case, I strongly agree with suprman2020.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:18 AM

How about themes for the e200v2? Does anyone know of themes that will work with it. I tried the Ultima theme from the e200v1 version, but the WPS screen looks like the theme sees the resolution as having doubled from the e200v1. Anyway, any direction suggestion would be nice. If there isn't anything, I'll start working on porting the ultima theme.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM

The screens are flipped between the fuze and e200v1, so themes aren't going to look right.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Saratoga, I was referring to use an e200 V1 theme on the e200 V2. I wasn't working with a fuze theme at all. My questions was one of whether there was a res change between the v1 and v2 e200's.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM

Sorry. But no they're exactly the same, so themes can be used unmodified on either. If your theme doesn't work, its probably broken on the V1 as well.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Interesting information Saratoga as I use the Ultima theme on my v1 e200 daily. When I tried to use it on the v2 e200, it painted the entire screen, but the playing data was all confined to the upper half of the screen.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 AM

What build are you using for the e200v1? And can you link this theme?

Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Does that theme need a custom build or some patches to work properly, or are you using a regular version of Rockbox on your v1?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger67 View Post
it painted the entire screen, but the playing data was all confined to the upper half of the screen.
It sounds like there was some sort of error parsing the .wps, and Rockbox just fell back to the hard-coded default. Is it a text-only display with monchrome progress bar and peak meters?

I personally would like to see the 176x220 PlainText VP wps from the e200 reformatted for the 220x176 Fuze screen. I might possibly get around to it myself at some point, but if someone has the itch to do some theming...

(On the theming note, should there be a separate thread for this, or would it just be duplicating the H3xx thread?)

Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM

Regular version of rockbox on v1. I'm going to work on it tonight. I'm thinking it's a font issue as I was checking the cfg file under the themes and noticed that the font that's defined is one that comes in the font pack, not one of the default fonts.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Not the same link, but the same content Both have the same screen resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger67
Saratoga, I was referring to use an e200 V1 theme on the e200 V2. I wasn't working with a fuze theme at all. My questions was one of whether there was a res change between the v1 and v2 e200's.
Sorry, but this is a thread about the Sansa Fuze in the Sansa Fuze forum, so please understand the confusion.

No, the resolution didn't change. All themes that work on the e200v1 work also on the e200v2.

Quote:
Regular version of rockbox on v1. I'm going to work on it tonight. I'm thinking it's a font issue as I was checking the cfg file under the themes and noticed that the font that's defined is one that comes in the font pack, not one of the default fonts.
Perhaps Ultima doesn't ship the font. In this case (and generally) you want to download and install the font package, http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie.../RockboxExtras.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM

Well, shortly thereafter my internal memory on me e200 showed up as corrupt and a chkdsk wanted to clear both my .rockbox and audio directories.

Interestingly, my use of my e200v2 with my linux box has been stable. It is only on my XP box at the office that the unit has gotten corrupted. I cleaned and reloaded rockbox on the e200v2. At that point, the Ultima theme loaded and executed just fine.

Subsequently, I changed the theme backdrop to the RockSansaBlu backdrop but kept the Ultima WPS screens. My rockboxed e200v2 has already raised much interest from my fellow workers. The interesting part is that it is the bright flash screens which has given them pause to even look at it. Previously, I just kept the backdrop clear on the non-WPS screens and couldn't get many interested by describing all the formats and the games. Go figure.