android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Firmware

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-10-2009, 12:22 AM
jadorm jadorm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Default

so we have to put the replay gain in our tags with foobar ect for it to work or is the software in the fuze going to do it for us?
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 04-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

It was stated in the Sansa forum today that the pitch issue was fixed. Also, a previous poster thought their refresh was faster....tonight I removed my card, turned it on, no refresh....just worked. Turned it off, inserted card, turned it on, and it clearly refreshed faster. I don't know how or why but I like it.
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 04-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Sigmund_Freud's Avatar
Sigmund_Freud Sigmund_Freud is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oslo, Norway, Europe
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_headshot View Post
[...]
Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.26 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
All Regions - Click here to download
[..]
The .zip URL leads to 'File not found.' Just change ".../fuze01.01.26.zip" into ".../fuze01.02.26.zip" and it works.

edit: The 01.02.26 file on the other hand, doesn't work on my Fuze. I have v01.01.22F FW on it today so 01.02.26 should work, right? Any reason why the zip files aren't available here on ABi?
__________________
There's no such thing as an iPod. The word "iPod" is a marketing tool for a hard drive with software that plays mp3s. Yeah, doesn't sound so sexy now, does it you chimps? -Maddox

Last edited by Sigmund_Freud; 04-10-2009 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Added some questions
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:44 AM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund_Freud View Post
The .zip URL leads to 'File not found.' Just change ".../fuze01.01.26.zip" into ".../fuze01.02.26.zip" and it works.

edit: The 01.02.26 file on the other hand, doesn't work on my Fuze. I have v01.01.22F FW on it today so 01.02.26 should work, right? Any reason why the zip files aren't available here on ABi?
just go to Sandisk and download the Updater. It will download and install the correct FW version for your player automatically.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 AM
pslavictoire@hotmail pslavictoire@hotmail is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Default

Well, sorry to crash a little party, this is just to report a bug: I have to pretty large recordings on my player, on of 30min and one of 2h, and when I try to delete them on the player it pops the deleting screen for 1 sec and then goes back to playing the recording... found a bug, Sandisk!
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:02 AM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslavictoire******** View Post
Well, sorry to crash a little party, this is just to report a bug: I have to pretty large recordings on my player, on of 30min and one of 2h, and when I try to delete them on the player it pops the deleting screen for 1 sec and then goes back to playing the recording... found a bug, Sandisk!
you should report it to Sandisk then so it gets fixed.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslavictoire******** View Post
Well, sorry to crash a little party, this is just to report a bug: I have to pretty large recordings on my player, on of 30min and one of 2h, and when I try to delete them on the player it pops the deleting screen for 1 sec and then goes back to playing the recording... found a bug, Sandisk!
I think it's kind of silly to delete anything of that size on the player.....do it when you're connected to the computer
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Sigmund_Freud's Avatar
Sigmund_Freud Sigmund_Freud is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oslo, Norway, Europe
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
just go to Sandisk and download the Updater. It will download and install the correct FW version for your player automatically.
And what if I don't want to download and install a program just so it can download a small bin file and put it in the MP3 player's root catalog?

I ask again, is there a reason why ABi don't have the bin file for direct download?
__________________
There's no such thing as an iPod. The word "iPod" is a marketing tool for a hard drive with software that plays mp3s. Yeah, doesn't sound so sexy now, does it you chimps? -Maddox
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund_Freud View Post
And what if I don't want to download and install a program just so it can download a small bin file and put it in the MP3 player's root catalog?

I ask again, is there a reason why ABi don't have the bin file for direct download?
The link is in the first post in this thread!
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:37 AM
no9's Avatar
no9 no9 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 1,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund_Freud View Post
The .zip URL leads to 'File not found.' Just change ".../fuze01.01.26.zip" into ".../fuze01.02.26.zip" and it works.

edit: The 01.02.26 file on the other hand, doesn't work on my Fuze. I have v01.01.22F FW on it today so 01.02.26 should work, right? Any reason why the zip files aren't available here on ABi?
Theres a direct link to the file so what's the difference? Are you sure you unzipped the 01.02.26 file and added the fuzeA.bin file to the root on your Fuze?
__________________
Cowon S9,Sansa Clip+,
Sansa Fuze,Westone UM2,Altec Lansing UHP336
Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I think it's kind of silly to delete anything of that size on the player.....do it when you're connected to the computer
Actually the problem is more pronounced than was stated earlier. Just now I tried to delete a video. The video was deleted but the entry (name) was still in the listing. When I tried to play the deleted video again the player froze. Had to do a hard reset to shut off the player. Only a media refresh corrects this.

When they add a feature like DELETE to the player the feature should work!. Sandisk should have caught this before releasing the FW.

Off to the Sandisk forums...
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
jsc315 jsc315 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Joliet,IL
Posts: 90
Default

The battery seems to be more accurate with the life of the player now. Before i could use the fuze for 3hrs and it would look like it was at 50% but it wasn't. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 AM
saratoga saratoga is offline
Rockbox Developer / Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorm View Post
so we have to put the replay gain in our tags with foobar ect for it to work or is the software in the fuze going to do it for us?
You have to put them on yourself with a PC. You'd drain the entire Fuze battery just calculating replaygain info for a few albums, not to mention it'd take hours on such a slow CPU.
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 04-10-2009, 02:25 PM
epithetless's Avatar
epithetless epithetless is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, Mass
Posts: 1,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It was stated in the Sansa forum today that the pitch issue was fixed.
Great! Strange that Sandisk didn't make any mention of it with the release...
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 04-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Great! Strange that Sandisk didn't make any mention of it with the release...
They probably hoped everyone would forget about it
__________________
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520
Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:37 PM
jadorm jadorm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
You have to put them on yourself with a PC. You'd drain the entire Fuze battery just calculating replaygain info for a few albums, not to mention it'd take hours on such a slow CPU.
Thankyou saratoga.
Reply With Quote

  #37  
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 PM
xan K's Avatar
xan K xan K is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 234
Default

WOW NICE updates!!! Great Job Sandisk! Now also waiting for gapless playback too. this would make the Fuze the best player on the planet.
__________________
Sansa Fuze 8GB + 8GB microSD [Rockboxed!] / Creative EP-630 / Sennheiser CX300-B / Sennheiser HD555
Reply With Quote

  #38  
Old 04-11-2009, 06:56 AM
sansaguy's Avatar
sansaguy sansaguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 675
Default

I just wanted to pass along some important info that's not getting out to all of us that have just upgraded or are about to upgrade the firmware of our Fuzes with the new 1.02.26 Firmware.

The last 2 days I've been back and forth between ABI and the Sansa Fuze support forums trying to get answers to what I thought were new firmware bugs..ie: deleting video files, database re-initialization bugs etc...

What I've come to find out is this...

After you upgrade to the new firmware you ** MUST ** backup all the content on your player and format it again using the FORMAT command in the settings menu on the Fuze. After doing this, all of the problems that I've had (so far) have disappeared. In order for your player to work properly especially getting the Fuze to accept the new 8,000 song limit a format must be done to re-intialize the DB.

If I get anymore info on this I will share ASAP.
__________________
How I Roll:
Sansa e250v1 Rockboxed refurb
16GB microSDHC
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC
Reply With Quote

  #39  
Old 04-11-2009, 07:46 AM
FreeZ5's Avatar
FreeZ5 FreeZ5 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
After you upgrade to the new firmware you ** MUST ** backup all the content on your player and format it again using the FORMAT command in the settings menu on the Fuze. After doing this, all of the problems that I've had (so far) have disappeared. In order for your player to work properly especially getting the Fuze to accept the new 8,000 song limit a format must be done to re-intialize the DB.

If I get anymore info on this I will share ASAP.
Not trying to be picky, but as a general statement, it makes more sense to backup BEFORE changing the firmware.

Steve
Reply With Quote

  #40  
Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Burning_October Burning_October is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 49
Default

I am SOO happy that they fixed the bug where the volume would jump to max. Happened a bunch to me, it was really annoying. Still, come on SanDisk, gapless! Have they said anything about that?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.