android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Firmware

Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Default Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.26, 02.02.26, 01.02.31, and 02.03.33

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=1

Quote:
Follow the instructions below to verify the hardware revision of your Fuze before proceeding.

Turn on your Fuze
• Select Settings from the main menu
• Select System Settings
• Select Info
• Verify the Version #

Revision 1 = 1.XX.XX (example: 1.01.22)
Revision 2 = 2.XX.XX (example: 2.01.17)

If your Sansa Fuze is a Revision 1 please proceed to the Revision 1 download and installation instructions.
If your Sansa Fuze is a Revision 2 please proceed to the Revision 2 download and installation instructions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more "computer savy" steps, described below.

SanDisk has just released the 01.02.26 and 02.02.26 firmware revisions for the Sansa Fuze. Download links and the release notes are available below. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.

Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.

MSC mode instructions:
  • Turn on the Fuze
  • Navigate to "Settings" on the menu of the device itself
  • Next select "System Settings"
  • Next, navigate to "USB Mode" and select "MSC"

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.26 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
All Regions - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 01.02.26"x".

Sansa Fuze Firmware 02.02.26 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
All Regions - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 02.02.26"x".

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.26 and 02.02.26
Release Notes

This firmware has several new feature updates as well as many key enhancements and bug fixes, as listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

New features:
• Supports slotRadio card playback through microSD slot
Note: slotRadio cards are available for purchase on slotradio.org starting April 28th
• Replay Gain feature added to provide volume normalization for music playback
Note: 3 settings of Replay Gain available: Off / Song (provide normalization throughout current playing song only) / Album (normalization for whole playing album). Song volume can also be pre-gained at 1.5 dB intervals
• Folder Navigation feature added to conveniently locate songs stored and sorted by folders
Note: For MTP content navigation, go to Music > Folders and select MTP folder first
• Track Info is added to provide more details about current playing song

Enhancements:

• Song database supports up to 8000 songs
• ID3 tags version 3.2.4 is now supported
• Improved “Preparing to scan for media” time during Rhapsody launch
• Improved enumeration time during Napster launch
• Embedded album art support is added for OGG and FLAC

Bugs Fixed:
• OGG and FLAC deletion takes up to 2 min
• Volume jumps to max level between tracks
• Device hangs when switching from OGG playback to MP3 playback
• Device hangs at “Refreshing your media” state
• Shuffle doesn’t access beyond 2000 songs
• “Add to GoList” doesn’t work at Artist level if Rhapsody Channel is present
• FM scan stops at one station before the last one

Known Issues:
• Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD
• Deleting video from microSD card doesn’t clear file from database
• Some language strings are still in English
• Refresh database progress bar doesn’t scale with time
A big thanks goes out to the developer team and forum members

Quote:
Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.31 and 02.03.33 Release Notes
This firmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Upon completion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on device to complete the upgrade process. If device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

Enhancements:
• Max volume level is lowered in Normal volume setting to comply with new European Union requirement
• Playback performance of mono WAV and FLAC files is improved

Bugs Fixed:
• Some language strings are incorrect
• Device hangs during playback of corrupted OGG files
• Minor audio distortion when browsing song list during microSD card playback
• Audiobook and podcast counts are not correct in Info screen
• Device restarts or freezes when Replay Gain is selected
• Main menu bitmaps are corrupted after playing AAX files

Known Issues:
• Some language strings are still in English
• Refresh database progress bar doesn’t scale with time
• Refresh database takes a long time for 6000+ songs
• PlayPrevious and Rating info is lost following slotRadio card insertion

Link to the latest V1 firmware 01.02.31: http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...ze01.02.31.zip

Link to the latest V2 firmware 02.03.33: http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...ze02.03.33.zip

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 PM

folder navigation is a welcome addition!. I am waiting tho for gapless playback...patiently . Thanks for the heads-up d_headshot.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 04-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Yay for better tag support! Running through the updater now...

Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 PM

this firmware works great! it's very responsive. but i need that gapless playback still!!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM

Thanks for the notice! Update completed, and echo the others re: gapless playback.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The track info is great! I have a lot of VBR, and it's nice to look at which codec and bitrate are on the songs. I'm assuming the bitrate I see is an average for the song.

I think I am going to like the folder nav too, although I haven't had much navigating to do yet. Also, I think the text scrolls faster, which is sweet.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Yay for better tag support! Running through the updater now...
Updater? How quaint!

Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 PM

I don't think that this rids me of my desire for rockbox but folder view is a big step for the Fuze. I never knew how much I missed the track info option on my ZVM until it was on the Fuze. Good job Sandisk

Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
I don't think that this rids me of my desire for rockbox but folder view is a big step for the Fuze. I never knew how much I missed the track info option on my ZVM until it was on the Fuze. Good job Sandisk
Seems to me that folders can be the answer for the people that want multiple playlists....and it's almost too simple to screw up, right?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Very nice to see another update. Any word on what's become of the problem with v2 Fuzes playing songs too slowly? Is that an unmentioned "known issue" or has it been silently fixed? (I'm assuming the former...but I want to make sure it's still "known.")

Old 04-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Very nice to see another update. Any word on what's become of the problem with v2 Fuzes playing songs too slowly? Is that an unmentioned "known issue" or has it been silently fixed? (I'm assuming the former...but I want to make sure it's still "known.")
I really don't know. For one thing, there were some that said too slow, others that said too fast....mine always seemed to work fine though There is nothing on the changelog that mentions the issue.

I'm sure it will be brought up in the Sansa forum though.....in fact, I've seen one post there already asking about it....so maybe we'll hear more tomorrow or the next day.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Seems to me that folders can be the answer for the people that want multiple playlists....and it's almost too simple to screw up, right?
I is confused. I have multiple playlists on my Fuze and have no issues with them. ........

As for the update, nice to see some of the additions they made (Replay Gain is something I have been waiting for), but I agree that this update is not a RockBox killer by any stretch of the imagination. I want my customizable UI!!! Also, gapless playback would be nice.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
I is confused. I have multiple playlists on my Fuze and have no issues with them. ........
There are just a staggering number of posts from users on playlist issues on the Sansa forum. A fair amount here, as I recall too...http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...archid=4144257
If you solved the problem then you must be an "advanced" user

Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Yay me, I guess. The only playlist "issue" I have had is that it take a while to load up a playlist if its not currently "open". Other then that, nothing.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
Yay me, I guess. The only playlist "issue" I have had is that it take a while to load up a playlist if its not currently "open". Other then that, nothing.
The only one I have ever used is the GoList, and that was just to either shuffle from a smaller sub-set of music, or to listen to a band's albums chronologically.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:51 AM

OH replay gain. I love that. I normalize all my tracks myself but sometimes its a little off still. I'm very curious how well this works. Also glad they fixed the shuffle bug. Thank you for the new update and Thank you Sandisk!

Update: Well it may be just me but it seem the wheel is more sensitive and a lot more responsive then before. As for the media files. when i unplug my fuze it seems to refresh a lot faster then before. I haven't tested everything out yet but this was just the first few things i noticed right away.

Last edited by jsc315; 04-09-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:25 PM

I dl'd this new firmware and find it rather unimpressive. I notice no difference with replay gain activated. The overall volume level now seems to be a little less than it was before with RG off even. I'm still stunned they didn't add gapless playback, which was A#1 on my wish list. Probably have to wait for Rockbox, since SanDisk seems to ignore the obvious. I may just revert back to my old firmware.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:57 PM

Well they made it clear that gapless playback was not going to be in this one.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Yeah, and I'm still trying to figure out why. It's ridiculous that something like gapless playback isn't an option when the Fuze first came out.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
I dl'd this new firmware and find it rather unimpressive. I notice no difference with replay gain activated.
Do you have replaygain tags on your files? Are they in supported tag types (I doubt older software that used APEv2 tags is going to work)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
The overall volume level now seems to be a little less than it was before with RG off even.
Thats normal, and rockbox will do the same thing. You can get clipping if you don't drop the level a dB or two when replaygain is enabled.