android
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 PM

Default Using my e200 as an alarm clock

Hi,

I am hoping to use an unmodified (with Rockbox) e200 as an alarm clock to play music at the appointed time.
What are your ideas? Obviously, something software based with no extra hardware would be nice, but I doubt that'll happen. Cheap is (very) good!

I have a homebrew plug-in wall charger.

I though about using a basic rotary dial lamp timer, but those are really inaccurate (if I can get within 1/2 hour with these, that's really good)

Thanks,
Isaac

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2009, 09:46 PM

Well, do you have speakers?

What you could do is plug your sansa into the wall, and run it off of that. Plug in the speakers to your sansa, and set it to start playing at a certain time, which I think you can do out of the box with rockbox.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 PM

Yeah, I've got speakers. I haven't been able to find a function like that in Rockbox (I've looked.) Any idea's where it might be?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Doing a little more research, I think the rockbox alarm clock plugin is not included on the e200. Not sure why.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:59 PM

kd0brd,

The sansa series is not compatible with the alrm clock feature, check the following thread:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=22911

After additional Googling, only the Archos and iPod support the feature. The active developement of this feature has been abandoned for over a year. The only way you will get this feature is to code one yourself if it is even possible with the sansa...

Google: "rockbox sansa alarm clock" and you will find the references to this.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Oh, sorry than.

Well, I guess you could just make a really long audio file, with 5 or so hours of silence, and then you alarm at the end, but that is very inefficient...

Old 04-09-2009, 12:00 PM

I thought about that, and maybe I'll try it, but yeah, it's inefficient. I'll have to create a new silence file for every time I might want to have the alarm go off.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:24 PM

Maybe you could create a few silence files with length of, say, 4 hours, 1 hour, 15 minutes and 1 minute, and then just set them up in a playlist?

Old 04-15-2009, 06:03 PM

Ok, just a thought, but you seem to have a computer (because you are on these forums, I guess you could be at your local library...) Anyway, why not just use that, hook up some speakers, and install software to act as an alarm clock.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOL3 View Post
Ok, just a thought, but you seem to have a computer (because you are on these forums, I guess you could be at your local library...) Anyway, why not just use that, hook up some speakers, and install software to act as an alarm clock.
I have a desktop downstairs in the basement, and my mother will not let me move it upstairs to my bedroom.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:58 PM

The other option is to apply power to the player when you want to wake up. Set the player so that it starts playing back from bookmark and rig up some kind of electrical alarmclock that will give you power at 6:00 am. The power will wake up the device and it will start playing back. you would just need another sansa cable and a 110 to USB adapter and oh yeah that alarm thingy.
Zune 30GB (white-unfortunately)
Sennheiser CX300 and CXL400 lanyard headphones

Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 AM

Actually forget what I just said Sandisk makes an alarmclock thing that you stick your player in my dad has one and there is one on woot today. http://sellout.woot.com/Default.aspx...d8419b5a7fb0c2
Zune 30GB (white-unfortunately)
Sennheiser CX300 and CXL400 lanyard headphones