android
Old 04-05-2009, 11:18 AM

Unhappy D2 freezes up when I click Music icon

I just got my Cowon D2 a week ago. However, I've ran into a problem. Whenever I press the music button on my D2, it freezes. The same goes for Video. I've looked around on the internet and found out this was a result of trying to put music on it with a Mac computer. Is there anyway to repair it? I have a Windows computer I can use instead to put music on. Is there anyway to fix the D2 myself so I won't have to send it in to get it repaired or have to get another one? Let me know if there's anything else you need to know. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 PM

I've had this happen a bunch of times after hooking up to a Mac. Basically the Mac does something to the files and then the D2 can't recognize them and freezes when it tries. You should still be able to get to the settings menu and from there go to system and you can clear the memory. That will clear all the files and return it to the default settings. Then you can load your music back on.

Yet another reason why I hate macs

Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 PM

delete the music you put in?

reinstall the firmware if nothing helps.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:49 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
I've had this happen a bunch of times after hooking up to a Mac. Basically the Mac does something to the files and then the D2 can't recognize them and freezes when it tries. You should still be able to get to the settings menu and from there go to system and you can clear the memory. That will clear all the files and return it to the default settings. Then you can load your music back on.

Yet another reason why I hate macs
Thank you so much! I feared that I would have to send it back in for repairs and have to wait a whole another week to finally use it.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM

Not sure about my answer, but here goes:

I noticed that touching the Music icon once made it freeze, but clicking twice quickly made it work.

Tags
cowon d2 freeze