android
Old 04-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Yeah, there's no way the Sansa firmware will be a proper match for Rockbox until it has -- in addition to gapless playback and folder browsing -- robust on-the-fly playlisting with add-to, remove-from, rearrange, save, re-edit, and rename capabilities.
What annoys me the most is that I have a Zen Touch that is several years old (online reviews are from August -04), and it can do this. On-the-fly play lists based on artist or album, name and save them, remove them, delete files, et cetera. Don't get me wrong, I love my Fuze, and I'm not giving it up for anything. It's one of those things where I didn't realize how much I used that feature until I don't have it available to me anymore.

Last edited by Chili; 04-07-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 PM

@ Chili: You can add full albums to the Go List in the current firmware... Just hold the center button while the album is selected..

Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
I know, I did.

What annoys me is that it will not let me add the entire album to it in one go. I have to go to the track list and start with adding the Intro, then add Aces High, then add 2 Minutes To Midnight, et cetera. Then I go to CD2 and add all the tracks there. I want to be able to go to CD1 -> "Add Album to GoList". Make sense?
You can do that.....I've done it with 2 CD sets. Go to the Artist list, then scroll to the album, then press the center button.....and on it goes! I've been able to do that since the update in December

Old 04-06-2009, 11:20 PM

Aha! Hold instead of press? I can do that!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Aha! Hold instead of press? I can do that!
I haven't heard Live After Death in years......I almost just bought it from Amazon to listen to, but every other one I have is a physical CD, and there's no reason to stop now.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:11 AM

Back on Topic, what really has me wondering is what did Sansa developers mean when they said that we won't need Rock Box after this update?

Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no9 View Post
Back on Topic, what really has me wondering is what did Sansa developers mean when they said that we won't need Rock Box after this update?
I'm certainly curious about it too, because I hear there's a lot more to Rockbox than just gapless and folder browsing, yet I think those are the only 2 things commonly associated with RB I have seen them discuss. That's why I thought it may have been an ill-advised comment.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 AM

Yea we had a laugh about that last night. They would have to change an awful lot to make that the case, but stranger things have happened

Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yea we had a laugh about that last night. They would have to change an awful lot to make that the case, but stranger things have happened
When I read that post, I had a John McEnroe "You can NOT be serious!!" moment

Old 04-07-2009, 06:35 AM

Well hopefully they release it today so that we can find out

Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Well hopefully they release it today so that we can find out
Well, for it to be "early this week", they'd have to....because tomorrow is "mid-week" isn't it?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:29 AM

I hope that next firmware will make the Fuze more customisable...
And I'm wondering also if Sandisk will make some games for the Fuze :s

Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 AM

Now that I have learned how to by-pass what was one of my biggest complaints with the Sansa firmware, I want it to be gap less. (Gap-less? Gapless?)

I'm guessing that they either looked at the most prominent complaints about the official firmware when compared to Rockbox, and have addressed one of them with this update--or that it is empty marketing hype.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Now that I have learned how to by-pass what was one of my biggest complaints with the Sansa firmware, I want it to be gap less. (Gap-less? Gapless?)

I'm guessing that they either looked at the most prominent complaints about the official firmware when compared to Rockbox, and have addressed one of them with this update--or that it is empty marketing hype.
My fearless guess which will probably be wrong is folder browsing

Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magist3r3 View Post
I hope that next firmware will make the Fuze more customisable...
And I'm wondering also if Sandisk will make some games for the Fuze :s
Okay I don't think we would want to get our hopes carried away

Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 AM

I never understood why people would want a poorly made game on the music device. I can understand a cell phone since now they have so much power in them now and easily can handle that but games on a mp3 player is just silly and i think a waste.
All i want is the player work better with the SD card and load faster. other then that i think the player is fine as it is. Gapless playback would be nice but i dont need it.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc315 View Post
I never understood why people would want a poorly made game on the music device. I can understand a cell phone since now they have so much power in them now and easily can handle that but games on a mp3 player is just silly and i think a waste.
All i want is the player work better with the SD card and load faster. other then that i think the player is fine as it is. Gapless playback would be nice but i dont need it.
Remember, that is your own opinion. Some people would like games. Some of the iPod (regular iPod, not touch) games are actually pretty good.

As for me, I would like the UI to be changed. They have been using that one for years now and its boring to use. Since I know that won't happen anytime soon, I hope they fix the bug where the playlists take awhile to load (for some reason it happens to me all the time. first MP3 player to have this problem).

Old 04-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
No, it doesn't. They specifically said gapless will not be in this release. The only possible explanation for the ill-advised RB comment is maybe the file/folder browsing will make this release.
Gee...does Sandisk even know about Rockbox..??
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 04-08-2009, 05:02 PM

Well, anything that would make, lets say... NFS Most Wanted soundtrack not to make my neat artist listing of
Code:
Infecter Mushroom (100+ songs)
Juno Reactor(200+)
Nightmares on Wax(50+)
Ott(20+)
to become
Code:
RANDOM ARTIST (1 song)
DURRUR (1)
Infecter Mushroom(100+)
DERPDERP(1)
Juno Reactor(200+)
Nightmares on Wax (50+)
ERFERF(3 :<)
Ott (20+)
As the OST itself is atm on "Music/OSTs/Need For Speed/Most Wanted/"
And the file is "Styles of Beyond - Need For Speed Most Wanted - 01 - Nine Thou (Superstars Remix).mp3" with the correct tags.
So something to either allow folder playing (playing the whole NFS folder), or making some scripts to hide it.
Like, adding some file that would include
Code:
MODIFICATION="NSFMW"; //Beginning of the modification, name is NSFMW
ALBUM="Need For Speed Most Wanted"; //All songs with the Album tag of Need For Speed Most Wanted
HIDEFROM=GENRES; //Hide them from the genres category
RENAMEARTISTTO=ALBUM; //Rename the Artist tag of that of the Album tag when sorting the songs
MODIFICATIONEND="NSFMW" //End of the NSFMW modification