Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Default Vision M only loads when connected to mains

First post - bit nervous. I have had my ZVM 30gb for two years without any problems until yesterday.

I had it connected to my PC (with AV cable) and mains. It was working fine before then. Anyway, while connected to the TV it was flashing as if the battery was being recharged at the same time.

Unfortunately, I left it in this state overnight, i.e. connected to TV and the mains. It seemed to have switched off by itself when I next tried to use. I unplugged it and it would not turn on at all. All I get is flashing blue light for a while and then nothing.

Now, if connected to the mains, it works *FINE*. No problems at all. It will only boot up when connected to the mains. Even when connected to my PC using the USB connection, it needs the mains to start it up and then it is OK while connected with my PC. But as soon as I unplug the USB cable it goes totally dead. In fact, not even the flashing blue light. Have I somehow fried the battery? Another thing, if I unplug the mains while connected to the PC with USB cable, I see the battery symbol with about 80% battery full! But, it does not show it charging at all.

When connected to the mains, I get the battery with the mains symbol in it but not charging.

Could it be I have somehow fried the batterys by just leaving it plugged into the mains for about 24 hours? Any help highly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

battery, fried, load, unplug, usb