android
Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 PM

Unhappy e280 defective (floppy, lax) phone jack/dock. repairable?

look at this e280:

it works.. but as you can see, the "phone dock/jack" (i dont know how its called) its defective... actually, i can listen to the musics with no problems, but the phone connector can easily split out. its floppy/lax..

i got some questions then:

1 - its this component replaceable or repairable?

thx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 AM

plz someone respond.

the wheel its also defective. your scroll it but it doesnt respond as it should be, just sometimes, u know?

i just want to know if everything is repairaple, because i will buy this mp3 for a very low price

Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Use this guide to clean the wheel.

I couldn't hear out of my left channel so I took Sansa apart. Turns out the pad had come off from the board. I removed headphones that was plugged in first to make the jack easier to remove. Then I pulled up on the phone jack and it slid up and off and upon further investigation I noticed that a transistor that was connected to the left channel was the actual part that came off from the board. I took matters into my own hands and decided to probe for the trace that lead to the left channel. I found it and soldered a thin wire ( I salvaged it from an old pair of headphones) to it and then to the left channel of the jack. Then I slipped the jack back onto the board (without the transistor, at least I think it's a transistor, it looks just like the black rectangle that has silver stripes on either end and w/o numbers next to where I soldered) and... wow it worked.

Here is a photo I took pointing out where each channel is on the board. I know it looks sloppy but I had a real crappy soldering iron.

EDIT: Since I listen to podcasts most of the time I don't care if I get mono sound out, but I don't want it coming out of only one earpiece. A less evasive solution could have been just jumpered the left and right signal by putting a thin wire between their two slots on top of the jack.... just a thought.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 PM

damn, i didnt understand a thing, but thanks (a lot) anyway.

btw: did you removed the phone jack and repaired? you installed a new one? sound quality was the same?

im thinking of grab some cash and buy this player for a very very low price compared to the brandnew one. its even cheaper than a new sansa c240 here (its cheaper than a 8gb microsd!).. but im thinking if it could be repairable.. with the help of my dad i could do soldering processes. i just want to know if any Phone Jack its equal to the others (i could simply get any electronic here and take the phone out)

because the problem of this player its not about "left channel" or "right channel", its about floppy and laxeness. The seller just told me it, i cant check it personally.. i will just need to risk it out (its 8gb!)
*ps: no cable included =s

i could just buy a c240 instead, but it might come in v2 version (no rockbox). this sansa im aiming, its v1.

Last edited by boechat; 04-01-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 PM

If by "floppy" you mean loose then see this thread.

I used the jack I had. I don't know where to but a replacement.

Tags
audio, dock, e200, floppy, repair