Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon D2/D2+

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Default D2 died bought a zen to replace it... My experiances shared

D2 died 2 months ago due to multiple system failure of the touch screen and the internal memory problems because i dropped it from a bike on to the road. Thankfully at that time i taught no cracks, woot my D2 is saved but after turning it on the screen did not respond at all. I tried reinstalling the firmware but no that did not work.

I tried putting some data on the internal memory "Trying to use the d2 as a big arse pen drive" and i got I/O error again and again. It stopped charging and when the battery died the player died along with it.

I did not have enough green to get a 8gb D2 so i bought a 4gb Zen instead. At first the sound was so so synthetic.... Turing off EQ helped but the biggest thing to kill was the bass boost system "It is really noting compared to the Cowon bass system or even sony for that matter"

After that i used the EQ to get that D2 feel into the music and it just about worked. I am happy with the performance of my ex85's but it goes to hell when you put in the bose headphones, sound become o so tiny.

If i had the money i would have bought the D2 in a wink but the zen is not that bad either. There are lot of problems with the player but as long as i can make the sound like the d2 valina i am happy.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]