android
Old 03-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samueljesusfreak View Post
I found getting every unlockable cheat for Goldeneye 007(N64) was VERY hard but amazingly rewarding and fun. I love every aspect of that game.
Heh, I remember perfecting the run through of the 2nd level to get the invulnrability cheat with a friend... Wonder how much time sank into that game?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I found getting every unlockable cheat for Goldeneye 007(N64) was VERY hard but amazingly rewarding and fun. I love every aspect of that game.

They really need to take the exact game from 1997, update the textures, physics, and resolution, and release it. No other changes. No plot changes, no level changes, and no gameplay changes(except physics).

I would buy the system it is released on just for that game.
I think making the AI of the stupid girl who follows you around on some levels better would be welcome, other than that I agree, it was an still is an all-time classic. Perfect Dark (non official sequel to Goldeneye) was also amazing.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:

They really need to take the exact game from 1997, update the textures, physics, and resolution, and release it. No other changes. No plot changes, no level changes, and no gameplay changes(except physics).

I would buy the system it is released on just for that game.
I say the same, except it's about Perfect Dark (same engne as Goldeneye)

Truly hard game in "perfect agent" difficulty, yet was a joy to play.

The only thing I couldn't complete is the "War" bonus level on the hardest difficulty.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSV View Post
I say the same, except it's about Perfect Dark (same engne as Goldeneye)

Truly hard game in "perfect agent" difficulty, yet was a joy to play.

The only thing I couldn't complete is the "War" bonus level on the hardest difficulty.
Never beat 'perfect agent' diffictuly, but I found great fun in repeating the same level overandoverandoverandover (the first one, where you have to break into the skyscraper and kill everyone inside).. it had a great cinematic feel to it... more than even the newest games out there.

When I also found out that the Complex level from 007 was in PD, I nearly lost it. That is the best multiplayer map, hands down. EVER.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:47 AM

I found Halo 2 on heroic (is that the hardest) the hardest to complete... It was a great game. Too bad I couldn't get past the 3rd level on the hardest

Also on Goldeneye, I recently played that at my Nan's (where my old nintendo now lives) and again I fell into the 007 mania lol. I also agree with Samuel, that if they were to update the graphics and stuff from the old console games like that and re-release it to the public on a new system (unlike wii virtual console) I would buy it. Bringing the old skool games to the 21st century
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 04-19-2009, 09:30 PM

Probably the very first Tekken game. That was pretty dang tough. Also Soulblade, and some stupid motorcycle racing game my dad's friend gave me.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just got the UFC Undisputed 2009 demo...and on expert..that shit is HARD!

Rua transitions so easily against you and submits you with no problems...or Chuck just straight KYTFO...it's not fair! haha

Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 AM

damn sackboys in LBP kidding... the last S class race in Grand Turismo prolouge is pretty hard I'm still trying to finish it. even with my Driving force GT I find it pretty hard.can't imagin myself playing it with the controller only

Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
I found Halo 2 on heroic (is that the hardest) the hardest to complete... It was a great game. Too bad I couldn't get past the 3rd level on the hardest

Also on Goldeneye, I recently played that at my Nan's (where my old nintendo now lives) and again I fell into the 007 mania lol. I also agree with Samuel, that if they were to update the graphics and stuff from the old console games like that and re-release it to the public on a new system (unlike wii virtual console) I would buy it. Bringing the old skool games to the 21st century
update the textures all you want, the animations should stay the same.. Part of the experience. I remember hearing rumors that Goldeneye: Rouge Agent was an updated 007... got it as soon as I could.. and I was horribly disappointed. Rareware, COME BACK!!!! We loveeee youuu!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:32 PM

I play GT5p with the controller. It's not too bad. What is your main car/'s. I use the Mines skyline and I have the Corvette concept version.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 PM

hmmm extremely tough games... Myst and Zork ones for sure (especially the text based Zorks, Grand Inquisitor was really fun though) I've beat (wihtout walkthroughs) every Must game out to date (besides remakes of the original of course, I have the 20th anniversary edition, which includes Riven and Myst III) Myst V was the funnest for me, mainly because I could stay in Toldmer (I think that's the name, the astronomy/observatory age) forever because it looks so freakin amazing. I also found Tomb Raider: Anniversary sligtly difficult, not because of the combat, not because of the puzzles, but because of all the timing involved. so much in the end especially! Ermmm... hmmm what else...? I've played some challenging games, but none that are insanely hard, some of the old Sega Genesis classics come to mind, however, because the difficulty curve was immense, especially at my age back then!

For all the Goldeneye fans out there: http://www.ask.com/bar?q=Goldeneye+S...esource.com%2F

GoldenEye: Source is a GE64 fan-made mod for Steam's Source Engine, a Source game is required to play it (Counter Strike: Source, Half life 2, Day of Defeat: Source, Team Fortress 2, Portal, etc. A whole list of Source based games can be found on steampowered.com) I haven't checked it out in a long while, I used to play it, but it kind of got forgotten when I started getting into TF2.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph94 View Post
I play GT5p with the controller. It's not too bad. What is your main car/'s. I use the Mines skyline and I have the Corvette concept version.
I use corvette concept as well

Old 04-20-2009, 07:34 PM

What is your PSN name?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:36 PM

Did anyone ever play F-Zero Gx or Supermonkeyball on the Gamecube? Impossible games- I think its a SEGA thing.....

Perfect Dark for the N64 was pretty hard too- loved playing the simulator with all (12?) bots on the hardest setting, particular with the specific sims- vengesim, peacesim, cowardsim- that game rocked!! Shame about 360 version.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:59 PM

supermonkeyball was pretty dang hard.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:58 PM

Sonic 3 and Final Fantasy XII. gahh.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 AM

Viewtiful Joe on GameCube. It was already frustrating on "Easy"...

Old 06-10-2009, 07:11 AM

Manic Miner on a ZX Spectrum

Never could beat level 19.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_AnGer View Post
Viewtiful Joe on GameCube. It was already frustrating on "Easy"...
Had that one for PS2. Oh my god, i got to like the second to the last boss, and I couldn't even get damage on him. I finally used gameshark codes to get like 1-hit kills and killed him. Later I beat the game.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:35 AM

I think games that are too hard are stupid. It makes me never want to play that game, and I never buy another one in the series. I had an RPG that I really loved, but the save game spots were around 45mins - 1hr of gameplay apart in locations in the game... This annoyed me and I never got past the 2nd level... and I loved playing it!!!
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter