android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 AM

Default S9 16GB vs. S9 32GB

I have been lurking on the Cowon S9 pages for several weeks now while waiting for the 32GB to come out. I've noticed that several other users are having a similar wait. Well, last week I wrote to Cowon support one last time, got the same answer of "No planned release date" as everyone else, and pulled the trigger on the 16GB.

Now that I spent the weekend with the player, I can say it was the right decision. My player now has on it 10 full length movies, encoded at 1008 kbps video that have to my eye excellent quality. That's about 20 hours of video. I also have almost 20 pictures that I downsized to fit the screen's resolution that look great. And I have about 12 full albums of music, most at 196kbps.

The movies total 9GB. The music is 2GB. The pictures are about 2MB. That leaves me with 5GB free. For me, that is enough media to walk around with at one time. I have to take a trip next week from Sunday night to Friday night, and I know 10 movies will be enough. I don't need to carry around my full library of music or video all the time. I have plenty of movies, and the albums that I'm in to right now. 16GB is enough for me.

If there are people on the fence about the 32gb player, hopefully this information about what can fit on 16gb will help. I know there are lots of people with huge FLAC music collections who need more then 16GB. But for me, 16GB is plenty.
Nokia BH-503

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
16gb, 32gb, cowon, s9