android
Old 05-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Yes - both menu 1 and 2 have identical functionality, so pick the one you want, and replace the other with another theme.
Of course menu2 settings will no longer be used (only the wallpaper may work if the theme allows it). The settings for Menu 2 in User Settings can only be read by my UI - or by someone else that coded to read these settings (I posted the setting API a while ago, but to my knowledge nobody used them yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232;35s 5100
oh, i hate mainmenu2... would it be possible to just not use your mainmenu2?

i want to rename Puzzle theme to mainmenu2, and keep your mainmenu1. so install everything the same, just not have your mainmenu2, would everything still work? would the settings still save?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2009, 08:49 PM

Default Missing Icons

Ok, I am sure I did something odd, because my Flash and Radio icons are gone (missing) from one of the menus. The menu accessed by pressing the left plain colored dots icon on the bottom. I remember moving the Flash icon around (by accident ) and it just disappeared. Went into Utilities submenu and didn't find it there. Ditto for the Radio icon. How can I get back my two missing icons?

BTW good job on the user interface.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 AM

@claw

I am having problems with the landscape music albums matrix mode. This is the one where you selecting an album from a matrix display of album covers then pick a track from the listing on the RHS of the album display and it starts playing. With your UI interface active, I don't seem to be able to reliably select and get a track playing frm this mode - sometimes a fast double tap works and sometimes the list just bounces up & down and nothing else happens. Any ideas? The playing a track/album from album atric mode works well in the std cowon i/f.

Thanks
NigelS

Old 05-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, I've installed the Claw UCI on my S9 and it's fantastic. Now, I have a question. Is there any way to adjust the size and transparency of the fonts on the home screen? I haven't been able to figure this 1 out yet. Any help would be greatly appriciated!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

@CowonS9Man:
1 - Did you install 3.18.1 patch? If not, install it just in case:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ch_v3.18.1.zip
2 - User Settings -> Menu N -> Special Options -> Reset Icons ... this command should reset all icon positions. It will also empty all custom folders and move their icons to original locations.
3 - If this doesn't work, delete SOL/menuN_layout.sol file to reset everything manually.

@NigelS - I'll double-check - but there should be no interference from my changes. There is however a very real issue of extracted source code not working properly via flash extractors.

@The DarkSide - certainly possible - I'll look into it. You can set icon label transparency though (if I remember correctly).

Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@Claw: Yes, I saw that. Thanks for the quick answer and a possible solution for the future!! And, I gotta' say brother, your UCI is friggin' AMAZING!!! I'm using a totally different player now, and the way it operates is spectacular!!!

I have everything pretty much perfect, as I've combined your UCI w/the 1 that SawaFish made. I'm totally amazed at this players customization options!!! You guys should really get called by Cowon, you're the BEST!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:02 PM

@CLAY. I have to personally thank you too for your UCI. I've told everyone, and even left a review stating that the S9 is an 80% before adding your UCI, but after adding it I give the S9 a 100% perfect score.

There are only 2 things I wish I could customize, but I'm sure these 2 things have been requested or maybe even added already. I want to be able to view a picture slideshow in landscape, and I want to be able to switch back and forth between matrix album view in landscape and the normal shuffle (5 album) view that I used to like. But now with the coverflow matrix album feature I can't go back to that 5 album view.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Polite reminder/query Claw - did you give any further thought to my request for color customisation of the "toolbar" (FF-Pause etc "Flip") icons?

Thanks as always, understand if it's not high on your priority list.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Its coming either in next release or a release after ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls103rb View Post
Polite reminder/query Claw - did you give any further thought to my request for color customisation of the "toolbar" (FF-Pause etc "Flip") icons?

Thanks as always, understand if it's not high on your priority list.
I am exploring this as an option - to bring old coverflow back as a setting ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29
There are only 2 things I wish I could customize, but I'm sure these 2 things have been requested or maybe even added already. I want to be able to view a picture slideshow in landscape, and I want to be able to switch back and forth between matrix album view in landscape and the normal shuffle (5 album) view that I used to like. But now with the coverflow matrix album feature I can't go back to that 5 album view.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM

Default Menu Issue Resolved - Other Questions

Claw: Thank you for the solution. Resetting Icons worked great.
I had previously applied 3.18.1 patch.

How are you coming along with Playlist manager, editing playlist (move up/move down/delete)? Is this a feature that will be added?

Now if the Firmware would only support more than one Playlist in addition to the Favorites.

How easy would it be to add a basic (MP3/OGG ...) tag editor onboard the S9 to add/edit messed up tags so that music can be added to the Playlist manager playlist(s). Currently can't add messed up tags music to playlist unless they are edited on the computer and saved back to the S9.

Thanks for all your efforts into making the S9 a PMP with great features!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

For dynamic playlists, up/down is coming soon - few versions out.
For static I haven't decided what to do yet or if I will ... this may be a request to AntiLamer to give that as an option in his playlist editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowonS9Man View Post
How are you coming along with Playlist manager, editing playlist (move up/move down/delete)? Is this a feature that will be added?
That would be awesome ...
Quote:
Now if the Firmware would only support more than one Playlist in addition to the Favorites.
Impossible - there is no ability to change tags on the S9 - unless provided by Cowon, and I do not believe they provided anything like that. Plus, they have a built-in database that indexes the tags, and changing tags on the fly will require rebuilding that database (this happens whenever you turn on S9 after it was USB-mounted and files were added). I am exploring a possibility of adding dynamic playlists by file path (the way we do with Static) but that is somewhat far away from implementation.

Quote:
How easy would it be to add a basic (MP3/OGG ...) tag editor onboard the S9 to add/edit messed up tags so that music can be added to the Playlist manager playlist(s). Currently can't add messed up tags music to playlist unless they are edited on the computer and saved back to the S9.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:01 PM

i have to say claw...amazing. i just installed it, and there are so many options i don't know what to do with myself lol. although ill have to look at your playlist guide thingy...don't quit get how to use it. ill try and figure it out without the guide...if not ill look at it.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.19
  1. Support landscape mode wallpapers. Note that this does not actually rotate a UI or a wallpaper. If you are viewing an image in landscape mode and add it as a wallpaper, the rotation will be preserved, and the image will appear in landscape mode when its activated as a wallpaper. Note that Cowon overscans landscape images in the Picture viewer. This allows more of an image to be displayed but at the cost of cutting off part of an image. I don't really like that, so wallpaper will scale images without cutting anything off, so unless you use 480x272 wallpapers, scaling between Picture Viewer and the corresponding wallpaper will not match.
  2. Changed System -> Wallpaper Mode options by removing 'None' and 'Single' items - instead replacing both of them with 'Default'. Default implies Cowon's default wallpaper functionality. On first restart the system will automatically convert the .sol files ... so you should not need to do anything for the setting to migrate.
  3. Fixed a few small bugs related to removing wallpaper assignment from screens and reclaiming .sol file data after removal.
  4. Per Request (ls103rb @ ABI): Set color overlay for Music Footer Side A / Nav buttons - (Settings -> Music -> Footer Side A Color). Set color overlay for Side B (with Favorites, Shuffle, etc) - (Setting -> Music -> Footer Side B Color). To disable color overlay, set colors to pure white (255/255/255).
  5. Experimental Feature: Rearrange Music screen to allow Play Info area (with Album/Artist/Title and Hotlinks) to reside ABOVE Album Art (Settings -> Music -> Play Info Above Album Art). This makes the layout a bit tight so some further reorganization may be necessary.
Download of full 3.19 Pack

Old 05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Great, can't wait to install and test this out!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.20
This update is released as a patch to v3.19 to conserve bandwidth!

Changes
  1. Allow radio to keep playing when exiting to Main Menu.
  2. Bug Fix: Some custom icons jump around when icons are unlocked and you press it to run the command.
  3. Bug Fix: 'Fade In' mode was malfunctioning inside folders.
  4. Internal changes within the Launcher to support ability for widgets to attach to S9 notification events (this allows widgets to react to hard key presses, for example). It is needed for the new 'Lock Screen' widget.
  5. Control Radio from the Main Menu. If Radio is playing, Rew/FF hard buttons tune the channels. Play button toggles preset. If you had enabled tack display setting (Settings -> Menu N -> Current Track Display) as anything other than NONE, FM frequency fill be displayed in the top area of the menu.
  6. Toggle Lock Icons function directly from the theme bar by adding a lock icons button (User Settings -> Menu N -> Show Lock Icons Button). This is a precursor to a much more detailed customization of the Theme Bar ... much much later ... would anyone prefer it as a separate widget instead? Or is it more convenient to have it as part of the theme bar? Its kinda ugly there ...
Download patch v3.20 here

New Widget: LOCK SCREEN
Posted in a separate thread: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=43235

Old 05-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Claw, the lock icon button doesn't fit nicely in the theme bar, but I also don't know if it's fitting for a standalone widget.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:47 PM

nice update claw, thanks !

Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 AM

Claw,

Absolutely love the new UI. It gets better with every update.

Is there any way to change the track info that is displayed when the cover art is flipped? I'm much more interested in seeing the year an album was released than the bitrate of the track.

Many thanks in advance!

Old 05-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Cowon did not provide that functionality (or least I am not aware of one). What you see on that screen is all tags that can be retrieved via Flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeytinsuyu View Post
Claw,

Absolutely love the new UI. It gets better with every update.

Is there any way to change the track info that is displayed when the cover art is flipped? I'm much more interested in seeing the year an album was released than the bitrate of the track.

Many thanks in advance!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Default Hunter

Hi
Nice work. A problem I have found is that the 'Hunter' game found in utilities doesn't seem to work. Is this anything to do with your pack or just as the firmware is only at beta stage?

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists