android
Old 05-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Frame color change is not a problem - I can add that.

As far as multiple wallpapers not working - make sure that when you browse for wallpapers - you access the pictures in Folder mode - this is the only way to get wallpapers to work. To do that, open picture browser then press first button (arrow up) ... that takes you to Library stage. You should then see 'Folders' and 'Pictures' (assuming you're running English UI). If you select Pictures, wallpaper mode won't work. So - select folders, and now you should be able to browse for any image there and assign it. If it still doesn't work, send me a your system_settings.sol and wallpaperset.sol files (from the System/Flash UI/SOL directory) in a private message.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
Just for the information, i'm from quebec, so i'm not very good in english... just hope you will understand

a little suggestion...

it will be nice to change the color of the frame around the album art.

And i don't know why, but when i'm trying tu put multiples wallpapers (one by screen) the wallpapers turns black. I'M trying to set an image as a wallpaper, but does nothing. The background is still black... Can you help me?

And thank you Claw for all your good work!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 PM

it works!

Thank you very much!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

I have lots of unrelated things to do this week, so I am unloading next update a little earlier than planned

Update - v3.18

• Escape clause added to Widget-mode icons. Press and hold PLAY button and last open widget will close. If you do it again, next widget will close, etc ... LIFO order ...
  • Fixed bug with placement of folder icon images. These have to be placed into System/Flash UI folder as originally intended.
  • Hide or Show number of tracks contained in static MSC Playlists (Settings -> Browser -> Show PL Track Count). Default is to show ...
  • Set Maximum number of static playlists [10 to 1000] (Settings -> System -> Max Static Playlists). 100 is default. In order to configure more than 100, MSC Playlist editor needs to be updated. Reducing max number of playlists may improve performance slightly - especially if you do not intent on having too many.
  • Set Maximum number of custom icons [10 to 200] (Settings -> System -> Max Custom Icons). 40 is default. If you set to a lower value, extra icons are hidden, but not deleted from the filesystem (so you don't loose them). This may also improve performance slightly, so set it to number of icons you likely to create.
  • A feature that I love on my Stereo receiver - it automatically sets volume to a certain preset level when I turn it on - this way I don't go deaf forgetting that I had music blasted just a day before. I had same issue with S9 in my car, so I am adding control for that: Activate 'Reduce Volume on Start' feature if you like (Settings -> System -> Reduce Volume on Start), then set the volume to which you want S9 automatically set to if current volume is higher (settings -> System -> Max Start Volume). So if you left the S9 with volume 35, and max start set to 30, when you turn S9 on, the volume is set to 30.
  • Slide Art Speed Setting max value changed to 50 from 30.
  • Per request: Change color of album art frame (only useful if frame is being displayed - Settings -> Music -> Album Frame Color).
  • Per request: Reverse shake direction when changing album art (Settings -> Music -> Next Track Shake). Default is shake left to go to next track. Reverse it by choosing to shake right for next track.
To reduce download size, this one is released as a patch to 3.17.

Download 3.18 update

Old 05-05-2009, 08:44 AM

@claw

Just downloaded your latest UI 3.18 and like it very much; but I wonder whether I am confused about the Brightness widget. At first it appeared as an icon on the Main Menu's - then I was able to move it to the Utilities Menu's.

But it doesn't appear as a "widget" on the Widget Screen even though under user settings it is configured as Run mode=Widget. Am I missing something?

Thanks
NigelS

Also, after experimenting with Wallpapers: I tried setting da1writers beautiful 6-pack as a timeline wallpaper set for Menu 2. Followed your instructions from the first posting in this thread. Now for some reason, I have the six-pack wallpapers displaying in all three menus (Menu 1, 2 & 3). Strangely I tried changing the Wallpaper blend from 100/0 to 50/0 to tone them down. Again, this was set in only Menu 2. However, this setting has actually affected all three Menu backgrounds, even though Menu 1 & Menu 3 still have the default Blend set at 100/0.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Last edited by NigelS; 05-05-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I think I found another issue with disappearing icons.

PATCH 3.18.1 DOWNLOAD

Your 'missing' icons should reappear as well if you had any ....

If you have not yet downloaded 3.18, you do not need this patch.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 AM

Default To change folder with swipe up/down function...

Hi Claw,

great work!! I'm very happy to use your UCI. But I have one wish. I'd like to add a possibility to change folder(directory) with swipe up or down function. I mean to play a first song from next/previous folder(directory). I know, there is a posibility to go to browser with these functions, but I want to change folder(directory) only.

Thanks in advance
Agca

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Tricky is this one ...
It may be possible though, but will not work in all cases.
For example, if you're playing in the 'Songs' stage (which has all songs in one list), there are no folders to go to.
If you're in the Album stage, I may be able to swipe to next/prev album this way.
In Artist stage it depends on whether you select [All Songs] or pick artist's album ... former won't work as there are no folders really ...
If you're playing off 'Folders' it should work ok ...

I'll add it to my list for reserch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agca View Post
Hi Claw,

great work!! I'm very happy to use your UCI. But I have one wish. I'd like to add a possibility to change folder(directory) with swipe up or down function. I mean to play a first song from next/previous folder(directory). I know, there is a posibility to go to browser with these functions, but I want to change folder(directory) only.

Thanks in advance
Agca

Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Further to my last. I noticed that if I start the S9 up having closed it down on Menu 1, then the wallpaper is displayed as black (no pic); as is Menu 3. This would be the expected behaviour since I only added wallpaper to Menu 2. If I then switch to Menu 2, the wallpaper displays, but then it stays displayed when I switch to Menu 1 & 3.

Is something corrupted? what to delete to start from fresh?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

That's normal - this is because when wallpaper is not assigned, the Switcher has no wallpaper to switch to so it preserves previous wallpaper - so if you had one assigned in menu2, and then switched to 1, 2's wallpaper will show. When you start no wallpaper is switched yet, so it stays black. If you do not want a wallpaper on the 1st menu, you can go Settings -> Menu 1 -> Wallpaper Alpha and set the Blend Alpha to 100. If you ever assign a wallpaper there, you will need to lower that value to let the wallpaper show up.

I am also working on a way to get a default (gray) wallpaper to show through if no wallpaper is loaded (this will be a user setting of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelS View Post
Further to my last. I noticed that if I start the S9 up having closed it down on Menu 1, then the wallpaper is displayed as black (no pic); as is Menu 3. This would be the expected behaviour since I only added wallpaper to Menu 2. If I then switch to Menu 2, the wallpaper displays, but then it stays displayed when I switch to Menu 1 & 3.

Is something corrupted? what to delete to start from fresh?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
  • A feature that I love on my Stereo receiver - it automatically sets volume to a certain preset level when I turn it on - this way I don't go deaf forgetting that I had music blasted just a day before. I had same issue with S9 in my car, so I am adding control for that: Activate 'Reduce Volume on Start' feature if you like (Settings -> System -> Reduce Volume on Start), then set the volume to which you want S9 automatically set to if current volume is higher (settings -> System -> Max Start Volume). So if you left the S9 with volume 35, and max start set to 30, when you turn S9 on, the volume is set to 30.
G R E A T feature

When I use my Soundmagic PL-30 in the bus I must put the volume at 11 and it's loud. But when i'm at work i've got my bigger sennheiser and i need to put the volume at 25... so imagine if i forget to lower the volume when I go back to home... now that's a thing I can forget

Old 05-07-2009, 04:30 PM

U know somthing Claw, I look forward to your updates like I do Firmware upgrades, 24/7....We really appreciate the great work. Please keep it up. I also like that idea that you are not greedy, by adding the capability of having more than one theme. Though, I do use yours WAY! more than my others( ?uzzle, Curve), its still good to be able to switch. Thank you!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Hi, I am new to the S9. I am just trying to get my head around customizing it. I downloaded Claw_ui_pack_v3.17.zip and threw all the included files into the G:\System\Flash UI folder. The S9 boots up just fine but then nothing is different. I tried navigating the settings menus and could not find any additional options. What am I doing wrong?

THANKS!

edit: There is no user settings icon appearing in my utilities menu.. just notepad, some game, and calculator.

update: I found the user settings icon, but only after pressing the menu button that makes all the icons colorful and then re-navigating to the utilities menu... interesting.

Last edited by wideangle; 05-11-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:48 PM

I also had this problem and Claw set me straight, press the utilities icon folder and if it is loader correctly you will see additional icons. bluetooth, playlist, and user settings. Use the user settings icon and you will see all the things you can do with the UCI.
Have fun
also add the patch files 3.18 and 3.18.1

Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
is there any way to have the S9 recognize other filenames for album art. folder.jpg is VERY popular. how about just having the S9 recognize any *.jpg image in the folder, obviously limited to one file? maybe i should ask CLAW to investigate such a feature.
copied from another area of this forum

Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

It is certainly possible, but very difficult. Main reason is that S9 virtually links a track to an album ... so I can request album art on a track by track basis. If we override this functionality we will have to determine exactly where the file resides (so we can get this album's .jpg file), and that isn't possible unless you're browsing by Folder. If you browse by tag, all Path information is hidden and cannot be accessed. So if such a functionality were possible, all browsing and playing will need to be folder-based.

I believe el maco at IA forums did something like this:
http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/sh...5&postcount=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideangle
is there any way to have the S9 recognize other filenames for album art. folder.jpg is VERY popular. how about just having the S9 recognize any *.jpg image in the folder, obviously limited to one file? maybe i should ask CLAW to investigate such a feature.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 PM

well, i suppose what i will need to do then is just a batch rename of all of my cover art to cover.jpg .... it really is a shame to have such a beautiful OLED screen wasted with generic album art icons =P

thanks claw

EDIT: on that note, anyone recommend a good batch file renamer?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:05 PM

claw, great UCI, i haven't put it on my s9 yet, because it hasn't arrived in the mail yet lol. but i opened everything in irfanview, and i'm impressed. i hope i install it right...
can someone post a link to install directions if there are any?
or do i just put everything in the system/flash/UI folder?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Put everything into Flash UI, restart S9, go into Utilities icon, and open User Settings ... and off you go ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf1232 View Post
claw, great UCI, i haven't put it on my s9 yet, because it hasn't arrived in the mail yet lol. but i opened everything in irfanview, and i'm impressed. i hope i install it right...
can someone post a link to install directions if there are any?
or do i just put everything in the system/flash/UI folder?

Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 PM

thanks. now i feel retarded. LOL.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:03 AM

oh, i hate mainmenu2... would it be possible to just not use your mainmenu2?

i want to rename Puzzle theme to mainmenu2, and keep your mainmenu1. so install everything the same, just not have your mainmenu2, would everything still work? would the settings still save?

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists