android
Old 04-26-2009, 08:32 AM

Another request from me. In the favorites the tracks are displayed by filename. This isn't just annoying because of the .mp3 extension but also because foreign characters are displayed incorrectly (they're fine in the title, artist and album).
I'd look a lot better (IMO) if the title was displayed instead of the filename.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoo View Post
Another request from me. In the favorites the tracks are displayed by filename. This isn't just annoying because of the .mp3 extension but also because foreign characters are displayed incorrectly (they're fine in the title, artist and album).
+1. Great idea.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

That isn't easily possible. Its up to Cowon to provide a 'value' for each track in the stage. So if you're in [Songs] stage, it gives you title.I can't request title or filename - I get what FW gives me. In the Favorites stage, it returns filename. Also, in order to get artist/album/track info, the track MUST be in the active playlist, so if you are playing something from [Songs] stage, your playlist is all songs on the s9. But if you at that time go to the browser and look at the favorites, the favorites are NOT the active playlist, and there is no way to retrieve track info. Basically, its possible to do by overriding favorites stage, but only if the favorites are the currently active playlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoo View Post

And yea - changing color of remaining time, etc is easily possible. I'll add it after I finish integrating my UI into the x.30 version.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 AM

Claw,

Anyway to add your album and artist tabs to the new music.swf that cowon released? I love that feature.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Working on it now - still have a little more left before its done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannkt View Post
Claw,

Anyway to add your album and artist tabs to the new music.swf that cowon released? I love that feature.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.16

New Features:
  1. Music UI merged with x.30 version. It required a full reintegration of functionality so I may have missed something. I am also slightly suspicious that the new coverflow is slower (thoughI did not add any code to it except the item below). Long story - but it I used a different swf extractor which seems to have worked better than SoThink. This UI does NOT support multiple-coverart per mp3 feature ...
  2. Hide Page Number in the coverflow mode (Settings -> Music -> Hide Matrix Page Display). Unfortunately scrolling does not get any faster
  3. Per request: Change color of Play Time (playing or remaining) in the Music UI (Settings -> Music -> Play Time Color).
  4. Change color of Total Time in the Music UI (Settings -> Music -> Total Time Color).
  5. Per Request: Hide white frame around album art (only active if large album art is NOT used - as it always disables the frame) - (Settings -> Music -> Hide Album Frame).
  6. New Icon Run mode - Widget. This mode, unlike Launcher and Flash Browser, will load the .swf on TOP of currently running frame. This allows for flash files to run at the same time as the main UI (allowing music to play, etc). However, be aware that this mode is on top of all UI elements, including any popups (I am working on a way around it, but it may not be possible). Place both icons and .swf's into System/Flash UI/Widgets directory. Press icon to launch the widget. Press icon again to remove it. Switching to another UI closes the widgets. Note that there is no escape function, so if you can't press the icon, or if the widget cannot close on its own, you're stuck - restart and reconfigure the widget) - you can you can also switch to another screen - it will shut the widget down. This is still an experimental feature!
  7. New Icon setting (Configure Icon -> Lock Screen). This is for use with Widget mode only, and if set to YES, will lock out the window underneath until widget is closed - so you don't accidentally press wrong buttons, etc. This is the default mode.
Download entire pack v3.16:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...pack_v3.16.zip

New Brightness Widget (for use with the new Widget mode):
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ess_widget.zip
Unzip the contents into System/Flash UI directory.
It will place the .swf and .png into System/Flash UI/Widgets directory. It will also place an icondef_n.sol file into SOL directory. Change the 'n' to any available icon slot (up to 39 - if you have icondef_1.sol, but don't have icondef_2.sol, then rename it to icondef_2.sol). You may reconfigure the widget using Custom Icon Manager or you should find it somewhere on the main screen to run.

Last edited by Claw; 04-30-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I think I posted wrong music.swf ...

If you have already downloaded 3.16, get the patch to update music ui:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ch_v3.16.3.zip

If you didn't download it yet - you don't need this patch.

Last edited by Claw; 05-01-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 PM

I am having trouble uploading the file...I can download the patch but I cant download the v3.16

Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Fixed ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4l View Post
I am having trouble uploading the file...I can download the patch but I cant download the v3.16

Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post

Fixed ...
Thank You Very Much!

Old 05-01-2009, 05:29 AM

Thanks Claw for all your work :-)

Old 05-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

There was another missing setting from migration to the new music ui (Title Content -> Status). Updated UI is here:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ch_v3.16.3.zip

Old 05-02-2009, 02:55 AM

I have to be retarded, I am able to install any other uci on my s9 , but not this one. Buuf, Puzzle, and Curve all work no problem.

However this one will not work, I've tried 2.09, 2.10, 2.20, 2.30b, none will work. I dump all the files into system/flash ui.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 AM

I know this seems kind of simple but did you give it time and looked around a bit because aspetically it looks just like Cowon's.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 AM

Just noticed a couple of things that need changing:

1. Version No. - You forgot to change the no. from v3.15 to v3.16, its a little confusing when trying to find out whether you already have the pack or you need to download it after you brought out a patch.

2. Music overlays - Its nice how you have implemented the feature of the overlays disappearing, however, to bring them back, touching up the top of the screen (where (m) is) doesn't work, you have to touch in the area under the album art. Its a little annoying when trying to get back through the menu's quickly.

3. Music arrows - If you have large album art enabled and you flick your finger up or down (if you set it too change volume for example) the little green arrow is in wrong place at the top, it is only just visible.

4. Album art Matrix (most important thing ) - is it possible for the matrix to work in the browser ? and maybe even in the main menu ? also is it possible to have both the "flick change" and the matrix on at the same time, would be useful if the flick was available in the main menu.

5. "flick change" - Could you reverse it ? i find it wrong to flick that way for sum reason. Also how about having the flick to go back/forward in the browser, as the finger swipe does.

Do you think i asked for enough ?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

You won't notice a difference unless you start activating settings. Open Utilities (briefcase icon) and start the 'User Settings' icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticstylez View Post
I have to be retarded, I am able to install any other uci on my s9 , but not this one. Buuf, Puzzle, and Curve all work no problem.

However this one will not work, I've tried 2.09, 2.10, 2.20, 2.30b, none will work. I dump all the files into system/flash ui.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Old 05-02-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
You won't notice a difference unless you start activating settings. Open Utilities (briefcase icon) and start the 'User Settings' icon.

That did it, thanks a bunch. I just wanna say I've only messed around for about 5 mins, and you are amazing.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.17

Changes:
  1. New icon mode - Main Menu. In this mode, the .swf being launched is treated as a Main Menu, thus it is registered within Cowon's firmware and is subject to Theme Tracker functionality. Of course, the file has to be named mainmenuN.swf, with N being a number from 1 to 9 (for now) for this to work. This way you can have track up to 9 themes (anyone needs more than 9??? )
  2. New icon type - Folders. After adding a new icon, configure it and change its Type to Folder. Folders act just like Utilities icon, and you can drag/drop icons in and out of them.
    1. Since these are dynamic folders, once they are deleted or deactivated, the icons stored in them will move to their original designated location.
    2. For now all folders must reside in the main stage (you cannot have folders inside folders) - for that to be changed I need to do more restructure of icon management code.
    3. This feature is somewhat experimental and maybe buggy and needs more work I think.
    4. Resetting Icon Layout will also reset placement of icons within folders, so all dynamic folders will be emptied and the icons will be moved to their default locations.
    5. For cool folder icons - like game folders, try this link: IconsPedia website.
  3. Duff Man's idea - Wallpaper Timeline Preview - when assiging timelines, when timeline zones show up and you wait a few seconds, a tiny thumbnail will display in the appropriate slot designating actual wallpaper assigned to that zone.
  4. Fixed missing Blend Alpha setting from the updated Music UI.
  5. A few other bug fixes that nobody noticed
Full v3.17 download (1.1mb): LINK

Last edited by Claw; 05-04-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch - v3.17.1
  • Fix for icon preview
  • Fix for some disappearing icons
  • Fix for Hunter/User Settings icons not remembering their page.
If you have not yet downloaded full 3.17 pack you do not need this patch.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Old 05-04-2009, 06:13 PM

Just for the information, i'm from quebec, so i'm not very good in english... just hope you will understand

a little suggestion...

it will be nice to change the color of the frame around the album art.

And i don't know why, but when i'm trying tu put multiples wallpapers (one by screen) the wallpapers turns black. I'M trying to set an image as a wallpaper, but does nothing. The background is still black... Can you help me?

And thank you Claw for all your good work!

Last edited by Redblade; 05-04-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists