android
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Go to Utilities Icon, press User Settings, then System.
Press Wallpaper Mode setting, and select 'Per Screen' from the selection list.
Now exit the settings screen and go to Pictures Browser to set a wallpaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
can't seem to figure out where to switch to "per screen" to even attempt to use this help?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-22-2009, 04:38 PM

Is that under your custom UCI or the original for the cowon?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:49 PM

when i want to set a costume wallpaper my s9 stops to work. in the wallpaperset.sol the file path is:
\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library \Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library \Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library \Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Bilder\ picture.jpg

Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Hmm ...
I think this is because you're not going through folders to select the wallpaper. Make sure when you open the Picture viewer, you press the arrow back folder (1st one) a few times. When you hit the 'Library' level, open Folders/Pictures (or whatever the Folders translates to in this case. Either way - you HAVE to go through folders, because otherwise there is no way to determine the path where the wallpaper resides.

It isn't necessary for standard single wallpaper that Cowon supports because they make a copy of the image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilmadic View Post
when i want to set a costume wallpaper
my s9 stops to work. in the wallpaperset.sol the file path is:
\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library \Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library \Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library \Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\L ibrary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Lib rary\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Libra ry\Library\Library\Library\Library\Library\Bilder\ picture.jpg

Old 04-22-2009, 05:25 PM

thank you for the answer and the great uci and can you say me what the wallpaper alpha is

Old 04-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Alpha is a transparency value.
Alpha of 0 means that the object is completely transparent (i.e. invisible).
Alpha of 100 means it is completely opaque and nothing underneath is visible.

So when you work with the Wallpaper Blender, you have two objects. At the bottom is the Wallpaper itself. Setting its alpha to 100 would show you wallpaper as you normally would expect to see it. Lowering alpha value will make the wallpaper 'darker'.

On top of the wallpaper is the Blend object - that's the original gray background. If you set its alpha to 100, then it will be completely opaque and the wallpaper will not be visible. If you set it to an intermediate value, you can 'blend' the wallpaper and the gray background together. Why bother with it? Well - if you assign a wallpaper to the browser, it may be unreadable unless you darken the wallpaper.

It clearly isn't necessary, and in most cases 100/0 setting for the Blender is perfectly fine - perhaps with exception of the Browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilmadic View Post
thank you for the answer and the great uci and can you say me what the wallpaper alpha is

Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 AM

Claw > first of all, thanks again for you great work.

I found an annoying bug with 3.14.1. Whenever I set Wallpaper mode to "Per screen", the device freezes after a few seconds and needs to be reset. I then delete system_settings.sol and it works like a charm again.

By the way, I installed it on a clean /System/FlashUI folder.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

But 3.14 itself is ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimos View Post
Claw > first of all, thanks again for you great work.

I found an annoying bug with 3.14.1. Whenever I set Wallpaper mode to "Per screen", the device freezes after a few seconds and needs to be reset. I then delete system_settings.sol and it works like a charm again.

By the way, I installed it on a clean /System/FlashUI folder.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 AM

Good question, I don't know in fact. I downloaded the whole full pack from the link on the very first page.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 AM

Default ability to remove icons

Claw, thanks for the great work!

Can you please also add an ability to remove standard icons? Actually I use only Music, Video, Picture and User Settings. So all other icons like Flash, Radio, Settings etc. are dumped in the menu corner

Old 04-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.15 (separate versions for x.20 and x.30 firmware):

Features/Updates

1. MSC Playlists (see below for functionality).
  2. Activated 'Widget' menu in the User Settings.
    1. Widget screen's Wallpaper Blender (Settings -> Widget -> Wallpaper Blender) - full support of setting both the Alpha and Blend values.
    2. Copy of 'Current Track Display' and 'Current Track Color' settings from Menu settings.
  3. Double-tap on an image in the 'Photo' widget on the Widget menu to open it full screen in the Picture Viewer. This does not work at all times for some reason - it depends on the Stage you were in last. Still trying to figure this out.
  4. Ability to move icons between Utilities 'folder' and the main 'Stage'. Just drag/drop an icon either onto the utilities icon, or onto the 'return' icon to move it around.
  5. You can now move 'return' icon around just like any other icon.
  6. When configuring a custom icon, a live preview of the icon image will be displayed. So you know immediately if your image will show. What you see on that screen is exactly what will be displayed on the menus.
  7. Icon images can now be placed next to their respective .swf's (Flash Browser mode - put jpg's and png's into Flash directory, Launcher mode - put them into Flash UI directory). Use live preview to verify.
  8. Increased max icon limit from 10 to 40. This comes with a lame next/prev page navigation - its not animated at this point.
  9. Fixed a bug where custom icons were created ABOVE header/footer of the main menus.
  10. Per request - BookMark on Pause feature (Settings -> Music -> Bookmark on Pause). When activated, putting a track on Pause will automatically create a bookmark in that spot. This works in my Music UI and in my main menus only (not in Widget yet).
  11. A few minor performance improvements behind the scenes for playlists to activate a little faster - you probably won't notice anything unless you have a 200+ playlists.
MSC Playlists
This feature was developed in collaboration with AntiLamer and you will need to download his MSC Playlist Manager (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27547) which is currently supported only on Windows PC's (since its a .Net app).
To use:
  1. Use the playlist manager to create one or more playlists (up to 100). Each playlist can support up to 256 tracks.
  2. Activate MSC Mode playlist access in Browser (Settings -> Browser -> MSC Playlists).
  3. Once active AND you're running in MSC mode, when you open the browser and navigate to Playlists folder, you will see your playlist names there (and number of tracks in brackets).
  4. Double-tap on a playlist to activate it (works just like Dynamic playlist). This is important: There will be no visual feedback that playlist is activating - S9 will freeze until load is completed! If you have a 200+ track playlist, this could take 30-40 seconds.
  5. Note that these playlists are static, and cannot be edited or deleted on the S9 itself. Use playlist manager for anything related to them.
  6. This feature does not rely on mp3 tags.
  7. To back up your playlists, copy SOL/playlist_#.sol files.
  8. This is just basic functionality. What is being planned (so you don't have to ask):
    1. Activation feedback.
    2. Basic editing (i.e. delete playlist directly on the S9).
    3. Ability to at least see the tracks before activating.
    4. Control to show or hide track count in the browser.
    5. Hopefully AntiLamer converts his playlist manager to work on Linux and Mac as well
Full UI pack for x.20 firmware: http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...pack_v3.15.zip

For x.30b, the ONLY addition is access to the Hunter game. if you want to use the new Music UI, utilize Theme Tracker (i.e. move my music UI to 2_music.swf, and delete music.swf). This way, menu 1 will call cowon's new music ui, and menu 2 will call my version. Note - there is a problem with Recorder in this version (I broke something) so its not included in this version (version from x.20 should work fine). If something else is wrong you can switch to x.20 UI ...
Full UI Pack for x.30b firmware:http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl..._v3.15_x30.zip

Enjoy!

Old 04-24-2009, 09:35 AM

Claw > did you by the way have a chance to fix (or at least found what's wrong with) the issue I explained in my post yesterday ?

Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I tried to replicate it but couldn't ... so still working on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimos View Post
Claw > did you by the way have a chance to fix (or at least found what's wrong with) the issue I explained in my post yesterday ?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:21 PM

very nice update. i will try and test it.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:03 PM

I renamed your music ui to 2_music.swf and deleted the original music.swf but if i'm in menu 2 it still brings up cowon's new music ui

Old 04-24-2009, 05:14 PM

Thx Claw!, i love the playlist solution you came up with. I know you're limited by the SDK regarding playlists, but i have to put in some suggestions .

- Convert the browser to a playlist editor with buttons like move up, move down, move to top, delete track (don't know if this is possible)
- Add a panel to the album art with, say, the next 5 songs in the list. Click once on the album art and you get the file info (bitrate and stuff) click again and you'll get such a panel with the upcoming track titles. (I know there is a quick list but i don't like it so much as it takes an enourmous amount of clicks and swipes to browse the next few songs in the list.)
- Ability to sort the favorites list, it can be a pain to check if you already added a song to the favorites when it is listed unsorted and you have 100+ songs in it already. (I know about the 'check for duplicates' setting but i have yet to figure out how it exactly works. Cause i think it doesn't work when you add to the favorites but only when you add to playlists.
- Dunno how most users use this feauture, but i constantly make the error when i click the 'Fill from fave' button that it will add all favorites to the playlist where instead i just want to 'sync' them. So i just go to playlist setting do a clear playlist and then again the 'fill from fave' button. Maybe its easier for users when it clear the list first when you click the 'fill from fave' button.

Also, i hope you could answer some questions on the dev side of things. I'm a programmer but my flash skills are basic so i might ask something obvious but here it goes:
-Are there any Pros/cons to using XML instead of SOL files. The reason i ask is cause i was working on an calendar kind of app for the S9 for personal use. Cause i wanted to make it a usefull app for everyone i tried dynamically adding the data from an XML file that the user can edit to his/her liking. To my suprise loading an xml file worked great and with great speed to (loads an 150kb XML file in about a second would be my guess, altought there may be some lazy/asynchronous loading being done behind the scenes).
- Also im very interested in how you and AntiLamer implemented that playlist editor in MSC mode(have yet to check it out). Do they work on the PLA files used by Cowon, and do you have any reference to how to build these lists. I ask cause i may want to develop some sort of playlist editor myself just for learning WPF purposes. (i need to find some .Net 3.5 WPF project for me to learn )

I know these are a lot of questions but thx for your effort anyways, really improves the S9 where Cowon should have , Jape.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:03 PM

hmmm tried following your instructions on using custom icons.... after setting them all up (so i assigned the name of the target .swf and the target icon image) as per your instructions, they don't launch when pressed. I'm using v3.14.1

Old 04-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch - 3.15.1
For anyone that wants to use MSC Playlists, but does not have S9 set to English, install patch below. It should allow playlists to show up in the browser. This patch should work with x.20 and x.30 firmware.

http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ch_v3.15.1.zip

Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Already planned ... I've been adapting browser to playlists for a while, though its a total pain ... I am ready to give up and write one from scratch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jape View Post
- Convert the browser to a playlist editor with buttons like move up, move down, move to top, delete track (don't know if this is possible)
Good idea - I'll add it to my To-Do list ...
Quote:
- Add a panel to the album art with, say, the next 5 songs in the list. Click once on the album art and you get the file info (bitrate and stuff) click again and you'll get such a panel with the upcoming track titles. (I know there is a quick list but i don't like it so much as it takes an enourmous amount of clicks and swipes to browse the next few songs in the list.)
Sorting of these virtual lists is very painful, but I do have it on my list of things to try. The reason why I can't stop duplication of favorites is that entire job of adding it to the favorite list is done by the firmware. My preference is to first add track to playlist. if dupe checking was on and playlist rejected the favorite, I block it from adding it to actual favorite. That is being worked on ...

Quote:
- Ability to sort the favorites list, it can be a pain to check if you already added a song to the favorites when it is listed unsorted and you have 100+ songs in it already. (I know about the 'check for duplicates' setting but i have yet to figure out how it exactly works. Cause i think it doesn't work when you add to the favorites but only when you add to playlists.
Idea of a 'Fill' function was to be able to merge and mix playlists. But I see your point. I may add a 'Sync' button as well. It would clear the playlist and reload from favorites ... something like that.

Quote:
- Dunno how most users use this feauture, but i constantly make the error when i click the 'Fill from fave' button that it will add all favorites to the playlist where instead i just want to 'sync' them. So i just go to playlist setting do a clear playlist and then again the 'fill from fave' button. Maybe its easier for users when it clear the list first when you click the 'fill from fave' button.
Well, asynchronous read of XML files is the biggest issue. fs_commands, which cowon uses to execute firmware commands, is a single-threaded process, which suspends Flash while executing. Not good if you're in the middle of reading a file Regardless, for anyone that remember my initial versions of the UI, I did use LoadVars() - but async model was too inconvinient. SOL is a much better system.
1 - It can be written to.
2 - Its a synchronous call, so I am guaranteed that data load is completed before I get to next command.
3 - Its a real data structure, and as such can be mined as a real database, increasing flexibility of the application.

Main drawback is of course performance. But synchronizing async LoadVars() or XML() will defeat most performance gains.

Quote:
Also, i hope you could answer some questions on the dev side of things. I'm a programmer but my flash skills are basic so i might ask something obvious but here it goes:
-Are there any Pros/cons to using XML instead of SOL files. The reason i ask is cause i was working on an calendar kind of app for the S9 for personal use. Cause i wanted to make it a usefull app for everyone i tried dynamically adding the data from an XML file that the user can edit to his/her liking. To my suprise loading an xml file worked great and with great speed to (loads an 150kb XML file in about a second would be my guess, altought there may be some lazy/asynchronous loading being done behind the scenes).
We totally faked it

We integrated my dynamic playlists into a static model. I override browser display when [Playlists] stage is selected and instead search for playlist_#.sol files that are created by AntiLamer's tool. Here a text/xml based structure is probably better, however since we plugged into the Dynamic Playlist model, this was the easiest and fastest way to do things - and without worry about async process. Hopefully this made sense
We do not bother with .pla files ...
Quote:
- Also im very interested in how you and AntiLamer implemented that playlist editor in MSC mode(have yet to check it out). Do they work on the PLA files used by Cowon, and do you have any reference to how to build these lists. I ask cause i may want to develop some sort of playlist editor myself just for learning WPF purposes. (i need to find some .Net 3.5 WPF project for me to learn )

I know these are a lot of questions but thx for your effort anyways, really improves the S9 where Cowon should have , Jape.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 AM

A request Claw - is it possible to have the option of changing the color of the time elapsed/time remaining numbers on the Music screen?

Thanks as always.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists