android
Old 04-18-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls103rb View Post
3,12 playlists aren't working for me at all - the beta was better
  • Can make playlists from "fill from faves", and add to playlists from music screen, but cannot play them.
  • The heart button doesn't display on the music screen, so can't activate or play from there
  • Have tried removing the playlist_settingsSOL as before, no difference..
Any ideas Claw? I'm getting near that horrible time when I have to consider MTP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
If you don't see the heart button, then the playlists are not activated - make sure that Settings -> System -> Dynamic Playlists is turned on.
Clearly I had a stupidity attack Sorry and thanks. I still have to remove the playlist_settings SOL file after every pc connection though. Anyone else have the same problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-18-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Do you have Duplicate Checking turned on? How much longer does it take - like double - triple the time?
yes duplicate checking is turned on. sometimes it take 5 seconds to add a song, sometimes unter one second. but i think its not dependent on the number of tracks in the list.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Do you have Duplicate Checking turned on? How much longer does it take - like double - triple the time?
yes duplicate checking is turned on. sometimes it take 5 seconds to add a song, sometimes unter one second.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:01 PM

Claw
Although I have 2 other UCI's, I still find myself using urs...U have really set the bar for UCI's....Thanx for takin time and hookin us up....

I am still tryin to grasp the understanding of the Playlist idea though..I have tried to add songs to a second playlist, & even after activating it, I was unable to add using the heart....Also, I was tryin to play my playlist from the Dynamic Playlist screen, but had no luck...I was able to access it from my fav in the music browser(is it suppose to be this way?).....but besides that I love this UCI's..gives the power of 'ME'...this just hit me>>I can't customize the widget screen in settings>>Are there restrictions for this?

Old 04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

To use playlists:
1 - Create a few in the Playlist Manager. You cannot play them from there, only set them up. So - create a blank playlist, name it, set its color if you like, etc - via Playlist Settings button.
2 - When in the Music screen, activate the playlist: Press the heart, double-tap on the playlist name. This will delete all your favorites and load them from the playlist (since its a new list, there are no favorites).
3. Find a song and play it. Add it to a favorite as usual (from the Music screen not browser). When you do this, the song is added to the favorite AND to the active playlist.
4. Navigate to another song. Press Favorite, but this time press the Playlist button (middle) instead of actually adding to a favorite. You can now add the track to any other playlist.
5. One you add all tracks to various playlists, you can activate them - which will load their track names into Favorites and starts playing.
In essense, playlists are just cache's for Favorites.

So you have 40 tracks in list1, 24 in list2, and 2 in list3.
When you activate list1, all favorites are deleted and favorites list is loaded with 40 tracks ... etc ...

Widget setting screen is restricted for now because I haven't gotten to it yet

Old 04-18-2009, 10:02 PM

Thanx alot Claw...goin to mess around with it....Preciate it once again

Old 04-19-2009, 05:47 AM

i have found a bug. i have found that sometimes if you go to the playlist manager, and do such things as renaming and setting the equalizer setting of the playlist, the forward and rewind buttons dont function any more, but the sound volume buttons are ok. the only solution i found was to take the player in the sleep mode or turn it off.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I've been trying to track down this problem for a while now
How do you access the playlist manager? Via User Settings, directly via icon under Utilities, or through Music swipe shortcut?

How do you access the playlist manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by S9vid View Post
i have found a bug. i have found that sometimes if you go to the playlist manager, and do such things as renaming and setting the equalizer setting of the playlist, the forward and rewind buttons dont function any more, but the sound volume buttons are ok. the only solution i found was to take the player in the sleep mode or turn it off.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.14

1. Custom Icon Manager (see below for instructions)
  2. Ability to hide overlays in Music UI by touching PlayInfo area (where artist/title/album is - under album art (Settings -> Music -> Playinfo Touch Function)
  3. If Touch Function above is set to 'Hide Overlays', you can default to start Music UI with overlays hidden (Settings -> Music -> Hide Overlay on start)
  4. Fixed a bug where flipbar icons were grayed out in the Browser when Bookmarks browser was disabled.
  5. Removed MSC/MTP setting as it did not work with Korean firmware.
  6. Adjusted Hotlink icons a little to get them to match the rest of the screen better.
Custom Icon Manager

You may create up to 10 custom icons (for now) and place them on the main menu.

Instructions:
  1. Open Custom Icon Manager in the User Settings screen.
  2. Create or more blank icons by pressing [New] button.
  3. Double-tap an icon (or press Configure Icon) to configure it (until it is configured it will not show up in menus!):
    1. Label -> Define label of the icon. If you don't display labels normally, then you don't have to bother.
    2. Flash File (.swf). Enter the .swf file you want this icon to run. Note that you do not have to type .swf at the end, as the Settings screen will automatically add it.
    3. Icon Image (.jpg or .png). Enter icon image (placed into same directory as where .swf's are - for now). You may enter .jpg or .png (png supports transparency). If you omit extension, .png will be added automatically. Do not use very large icons - as it will slow down activation of main menus. An icon that is 48x48 or 50x50 is good size, though you can load larger icons. If you use labels, they will get messed up with very large icons.
    4. Menu Placement -> You may place new icon into either Utilities 'folder' or on the main menu itself. Utilities is the default.
    5. Target Main Menu -> You may choose the icon to be accessible to all menus, or to a specific one (1, 2, or 3). ALL is the default.
    6. Enabled -> In leu of deleting the icon, you may disable it. It will be accessible via Icon manager, but will not show up in any menu.
  4. If something is wrong or menu load is slow, you may disable custom icon support for a menu (Settings -> MenuN -> Custom icons). It is enabled by default.
The icons are placed in the center of the menu by default, and multiple icons will overlap each other. Make sure 'Lock Icons' is not enabled in the menu, so you can drag new icons around. Once you move them, the UI will memorise the location.

Defining an icon image is not necessary - system will use default icon. if things get slow you may just clear out the icon image setting and use the default.
Note that right now there is no validation of .swf's existence, so if something is wrong with it, screen will go blank. Just hold the hard power button to shut off the player, then turn it back on.

You may back up your icon configuration by saving 'icondef_#.sol' files in the SOL directory.

Download link to the full pack:

http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...pack_v3.14.zip

Old 04-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Nice!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM

Oh, the note pad doesn't seem to work on utilities, have i done something wrong?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I've been trying to track down this problem for a while now
How do you access the playlist manager? Via User Settings, directly via icon under Utilities, or through Music swipe shortcut?

How do you access the playlist manager
hmm could not isolate the error. its not easy, i think its not reproduceable. i repeated the sequence which caused once this error but could not reproduce it.
this sequence could produce this error:

1. in music menu
2. go to user settigns -> Playlist Manager
3. new (Playlist)
4. configure (Playlist)
5. change name of playlist
6. playlist EQ setting to something like techno
7. return to music menu
8. forward and rewind button on the s9 dont function.

i hope i could help you. i have found another bug. the keyboard in the change name setting was displaced, it was over the input field, which was not visible.
perhaps its the keyboad ? i dont know.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:46 PM

nice update! good work.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch - v3.14.1

1. Quick patch to allow dual-mode icon launch (see below) configured via Icon Configuration -> Run Mode.
  2. Fixed a bug where icons would not drop into Utilities if configured to do so.

There are two Run modes:
Launcher
In this mode, the .swf has to reside in System/Flash UI folder, and will be executed by the Launcher (user_settings.swf, Nova's full-screen clock, etc - are accessible this way). It becomes bound to the Stage setting (rotation, size, etc) and becomes part of the UI.

Flash Browser (default)
In this mode, you execute an swf that's normally accessible via Flash Browser. In this mode the file must be located in Flash folder (NOT flash ui). Basically, if you can't see the .swf in the flash browser, it won't work. Play button 'escape mode' works here. If you mistype the filename, nothing happens.

Note that the keyboard seem to be missing the underscore symbol, so rename anything with it.

If you have not yet downloaded full 3.14 pack, you do not need the patch.

Otherwise, you can get a patch - 3.14.1 here:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ck_v3.14.1.zip

Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 AM

Oh yeah it works

Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM

Claw, in your next update could you please include text writer using your querky keyboard.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 AM

Claw
---I'm glad you are a S9 user, and u do wat u do...Makes my enjoyment of my S9 outstandings.....

Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 AM

Claw, is it possible to change equalizer automatically when you enter the video screen? So that when I listen to music, it's User 2 for example and when I go watch a video it switches to Vocal and when I go back to music, it switches to User 2.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Yes it is - and I have it on my list - thought I am not sure when I will get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoo View Post
Claw, is it possible to change equalizer automatically when you enter the video screen? So that when I listen to music, it's User 2 for example and when I go watch a video it switches to Vocal and when I go back to music, it switches to User 2.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 AM

can't seem to figure out where to switch to "per screen" to even attempt to use this help?

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists