android
Old 04-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

The company I am working for is much bigger than cowon ... though in a completely different industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoo View Post
You are the best. Officially. Why are you not working @ Cowon (or a bigger company)?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2009, 04:06 AM

claw when can we except the non beta version ?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

When I determine if it works sufficiently well. I am not sure there are enough people using the beta to really make it a good test, so if it consistently works for me I'll move it out into an official release - probably within a few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S9vid View Post
claw when can we except the non beta version ?

Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 PM

ok so i copied user_settings under flash uci(where i put UCI) right?
cuz i still get the same settings screen

Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Its not same settings screen - go to Utilities (briefcase icon) and open User Settings item there.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Claw would you have any clue why some of the buttons are not there when used with the Cube's music theme? For exsample theres no sign of the heart....

Old 04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

It has to be explicitly defined in each UCI. So far only music UCI included with my pack has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
Claw would you have any clue why some of the buttons are not there when used with the Cube's music theme? For exsample theres no sign of the heart....

Old 04-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Uh where would I find that?

Old 04-15-2009, 03:44 PM

Is it me being clumsy or can the hot links activate without telling them to?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:17 PM

I have a problem with Fill from Faves. My favorites says it has 111 tracks, however when I fill a playlist from faves it has 108. I'm sure my favorites doesn't contain any duplicates (as allow duplicates is off)

Oh and also, can you add 'Now Playing' as an option under music>title?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Hmm - they most certainly cannot, the activation function runs only when finger is released from the hotlink button. It is possible that its being tripped as its very close to the edge - and I've noticed that S9 is sensitive to finger presses at the edges - I managed to trip stuff just holding it by its sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenarchi
Is it me being clumsy or can the hot links activate without telling them to?

The fill from faves - or adding any track to the playlist - currently requires that all the tags are available (artist/album/track). It is possible that something is wrong with tags of some files. Out of curiosity, turn on dupe check and fill a new playlist - see if the number stays at 108. Can you easily identify which files are missing? Would be interesting to know what's so special about them.

Quote:
I have a problem with Fill from Faves. My favorites says it has 111 tracks, however when I fill a playlist from faves it has 108. I'm sure my favorites doesn't contain any duplicates (as allow duplicates is off)
Not sure what you mean ... Music -> Title allows setting content to Filename or Track or Album-Track, etc ... you have another option in mind?

Quote:
Oh and also, can you add 'Now Playing' as an option under music>title?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Not sure what you mean ... Music -> Title allows setting content to Filename or Track or Album-Track, etc ... you have another option in mind?
Yeah, the static text 'Now Playing'. Or I'm confused and title doesn't refer to what I think it refers to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
The fill from faves - or adding any track to the playlist - currently requires that all the tags are available (artist/album/track). It is possible that something is wrong with tags of some files. Out of curiosity, turn on dupe check and fill a new playlist - see if the number stays at 108. Can you easily identify which files are missing? Would be interesting to know what's so special about them.
Allow duplicates: yes -> 108 tracks

How should I identify what tracks are missing. I can't see which songs are in Playlist 1 without overwriting the favorites and so I can't check that then. My memory isn't good enough to remember all 111 tracks.

Last edited by iPoo; 04-15-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Sure ... can do that ...
Quote:
Yeah, the static text 'Now Playing'.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - Version 3.12
Primarily moving the playlists out of the beta. I have been using them myself for a while - and for the most part they work. I don't have enough information at this point to find any other issues.
  1. Dynamic Playlists out of beta mode (refer to post http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...&postcount=125 ... for instructions).
  2. New icon under Utilities in both Menu 1 and 2 - to call playlist manager directly.
  3. Additional Swipe Up and Swipe Down functions added to the music screen (Video, Playlist Manager, User Settings). This allows calling these three screens directly via swipe shortcut. Playlist Manager and User Settings screens will return to the Music screen on exit. (Settings -> Music -> Swipe Up Function & Swipe Down Function)
  4. Replaced Hotlink tabs with buttons more reflective of Cowon's UI - courtesy of Caleb369.
  5. Hotlink Memory - When you press a hotlink, its button is replaced with a button called 'Last' . Pressing that button will attempt to return you to the previous playlist (random songs, for example). It will also restore the Shuffle mode that was active prior to activation of hotlinks. Hotlink Memory is only a prototype for now, and does not work under all conditions. Also, its a one-shot deal - once you use it, the setting is removed. Also if you leave the screen or turn off the S9, the last playlist data is removed. Sometime later I will add a more persistent version. This function is more complicated than I expected - so bear with me ...
  6. Added an option -Status - to display play status instead of track info in the Music title area. It will say 'Now Playing' if a track is playing, and will be blank if it does not (Settings -> Music -> Title Content, set value to 'Status').
  7. The release also contains most behind-the-scenes code to get MSC mode playlist function - though the code has been disabled for now.
Download full pack here:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...pack_v3.12.zip

Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch - v3.13

1. Fixed a bug where Hourglass wasn't disappearing in the Picture screen when it was turned off in Settings.
  2. Per request (Seurreal) - Added a new option to Double-Tap function in the Picture viewer - to zoom to actual size. You have to enable double-tap function (Settings -> Picture Viewer -> Double-Tap Zoom) first. Then either activate 'Zoom to Native Size' or 'Default Zoom' percentage (you cannot activate both). Make sure you also tune the double-tap delay (Settings -> System -> Double-Tap Delay) - try value of 100 for better responsiveness. When you open an image, double-tap on it to immediately zoom to its actual size. Double-tap again to zoom out.
  3. Per request (Headcased) - added an option to toggle MSC/MTP mode in User Settings (since Korean Firmware disables that option) - Settings -> System -> USB Mode. I cannot test to see if setting it actually works on Korean firmware.
Download patch here:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...atch_v3.13.zip

Old 04-17-2009, 06:30 AM

3,12 playlists aren't working for me at all - the beta was better
  • Can make playlists from "fill from faves", and add to playlists from music screen, but cannot play them.
  • The heart button doesn't display on the music screen, so can't activate or play from there
  • Have tried removing the playlist_settingsSOL as before, no difference..
Any ideas Claw? I'm getting near that horrible time when I have to consider MTP...

Old 04-17-2009, 07:11 AM

Slight issue with Playlist Manager, say for example you are using FDX's Theme (which has the button to take you to your (Claw's) settings screen) if you create a playlist, then press (M) to go back to the menu, no icons are shown and you have to turn off the player (not reset). This doesn't happen while using your Mainmenu UCI Claw, that probably doesn't concern you, but ive told you anyway.

I'm liking the fading of the sections in the Music screen, any chance you could add an option too fade those sections in other areas (i.e Browser).

One other thing that is quite possibly the most annoying thing about the S9, why when you zoom in on an image does it pixel-ate so violently. Strange comparison here, but on a PSP when you zoom on an image, it re-adjusts after a couple of seconds and the image becomes clear. Is this possible on the S9 ? is it possible for someone to create a flash app that zooms normally ?

Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

If you don't see the heart button, then the playlists are not activated - make sure that Settings -> System -> Dynamic Playlists is turned on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls103rb View Post
3,12 playlists aren't working for me at all - the beta was better
  • Can make playlists from "fill from faves", and add to playlists from music screen, but cannot play them.
  • The heart button doesn't display on the music screen, so can't activate or play from there
  • Have tried removing the playlist_settingsSOL as before, no difference..
Any ideas Claw? I'm getting near that horrible time when I have to consider MTP...
This may be a limitation of Flash 7. I looked at this earlier but haven't found anything within the code that could cause this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEATY BUFFALO
One other thing that is quite possibly the most annoying thing about the S9, why when you zoom in on an image does it pixel-ate so violently. Strange comparison here, but on a PSP when you zoom on an image, it re-adjusts after a couple of seconds and the image becomes clear. Is this possible on the S9 ? is it possible for someone to create a flash app that zooms normally ?
Also - if you use DarkFlash - user settings indeed has an issue - you can download a patch here:

http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ch_v3.13.1.zip

Last edited by Claw; 04-17-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:15 PM

for me the newest version works perfect (the older ones also). its really a good feature to have more than one playlist.

there is a small problem with some mp3s, they cant be added to the playlist although they are tagged. dont know why, but thats not so important.

the strange thing is, that sometimes when you add a track to the playlist the process takes place fast. but often it does take some more time ? any ideas ?

another feature request: is it possible to programm the uci in such a way, that it saves the eq-settings for music and video separatly ? this way you can set the equalizer in video modus to normal to save power.

again thank you very much claw. you are really nice to the s9 community! i know its not an easy task. your work is well appreciated.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Could you send me the info on one of these? exact content of artist/album/artist tags? It could also be the placement - weird though ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S9vid View Post
there is a small problem with some mp3s, they cant be added to the playlist although they are tagged. dont know why, but thats not so important.
Do you have Duplicate Checking turned on? How much longer does it take - like double - triple the time?
Quote:
the strange thing is, that sometimes when you add a track to the playlist the process takes place fast. but often it does take some more time ? any ideas ?
Its easy to do, but I haven't started messing with Video UCI ... I'll keep it in mind when I get to it.

Quote:
another feature request: is it possible to programm the uci in such a way, that it saves the eq-settings for music and video separatly ? this way you can set the equalizer in video modus to normal to save power.

again thank you very much claw. you are really nice to the s9 community! i know its not an easy task. your work is well appreciated.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists