android
Old 03-31-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsoldiercl0ud View Post
However, I don't understand how to create a multiple playlists on my S9. The only thing I can do is add a song to my "Favorites" but I wouldn't consider that a playlist as it's only one.
1. Enable "Dynamic Playlists" in the User Settings -> System.
2. Restart the player to make sure the new heart shaped icon is available in the music interface footer.
3. Create up to 10 playlists (with a max. of 256 tracks each) in the Playlist Manager.
4. Use the icon to add songs to the favorites/bookmarks (the thing you described above), there will be a third option now to add songs to playlists. This will open a little window with your playlists to directly put it to one of them. This is the easiest method to add single tracks to a playlist.
5. The heart shaped icon opens a little window to choose and load a playlist.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 AM

Hi Claw, loving the UCI.
Can i make a few requests for the next version?
Currently (i'm using v3.48) on the music settings you can customise the footer settings. It can have whether both A/B are visible and what icons appear on them. Can you implement this for video and picture settings too, as many of the icons i don't use and would prefer to remove?
Can you also make a toggle setting for all menus that remembers what you left the footer displaying?
If i am asking for things that can already be done, can someone let me know how?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Hi Claw, I am trying to use the new J3 UCI. Is it possible to set up a per-mainmenu setting and picture UCI like you can the music UCI (i.e. #_music)? I am trying to use the J3 picture and setting UCI for only the J3 mainmenu

Thanks

Old 05-20-2010, 01:00 AM

I'm having difficukty with the Theme Tracker. I've enabled it and I renamed all the files in the Claw UCI as "1_whatever.swf" and the user settings control the mainmenu but not the other settings (music, browser etc.)

Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Maybe you can also create a possibility to add an intro-sound and to add a shutdown-sound

EDIT: And can you also create password-protection?

Last edited by Zeniwan; 05-30-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: added a second request

Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM

Default using icons in the Claw's UI question

Hey. I'm new so please pardon my ignorance. I just installed Claw's UI and it looks good. But immediately after installing it i also put 2 icon packets in my Flash UI folder. I can't find any icons in the Icon Manager . Hiw do i get icons into the icon manager?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:08 PM

http://claw.wikidot.com/custom-icons

Old 11-22-2010, 06:33 PM

Default Does Claw UI give you a choice?

If I wanted to install a user font, my Cowon S9 gives me a choice between system font or user font. How does the system distinguish between browsers...music UI's etc..if you have more than one music or browzer file to choose from? Does my question make sense?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:35 PM

Threads merged. No need for redundant ones when there's a large ongoing one.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiddy View Post
If I wanted to install a user font, my Cowon S9 gives me a choice between system font or user font. How does the system distinguish between browsers...music UI's etc..if you have more than one music or browzer file to choose from? Does my question make sense?
Someone posted this on iaudiophile.net:

From the manual

"Font
Set the COWON S9 font type to your preferred font.
Rename your True Type font file(.TTF) into USER.TTF, and
copy to the SYSTEM folder. Select USER FONT from the
menu to apply to the device.
* Certain types of USER FONT may not be properly shown.
It also may delay the device operation. Certain USER FONT
types may not work properly in multi languages."

I don't think it does. But fonts are dependent on the UCI. Some will use the user font (like claw's since the look hasn't changed from the original interface just added functionality), some will be encoded into the UCI itself. So in the case of hard coding to the UCI, it won't matter. You're stuck with whatever the UCI developer allows. Just a note: a UCI may allow a different font but would have to use a different name than user.ttf.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

The fonts controlled by Cowon's firmware are what's called 'Device Fonts' - they're built into the operating system and do not have to be embedded into Flash. These are higher-performance fonts, but they have their limitations. When you use Cowon's settings to change the font, what S9 actually does is it activates a different Device Font, which means that any UCI using device fonts will immediately start using that new font.

In order to use a font other than a device font, the data about the font has to be stored/embedded as part of the UCI, which increases its size, memory usage, and sometimes even decreases performance. I prefer to use device fonts wherever possible.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists