android
Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 PM

Default problem

First of all thanks - this stuff looks amazing.

My problem is that my setting menu is still the same default one.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-09-2009, 05:39 PM

go to utilities -> user settings

p.s. i got a q too...how do i access lyrics on the files? (i added them through ldb)

Old 04-09-2009, 05:40 PM

thanks, just figured it out..lol.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:12 AM

One more thing, all of the settings seem to be working for me apart from the one related to the picture viewer. I've copied all the SWF files, don't know what i'm doing wrong?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.1b
This is a beta version which introduces basic multiple dynamic playlist support. This setup may be fairly complex and may cause loss of favorites, etc - so if you're not brave enough - please don't bother until final release.

Features:
  1. Ability to set up 10 playlists (this is limited by the UI - not internal functionality) - and will be expanded later.
  2. Back up favorites by copying them into a playlist.
  3. Name playlists and set their color.
  4. Set default EQ setting for the playlist.
  5. Set default Shuffle mode for the playlist.
  6. Each playlist can have up to 256 tracks (FW limit).
Initial Configuration:
  1. Activate enhanced playlist mode (Settings -> System -> Dynamic Playlists)
  2. Go to Playlist Manager, which should be empty.
  3. Press 'new' to create up to 10 blank playlists.
  4. Back up existing favorites (if you want) by selecting one of the playlists and pressing 'Fill from Fave'
  5. Configure the playlists by selecting them and pressing 'Configure Playlist' button. Here you can name it.
  6. Press 'activate' to activate the playlist. This will wipe out your Favorites and reload them from selected playlist. You may now use the favorites as usual.
  7. Music screen has a new button at the bottom, heart-shaped. Click on it and all your playlists are there. Double-tap one and system will delete faves and load new faves from the playlists. If Auto-Play is on, new list will begin to play, EQ setting and Shuffle setting will switch.
  8. If you press 'Add Favorite' from the Music screen (not browser!) the track will be added to the Faves *AND* to the active playlist.
  9. If you delete a favorite from the Browser, the track will be removed from the favorites and from active playlist.

You can back up your playlists offline by copying dynplaylist_0.sol to dynplaylist_9.sol files ...

There are alot of things left to do as this is just a very basic function - but I need some testing before I proceed - so I'd like to hear what you have to say.

Settings summary:
Playlist Manager -> Configure Playlist -> Name : Name of playlist.
Playlist Manager -> Configure Playlist -> Color: Color displayed in the manager and in Music screen.
Playlist Manager -> Configure Playlist -> Playlist EQ: Select default EQ setting when this playlist is activated. If you choose <No change> then EQ setting will not be switched.
Playlist Manager -> Configure Playlist -> Shuffle: Change to shuffle ON / OFF when activating the playlist. If you choose <No change> then current shuffle mode will be used.

Playlist Manager -> Global Settings -> Auto-Play Playlists : Starts playing on 1st track as soon as playlist is activated (only works from Music screen).
Playlist Manager -> Global Settings -> Double-Tap Function : In playlist manager, double-tap a playlist to Activate or Edit it. Or set to None to ignore double-tap.

Note that your currently playing music and/or currently selected playlists may be disrupted when writing out playlist info - so be aware of that. There are too many FW limitations here.

Note that you can also merge playlists:
1 - Activate playlist 1
2 - Click once on playlist 2
3 - Click 'Fill from Faves' - Favorites (contents of playlist 1) will be added to playlist 2.

One more thing - this does NOT work if your music has messed up Tags - the playlists are tag based.

If you want to clear the playlist tracks without loosing settings, select a playlist, go to Configure Playlist -> Special Options -> Remove Tracks

Good luck!
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/claw_ui_v3.1b.zip

Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 PM

first of all, thanks for the great work claw. I've noticed a problem with the new version. The problem is everytime i try to set the wallpaper timeline and go into picutres to choose wallpapers, it always freezes and i am force to reset when i click on the name to set the settings. I have tried to go back to the previous version where it worked fine but that didn't solve the problme as it happened in the previous version when i went back... any help would be appreciated ^.^;

Old 04-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Its possible that the .sol file which keeps wallpaper names is corrupted. You could try removing (or renaming) SOL/wallpaperset.sol file and trying to set it again. I just tried it myself and it worked (the new zip is exact dump from my flash ui directory) so it may be something else.
If changing wallpaperset file doesn't work, turn off timeline in the settings, and see if setting a wallpaper for one of the screens works ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alclssha View Post
first of all, thanks for the great work claw. I've noticed a problem with the new version. The problem is everytime i try to set the wallpaper timeline and go into picutres to choose wallpapers, it always freezes and i am force to reset when i click on the name to set the settings. I have tried to go back to the previous version where it worked fine but that didn't solve the problme as it happened in the previous version when i went back... any help would be appreciated ^.^;

Old 04-11-2009, 02:32 AM

hmm i have tried what you've suggested but i cannot set them per screen nor make a timeline, they freeze when i try to. Only single screen seems to work...

Old 04-11-2009, 06:04 AM

hmm i dont think the playlist feature is working too well.... i made a new one and went in to music to add it to fav. but it doesnt get added to the playlist. I also added it from the actually play screen ...

EDIT = my bad, i've read the posts on the other site and got it to work , but the wallpaper problems still stand ...

Last edited by alclssha; 04-11-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Try to remove ALL the .sol files (move them somewhere as a backup) and try again - I wonder if some other files got corrupted. You can keep dynplaylist_#.sol files though ...

Old 04-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Hey Claw, I really wanna test out your wallpaper UI, but I have no idea how to put it into my S9. Do I just shove it into the Flash UI folder? Or do I have to change the names of something or other?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Copy everything into Flash UI folder - don't have to change any names (back up anything you had there just in case).
Start up S9 and go to Utilities -> User Settings and configure the system the way you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point View Post
Hey Claw, I really wanna test out your wallpaper UI, but I have no idea how to put it into my S9. Do I just shove it into the Flash UI folder? Or do I have to change the names of something or other?

Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 AM

Struggling with the playlists Claw
"Activate" does nothing. Favourites not wiped out at all, playlist doesn't play. Tried changing the double tap settings, no change. When I "fill from fave", the playlist loads, but then nothing again when I activate. When I try to play the playlist from the music screen, I can see the playlist after hitting the heart icon, but double tapping on it does nothing at all.
When I press 'Add Favorite' from the Music screen the track is not added to to the active playlist.

I saw you said you can navigate to individual songs from an empty playlist on iaudiophile, but I can't do that either.

All I can seem to do is name the playlists

I don't know if it's relevant, but I notice that when I add a track to Favourites, the green tick icon is displayed and disappears incredibly quickly - blink and I miss it, quite literally. This is new to 3.1b.

Hopefully I'm just being stupid and jetlagged, but I can't get it going.

Thanks as always.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 AM

Hey Claw, is it possible to disable the bookmarks from the browser. With disable I mean that when I press the switch between list/favorites/bookmarks thing that it'll skip bookmarks. I never use bookmarks and it's annoying that whenever I switch from favorites to list that I have to press twice. If it's possible it would be nice to have an option to switch that off.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

ls103rb = Its the language setting
I just switched from English to Dutch and playlists exhibitng same behavior as you described. If you like try to switch to English and see if playlists at least work. I am researching why languages make a difference.

iPoo - yes I can add it as an option.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
ls103rb = Its the language setting
I just switched from English to Dutch and playlists exhibitng same behavior as you described. If you like try to switch to English and see if playlists at least work. I am researching why languages make a difference.
I was using the English menu. Have tried the other languages that I know on the player, i.e., Swedish, Italian and French - no difference

No rush, you have more than enough to do!

Old 04-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.11b
Continuing the beta ...

1. Fixed a bug where Playlists would not activate if language is not set to English.
  2. Added an option to add track to an inactive playlist: When listening to a track, press Favorites button (not the playlist heart). Instead of two options (Favorites / Bookmarks) you get three (Favorites | Playlists | Bookmarks). Pressing Playlists would allow adding track to any playlist without adding it to current favorites. Playlist does not have to be active. If the playlist IS active, it will need to be re-activated for that track to show up there (will be auto-updated in next release).
  3. Fixed a bug where album art did not re-initialize when playlist was activated from the Music screen.
  4. Added a setting to check playlist for duplicates. The setting is in two places. In Global Settings, it could be used as a default for all new playlists. It can be changed as well in the specific playlist's config. If Check Duplicates is on, adding to a playlist takes longer (maybe twice as long), but if you forget if a track is already in the playlist, you don't have to worry about it. A duplicate will still be added to regular Favorites if you use that option, but will not be added to corresponding playlist.
  5. Improved performance in filling playlist from Favorites when Duplicate check is turned off.
  6. New Feature - per request: Added an option to disable Bookmark screen in the Browser (Settings -> Browser -> Disable Bookmarks).
  7. New Feature - per request: Added an option to reverse left/right swipe in the Browser (Settings -> Browser -> Next Folder Swipe).
  8. Replaced User Settings keypad entry with updated keypad that Cowon provided - some people may not like it but it has larger buttons. Note that in order for input value vto be accepted, press OK button at the bottom of the keypad. The (x) now just closes it (as it should have).
  9. Added Notepad icon to Menu1 and 2 from the x.20 firmware.
  10. Fixed a bug where adding to a Favorite failed to display the green checkmark.
  11. Playlist chooser's transparency that pops up in Music UI can be tuned for readability and your preference (Settings -> Playlist manager -> Global settings -> Chooser Transparency). Setting it to 100 won't make it completely opaque, but it should be much darker. setting it to 0 will essentially display the text options without the background ... up to you ...

http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/cl...ack_v3.11b.zip

ls013b -> Hmm ... weird ... if you don't mind could you send the dynplaylist_ files to me in a PM ? I'd like to see if they're not being added right. Or see if you can delete all of them (or move them out) and try again using 3.11 version.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:59 PM

Claw really nice work. Its very appreciated ! Its nice to have so many features. Is there a help document for your uci or some info on it ? I can only hope that you do continue your fantastic work ! thanks.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

A small bug was reported in reversing swipe direction in the browser. If you have not yet downloaded 3.11 pack you do not need the patch as I updated main zip file. If you installed 3.11 already, you may get updated browser here:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/wa...h_v3.11.1b.zip

Old 04-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
New Feature - per request: Added an option to disable Bookmark screen in the Browser (Settings -> Browser -> Disable Bookmarks)
You are the best. Officially. Why are you not working @ Cowon (or a bigger company)?

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists