android
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 AM

Hello alltogether,
I installed Claws UI yesterday (3.31b) on firmware 2.30 and everything seems to be fine. But I can't get the icon themes to work. I did everything explained in claws wiki but I still can't choose an icon theme because they are not displayed on page 3 of the menu-settings. Furthermore I can't see the icons I copied to the FlashUI in the custom icon manager.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - 3.32b

This is another beta release, some new features and a few bug fixes. As before, back up your SOL directory if you decide to play with it!

1. Added an option in Picture UI's Wallpaper assignment screen to set Lock Screen's wallpaper (will be posted in the widget thread later).
  2. Customize Music Flip Bar (both sides): User Settings -> Music -> Footer Settings -> Functions.
    There are 5 slots on each side, and each can be assigned:
    • None: No function. Remaining slots are spread out more and distributed evenly across the bar.
    • Empty: No function, but the slot's space is still reserved.
    • Original functions from each side: Rew,Play/Pause,Fwd,A-B,Add Fave,Playlist,Boundary,EQ,G-Sensor
    • Bluetooth toggle
    Additional functions to be added in next release:
    - Lock Screen
    - Playlist Manager

The functions may be duplicated across the sides (i.e. you can put Play/Pause on both sides of the flip bar), however do not duplicate the functions on the same side - some may behave unpredictably.
  3. Fixed a calculation issue when aligning exact square album art (it showed a .5 pixel gap). It is interesting that somehow ((272 - (272 * (500 / 500))) / 2) yields a 0.5 sometimes instead of 0 (not always though). Very very odd ... I had to reduce tne need for such a calculation in order to fix the problem with album art positioning.
  4. Beta bug fix: Icon effect lost when backing out into a folder.
  5. Beta bug fix: Fixed at least some icon loss when dragging into nested folders.
  6. Fix drawing of the grid lines when hiding of overlays is disabled on the main ui.
Known issues:
  1. Icon Effect disabled when Remember last folder setting is on, and the menu is entered directly into a folder (i.e. effect only works in Main stage).
  2. If an icon is dragged to the bottom of the stage (with function to hide overlay active), it cannot be activated unless icons are locked.
  3. On occasion Music UI next/prev controls stop responding (hard/soft/swipe). I am not sure if its a firmware glitch or something else going on. Let me know if you experience it.
Download v3.32b BETA

Old 07-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch 3.32.1b

If you have issues with disappearing icons, try the patch ..

Download patch 3.32.1b

Old 07-28-2009, 06:28 PM

Hi there,

I'd like to say thank you to claw, your UI is amazing. Just one question, would it be possible to change to album art screen (coverflow) so that the album art is in artist order instead of alphabetical order of the album name? I just thought this would be a better way to view the album art.

Cheers.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.33

This releaseis is primarily moving 3.31 and 3.32 out of beta and adding a few more features and bug fixes.

Changes since 3.30 (part of the beta):

1. Nested folders. Now you can drag a folder into another one. No restrictions. Press return arrow repeatedly to go one level back.
  2. New Icon Effect - Slide. Main menu slides from left to right,and folders slide from right to left. For now they all slide at once. There is still a bug there in which some folders don't slide ...
  3. Improved icon animation sligtly by delaying manipulation of icon labels until icons settle and removing alpha-controlled wallpaper if Blend is set to zero.
  4. Individually disable stock icons. They are not loaded into memory, nor are they searched for in theme folders: Settings -> Menu N -> Icon settings -> Enable Stock Icons. The setting is not global - set it for individual Main menu's (you may have main menu 1 with just most used icons for performance, and main menu 2 with all icons if you need them at some point). Also, certain icons are currently blocked from hiding (Utilities, Settings, and User Settings).
  5. Standard clock (one I use in other widgets) is now displayed at the Pin login screen.
    1. Hide the clock: User Settings -> System -> Secure Login -> Show Clock
    2. Set clock's colors: System -> Secure Login -> Clock Color, System -> Secure Login -> Date Color
  6. You can now set a wallpaper for the Login screen (if you have PIN enabled of course). To set it, go to Picture Browser, select an image, and assign a wallpaper as usual. At the bottom of the list of screens, you should see PIN Login as another option. Select it and you're done. No timeline support at this point. If you want to remove the wallpaper, go to User Settings -> System -> Secure Login -> Remove PIN Wallpaper. Once it is set to YES, standard black screen is displayed. Previous wallpaper is still remembered, and if you turn off this setting, the wallpaper will reappear. Assigning a new wallpaper will automatically turn this option off. Note that unlike main wallpapers, I do not scale or rotate this one, so make sure the wallpaper is relatively small and is set to proper size.
  7. Some settings have been grouped into sub-settings (with >>> symbol) ... this is still a prototype, and some settings have moved, and some others have not. Grouping will be done on an ongoing basis.
  8. Added an option in Picture UI's Wallpaper assignment screen to set Lock Screen's wallpaper (will be posted in the widget thread later).
  9. Customize Music Flip Bar (both sides): Music -> Flip Bar -> Functions.
    There are 5 slots on each side, and each can be assigned:
    • None: No function. Remaining slots are spread out more and distributed evenly across the bar.
    • Empty: No function, but the slot's space is still reserved.
    • Original functions from each side: Rew,Play/Pause,Fwd,A-B,Add Fave,Playlist,Boundary,EQ,G-Sensor
    • Bluetooth toggle
    The functions may be duplicated across the sides (i.e. you can put Play/Pause on both sides of the flip bar), however do not duplicate the functions on the same side - some may function unpredicatbly.

Bug Fixes:
  1. Fixed a calculation issue when aligning exact square album art (it showed a .5 pixel gap). It is interesting that somehow ((272 - (272 * (500 / 500))) / 2) yields a 0.5 sometimes instead of 0 (not always though). Very very odd ... I had to reduce tne need for such a calculation in order to fix the problem with album art positioning.
  2. Beta bug fix: Icon effect lost when backing out into a folder.
  3. Beta bug fix: Fixed several causes of lost icons when they get dropped into a folder.
  4. Fix drawing of the grid lines when hiding of overlays is disabled on the main ui.
  5. Bug fix: DMB icon was lost permanently (reported by PeFont).
  6. Bug fix: Overlay Touch function on Main Menu UI was hardcoded during testing and I forgot to remove it (reported by JRWaite)
  7. Bug Fix: Shake Direction setting for MUSIC in the Main Menu UI was ignored (reported by Korgmatose). Radio setting worked ok.
  8. Bug Fix: User Settings screen failed to return to correct menu when using Color Picker or Wallpaper Blender launched from a sub-setting.
Download full Pack v3.33

Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 AM

Claw,

Love your Claw UI, sir! It adds much appreciated functionality and customization. I've only been using it for a week but I would not want to be without it anymore.

I have a few requests or suggestions... I hope you do not take offense.

Would it be possible to add an optional adjustment for the scroll bar width in the file browsers? It's sooooooooooo skinny and hard to hit by default, it would be great if the individual user could decide how wide they want it to be.

Also, could you add a "del" or back arrow key to the numerical input gadgets within your Claw UI preferences? Sometimes when entering numbers you make a mistake and you have no choice but to either abort or accept the wrong value and in either case, start over. A del key would be very helpful... you could put it right next to the big "ok" on the bottom.

Better yet, if you redesigned that numerical input gadget to more or less mimic a calculator layout, you could make the numbers larger (and easier to hit correctly) and it would be more logical for people used to computers to use it. The layout as it is now is very unusual...

so instead of 3 lines:

--ok--

I suggest 4 lines:

7 -8- 9
4 -5- 6
1 -2- 3
0 del ok

Anyway, thank you for all the time and effort you've already put into the UI. From what I've seen, it keeps getting better and better! Thanks!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 AM

so i have a earlier version of your UI, if i DL the 3.33 will i loose all my costome settings? and wallpapers?

thanks!!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

@jayteee
1. The keypad redesign will happen and I'll definitely add backspace to it. For now I just took the one Cowon used to enter Bluetooth PIN number. Also I plan to allow user to select from multiple keypad layouts - whatever they're more comfortable with. Not sure when this will happen.
2. Scrollbar width change is definitely possible - I will check on that.

@Kikhu - You never loose settings unless I introduced a bug in the code

Old 07-30-2009, 01:50 AM

awesome thanks!!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayteee View Post
Claw,

Would it be possible to add an optional adjustment for the scroll bar width in the file browsers? It's sooooooooooo skinny and hard to hit by default, it would be great if the individual user could decide how wide they want it to be.
Like this idea as the scroll bar is skinny and if Claw can do anything with this that would be great.....

Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - Patch v3.34

Note - this is the last update for next several weeks - I will not have access to Flash or the source code at the time - so if anyone has a problem - try to revert to an older version.

1. Bug Fix (reported by egrey1): Default values in the User Settings screen for Side B footer were incorrect.
  2. Bug Fix (Reported by RiverRat1) : Default value for Browser's Wallpaper Blender were set to 100/0, should be 0/100. Thats why the behavior was so weird. By default the browser's background is supposed to be completely gray.
  3. Per request (jayteee @ ABI): Change width of the browser scrollbar: Settings -> Browser -> Scrollbar Width. Default width is 25, but can be widened all the way to 40.
  4. Some minor performance improvements in the browser (mostly commonly known AS2 performance optimization techniques). It may improve scrolling speed but who knows ....
  5. Music -> Title Content options renamed from having Track in their names to 'Title' - to make it more consistent.
  6. Per request (ficklampa @ IA): Added Artist-Title option to 'Current Track Display' setting of Main Menu.
  7. Bug Fix (reported by lane32x @ IA): Large swipe area and track advance clips overlapped - shrunk swipe area slightly to fix it.
  8. Bug Fix: Sub-settings failed to return to proper page when using Color chooser.
  9. Bug Fix (reported by jselby): Fixed User Settings title change when accessing special menus (Playlist Manager, App Settings, CIM).
Download patch 3.34

Note that full install of v3.33 is required before the patch can be applied.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Once again Claw, thanks for all the hard work!!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 PM

YES, thank you Claw!! The latest update is excellent.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Per request (jayteee @ ABI): Change width of the browser scrollbar: Settings -> Browser -> Scrollbar Width. Default width is 25, but can be widened all the way to 40.
Thank you, Claw! Works great! 40 width is definitely better than 25! Is there any way to make the limit even wider than 40 or is that as wide as it can be? I would love 60 or even 80.

I found a bug in the browser color settings... on my S9, the browser favors the color set for the directory for both directories and files once you jump back to higher dir level... ie. if i have the dirs set to green and the files set to white, it will display all items in green once you go up a dir level in the browser.

Also, I have another request that I think many users would find useful and would increase the usability of the S9...

Is there any way to make it so that once you invoke the lock widget that the system will blank the screen after the timeout period (as it does right now) and then ignore all touches until I make, say a "W" or "3" swipe to then wake the player up?

Essentially I want it to behave as if I moved the hard lock switch without having to move that switch to either lock it or unlock it. The important part is that I want the screen to stay off to conserve battery until a specific finger swipe is registered. I don't know if this is possible or not, but the way the lock widget is now, I can't really use it because the screen comes on with every accidental touch or if it's in a pocket it just stays on. While I do use the hard lock switch, I hate using it because it's awkward to use it - you need to tilt the player and get your nail in there to move that switch either way. Any mistake and your S9 may go sailing out of your hand.

I realize that this may not be possible at all if the screen needs to be on in order for the system to read the touch screen... and even if it is possible, i would guess that the hard switch deactivates power to both the screen and the touch reader whereas I am asking for only the screen to stay off (meaning the touch reader would have to stay active (and using power) in order to wait for the special swipe). That's still better than both staying on and I would guess the screen would take far more power.

Any hope of this functionality?

Again, thanks for all your excellent work! I really think Cowon owes you a debt of gratitude as I know we who use your UI all do. Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Customize Music Flip Bar (both sides): Music -> Flip Bar -> Functions.
Excellent, that is a most useful function. I almost threw up a little in my mouth when I saw the tacky heart icon for the first time on my music screen, but soon realized I can get rid of it (and other features I don't use). Thanks a lot for that!

Old 08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

@jayteee: set color from 255/255/255 to 254/254/254 ... I introduced a bug when trying to improve the browser performance.
I will have to see if increasing the scrollbar further is possible.
Ignoring touches, etc - is nearly impossible through UCI once the screen goes dark, as Flash is suspended. So - I can ignore the touch but only after the screen comes on - which would be useless to you anyway.

@dfkt: I think its a bug - I should have disabled the heart if dynamic playlists are turned off, but its a consequence of doing this dynamic footer ... will fix soon.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:09 PM

Claw, thanks for another awesome release. Out of curiosity, did you stop shipping mainmenu2, or is that still available somewhere?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I stopped shipping it and instead embedded icons for both menu1 and menu2 into mainmenu1.swf. If you want 2, just copy mainmenu1.swf to mainmenu2.swf. The code will automatically detect it and switch the icon set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsully View Post
Claw, thanks for another awesome release. Out of curiosity, did you stop shipping mainmenu2, or is that still available somewhere?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 PM

Hi Claw!

You are so da man!

Would it be possible to display more of the tag info in the grey box (inverse of the album art) over and above the default poorly formatted four lines? I would love to see the year and comment fields, if possible. Maybe lose the eq field? You could even make the size of the grey box match the size of the large album art if you have that option turned on and easily display six lines of tag info if not more. Is this doable?

'nother bug in 3.33/3.34

music/album art/stop slide on same album - not working... album art slides on same album. btw, i'm using large art with the frame off

I know I've said it before, but I have got to tell you again sir, that I am so happy with your UI! It really adds so much great functionality to the stock S9. The font size/color choices, background choices, and all those other options you gave us (and now scroll gadget width ) are so fundamental that I cannot see using the S9 without all of this. With Claw UI you can take your S9 and make it truly your own. This has got to be a mandatory download! Keep up the great work! Thank you!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Not possible with current firmware - Cowon does not give us ability to access mp3 tags except the ones displayed in the tag info box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayteee View Post
Would it be possible to display more of the tag info in the grey box (inverse of the album art) over and above the default poorly formatted four lines? I would love to see the year and comment fields, if possible. Maybe lose the eq field? You could even make the size of the grey box match the size of the large album art if you have that option turned on and easily display six lines of tag info if not more. Is this doable?
Aware of that one ... it was a (failed) attempt to fix another bug.
Quote:
'nother bug in 3.33/3.34

music/album art/stop slide on same album - not working... album art slides on same album. btw, i'm using large art with the frame off

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists