android
Old 07-11-2009, 12:30 PM

Found A Bug:

When attempting to set a new wallpaper, sometimes the flip bar at the bottom of the screen will not flip at all (regardless of where i press) or it flips halfway which makes the buttons incredibly small. I have the most up to date version (patches as well) and i have already re-installed once.

Also

Is it possible to deleted icons from the main menu completely ? really annoying how many are bundled into the utilities folder when i dont use the playlist manager or the icon thing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEATY BUFFALO View Post
Found A Bug:

When attempting to set a new wallpaper, sometimes the flip bar at the bottom of the screen will not flip at all (regardless of where i press) or it flips halfway which makes the buttons incredibly small. I have the most up to date version (patches as well) and i have already re-installed once.

Also

Is it possible to deleted icons from the main menu completely ? really annoying how many are bundled into the utilities folder when i dont use the playlist manager or the icon thing.

Even with that l8est updates?..Cuz I was having that prob too at one point...but got fixed...didnt know it came bak..

Old 07-12-2009, 05:45 AM

Yeah its being a b****, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Turning it off and then on again normally fixes it. Its no biggy.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 AM

What a great bit of kit this UI is! Thanks Claw. It complements the S9 Superbly. I can't comment on the stock UI as I had this one downloaded and ready to go even before I got the S9. The flexibility is unreal and I haven't even messed around with themes, playlists, colours etc yet, not to mention the games.

Anyway, I was going to ask how you get rid unwanted icons in the main menu and in utilities but I read a few posts that this can't be done. Oh well, it's no biggie.

Just one more thing at the moment: Whilst customising the UI, I seem to have lost the track time/time remaining and the song no./total songs which were under the toggle bar at the bottom of the music screen. I had also lost the overlay, but the transparency was set to 0 so I upped that. The time stuff never came back though. Any ideas as to how I can get that information back on the screen?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.31b

This is a Beta release, and as such may not work reliably ... so be careful if you install it. I would suggest backing up the SOL folder before install.
  1. Nested folders. Now you can drag a folder into another one. No restrictions. Press return arrow repeatedly to go one level back. Feature is a bit experimental, so it may still have some bugs in it.
  2. New Icon Effect - Slide. Main menu slides from left to right,and folders slide from right to left. For now they all slide at once. There is still a bug there in which some folders don't slide ...
  3. Improved icon animation sligtly by delaying manipulation of icon labels until icons settle and removing alpha-controlled wallpaper if Blend is set to zero.
  4. Individually disable stock icons. They are not loaded into memory, nor are they searched for in theme folders: Settings -> Menu N -> Icon Settings -> Enable Stock Icons -> ... . The setting is not global - set it for individual Mainmenu's (you may have main menu 1 with just most used icons for performance, and main menu 2 with all icons if you need them at some point). Also, some icons are currently blocked from being hidden (Utilities, Settings, and User Settings).
  5. Standard clock (one I use in other widgets) is now displayed at the Pin login screen. Color settings for it will be added later.
  6. You can now set a wallpaper for the Login screen (if you have PIN enabled of course). To set it, go to Picture Browser, select an image, and assign a wallpaper as usual. At the bottom of the list of available screens you should see "PIN Login" as another option. Select it as you would any other screen and you're done. No timeline support at this point. If you want to remove the wallpaper, go to User Settings -> System -> Secure Login -> Remove PIN Wallpaper. Once this setting is set to Yes, standard black screen is displayed. Previous wallpaper is still remembered, and if you turn off this setting, the wallpaper will reappear. Assigning a new wallpaper will automatically turn this option off. Note that unlike main wallpapers, I do not scale or rotate this one, so make sure the wallpaper is relatively small and is set to proper size.
  7. Some settings have been grouped into sub-settings (with >>> symbol) ... this is still a prototype, and some settings have moved, and some others have not (affects Menu N, Music, and System). When I release final version, all settings will be re-grouped into logical categories. A special sub-menu row will be used - for now I am just reusing what's already there ...
Download Patch 3.31b

Old 07-20-2009, 09:27 PM

@Claw

I dont know wat happen when I downloaded it. But when I did and tried to go in and tweak the user setttings for the mainmenu_n, I only had 2 pages of settings to mess with. Is this normal or did I do somthing wrong?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I grouped some into sub-settings - so all Icon settings for example are under 'Icon Settings' item. Look for the menus with >>> in them, they will lead to more settings.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 PM

@Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
I grouped some into sub-settings - so all Icon settings for example are under 'Icon Settings' item. Look for the menus with >>> in them, they will lead to more settings.

Ok gave it a shot.----->Worked out nicely..

I like the you have it setup also. Not so many pages to have to look at which makes it nice and gives it a little bit more smoothness in a sense. It's goin to take some getting use too, but then again, when doesn't a CoWon product not take some getting use to.

By the way the picture viewer is doing he same thing it had done once before. After you zoom in and then move on to flip the bar, it does a wierd shrinking effect. I don't know if it is the firmware but I do recall you having this issue before and fixed it. It can be fixed with a simple reset, but it sucks when you want to add multiple wallpapers. Just an heads up when you go to fully implement the full version.

Also do you plan to give the option to be able to fully customize the login screen fully< ie...wallpaper alpha?...the clock color? wether not you want the clock to show? clock size?..stuff like that?

I know I am probably asking a whole lot, but you have spoiled us, what can I say.

Last edited by Luv4l; 07-20-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:02 PM

so if i want to load v3.30 on my S9, and its the first claw UI ive used, what patch do i need to put on first? and where do i download it, i dont see any links for the patches here

Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM

Lightbulb UCI feature request

@Claw: First of all i'd like to thank you for all your work on the S9 UCI. That said I have two requests to ask from you. The first is a UCI feature request for your next release. I am a heavy user of the bluetooth on the S9. Primarily in my car and home. I will like to have a button on the music screen to connect to the first BT device (not just enable/disable) if no device is currently connected. Optionally, this could be configurable by setting a default BT device that the BT button controls. Idealy, I will like the BT icon on the top of the screen to serve this purpose so that the feature will be available in the other modes (video, browser, mainmenu, etc) as well.

I am a C/C++ programmer myself and will like to take a shot at implementing this. I browsed through cowon's FSCommand guide and I see all the functions that I could use to implement this and Cowon's sample script isnt too scary either. My second request to you (and other S9 flash developers) is: besides the adobe products which are not free, are there any other free apps/IDE/SDK that i can use? which ones do you use to develop/test your flash UCI? thanks

Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 AM

@dangerwildman
Download the full install version of Claw's (wallpaper) UI first.
( http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...pack_v3.30.zip )
This is really version 3.30.2, technically. And this is the version I am using since it is stable.

After that, then you can extract any new patch files right into the system/Flash UI directory and overwrite those files with the patched files.
...that make sense?
the newest BETA (not necessariliy stable) release is here:
http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...&postcount=262
and this is the patch i was talking about. if you have 3.30.2 files on your s9, you can just put these files into your FlashUI folder and you will then have the newest release...but i'm not using them yet.

Or Sennheiser PX100 (for portable amazement)

Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've noticed something a bit strange with Claw UI 3.31b (running firmware 2.31b2), concerning the album art. My album art display is set to large, no border, the album art is embedded in all files. MP3s are tagged with Tag&Rename.

When album art is displayed properly on one track of the album and I skip to the next track, there's a 1-2px thin line at the left border of the album art. Skipping again to the next track of the album, and the same album art is displayed properly. Skipping again, and there's the thin line again. It's always alternating - but it doesn't happen with all albums.

It's always the same embedded album art image per album, but somehow the music screen displays it alternatively with a thin white line that shouldn't be there - or the correct way it should be displayed.

This does not happen on all albums, but on many. Maybe it has to do with the slide left/right settings of the UI?

I could provide MP3s that show this behavior, if needed.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Default Claw's UCI Colored menu

Hi,
I feel as if I have missed something. Where is the colored menu (once mainmenu2) on the new updates in Claw's UCI?
Am I doing something wrong? (maybe its available now as an icon pack to the grayscale menu?)

tnx,
Shbitzik

Old 07-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

@dkft - The album switch is done via two alternating panels (thats what allows them to slide). When panel 1 moves out, panel 2 is put in its place, then panel 1 again. What you're describing seems very much like one of the panels is not fully aligned - I'll check it out.

@Shbitzik - I no longer distribute mainmenu2, as both menu1 and 2 have same functionality and same icons in my UCI. You can do one of two things:
1. If you want both menus, copy mainmenu1.swf to mainmenu2.swf - it will detect that its running as #2 and will switch to colored icons.
2. If you only want the colored icons, change the Icon Set setting in Menu 1 (User Settings -> Menu N -> Icon Set) to Menu 2's colored icons. If you're using 3.31 beta, the menu path is different (User Settings -> Menu N -> Icons -> Icon Set).

Old 07-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thank you very much, Claw... cheers for "gapless" album art, befitting the new firmware.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:31 PM

First of all, chalk up another thanks, Claw. This is a brilliant UCI!

I have a question though: is it possible with this UCI to hide any of the icons on the main matrix menu layout, or to redeploy them into the utilities section? There are some icons I never/rarely use so I was just wondering if there was a way to minimise the clutter. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been covered before, I don't have time to read through the whole thread.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Certainly, you just drag'n'drop the icons from the main menu onto the utilities icon. They'll appear in there. If you want them back on the main screen, you drag them onto the upwards arrow icon in the utilities screen.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 PM

Wow, I didn't think of that. Silly. Thanks dfkt!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:00 AM

I haven't tested it personally yet but with the newest version you can disable each of the default icons separately. You don't have to "hide" them.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:06 AM

just a small question.

Right now i have claw 3.26 and firmware 2.31b2.
How do i update to the newest claw?

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists