android
Old 07-03-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Will this work with the v2.30 firmware or is the latest v2.31 beta required for this?
I think it isn't required but recommended though, because otherwise you would have a typist icon leading to nothing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch v3.30.1

Quick fix for folders with custom Theme images not allowing icons to be dropped there - the drop trigger was missing from an icon holder for some reason.

You only need the patch if you already installed 3.30 ...
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ch_v3.30.1.zip

Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Just wondering how many people notice an icon label not lined up correctly in the newest updates. I thought it was only for the playlist icon, but found out that on my player, it is the 9th icon, no matter what icon is in that spot. It's a weird little bug I can't figure out and don't know if it's only on mine. I noticed it's not just the crystal theme, it's any theme. That 9th spot is the icon where the label is too low and I have 12 icons. Maybe I'm the only one who wants all the labels lined up perfectly right below their icons. Sorry if I'm being too picky, but if a UCI is 99.9% perfect, I'm itching for that 100%.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Same here, for me it was always the "Settings" icon on the menu 1 screen - but when opening the menu on my computer's Flash player, the font is correctly aligned. Seems to be a bug with how the S9 interprets the file, since it seems to be correct on the PC.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Thats actually why it hasn't been fixed yet ... in the PC the fonts align fine ... and I haven't found that magical alignment that gets everything perfect yet. Of course - I turn labels off - so I don't even notice it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Same here, for me it was always the "Settings" icon on the menu 1 screen - but when opening the menu on my computer's Flash player, the font is correctly aligned. Seems to be a bug with how the S9 interprets the file, since it seems to be correct on the PC.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 PM

i found a small bug of sorts claw in your latest release. When I set "playinfo touch" to "hide overlays", it works as you would expect it - when you touch it the first time, the overlay hides itself, and when you press the playinfo area again, the overlay reappears. Now the thing is when you exit from the music menu, say to the browser or the mainmenu, and then re-enter the music menu, the overlay is hidden (regardless of its status when you exit the music menu). I checked my "hide overlay on start" option to see if that was the problem, but it was set to "no", so... =S

Old 07-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch - v3.30.2

1 - Slight improvement to quality of Lock Icons images.
2 - Fixed a bug with Music UI overlay hiding not working correctly when leaving music ui then coming back (thanks justam).
3 - Yet another attempt to fix the icon label mis-alignment - let me know if you still see it.
4 - Fixed a bug that was not properly tracking Main menu overlays when switching between menu1 and menu2 (if both are from Wallpaper UI).

Download Patch

Old 07-09-2009, 01:37 AM

would downloading these patches, mean that i would have to redo all of my settings/wallpapers/moving icons? Also can you delete icons that you dont use? Cause i have a CLUTTERD utlilties folder...

Thanks,

Btw, this is my first time trying ur UI, ive had the S9 for a while but was using a diff UI, good job CLAW, lots of great manouverability, though it took me a while to get everything set up.

Kikhu

Old 07-09-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhu View Post
would downloading these patches, mean that i would have to redo all of my settings/wallpapers/moving icons? Also can you delete icons that you dont use? Cause i have a CLUTTERD utlilties folder...
Kikhu
You don't have to redo all your settings because your customized settings are saved in the SOL folder (including wallpapers and icon positions).

You can only delete icons you have created, not the default ones. But there would be some kinds of detour by using folders. You could create a folder for your setting/system tools (settings, user settings, icon manager, playlists, bluetooth) and move these tools there. Should save some place in the utilities folder. Same could be done for all audio tools (audio, radio, recorder) or browser tools (pictures, documents, browser, flash).
Or another way would be to create a "trash" folder where you move all your unwanted icons. You could create an icon file without an image (just transparent background) and hide your icon labels, this way it would even be hidden (though still accessible).

Last edited by newone; 07-09-2009 at 02:58 AM.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:59 PM

hi.
When I place the original package's files in my "flash UI" folder and turn my device on, there is no change to the device and then my s9 goes black. When I turn it on again there is just a blank grayscale screen.
HELP PLEASE!

Old 07-09-2009, 03:19 PM

OH ok Newone, so i can create a folder in the utilities folder? or what? then how do you do what you were saying, yeah im new to CLAWS UI so, yeah....lolz

Old 07-09-2009, 03:24 PM

Hi @ all, especially Claw!

Maybe you're already bored from all the praise, but despite I want to thank you for your great work. You turned a good sounding but average player into a device comparable to Rockbox!

I love your new function to force a certain volume at start. This feature allows me to connect my S9 to my sound system, falling asleep while hearing quiet music (device shut down then with sleep timer). Next day my S9 wakes me up with louder music through the forced volume start level. (alarm function).

But is there a possibility to load a certain title or even better a playlist after start? Of course, the S9 could resume the last played song, but this is usually "slow" music when I go to bed. So I would wake up with slow music, too, because I can't specify the title which the S9 should play at starting again.

It would be very nice if someone has a solution or even Claw could implement this feature.

Thanks for your attention!

Kind regards Lupus

Old 07-09-2009, 06:33 PM

Two thumbs up!! I'm in heaven now. I love the newest update. All labels are lined up perfectly. Now it's ONE PERFECT UCI !!! I couldn't ask for more. Thanks Claw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 AM

thanks claw!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyt95 View Post
hi.
When I place the original package's files in my "flash UI" folder and turn my device on, there is no change to the device and then my s9 goes black. When I turn it on again there is just a blank grayscale screen.
Are you sure you downloaded the pack 3.30 and not only the latest patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikhu View Post
OH ok Newone, so i can create a folder in the utilities folder? or what? then how do you do what you were saying, yeah im new to CLAWS UI so, yeah....lolz
The problem is that the folder depth is limited to 1, so you can only create folders for the main menu screen and not inside another folder. That's why I mentioned the "hidden" folder detour. Please have a look at the guide for Claws UI for a tutorial of usage of custom icons (it will explain how to create a folder as well).

Last edited by newone; 07-10-2009 at 03:02 AM.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

That 1-level folder limitation is temporary ... I need to get some free time to get the full implementation finished.

This is essentially like building a filesystem ...

@Lupus - that is a very interesting idea - default playlist - it may be easier to implement it with dynamic playlists (lets say you create one just for morning wakeup) and when S9 starts it will auto-activate that playlist ... hmm ... I think its possible - need to think ...

Old 07-10-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone View Post
Are you sure you downloaded the pack 3.30 and not only the latest patch?
Yes positive

Old 07-10-2009, 02:26 PM

@Andyt95:

Well, I can't think of anyone who reported this kind of problem yet. There was a problem with the icon drop mode in an earlier version, but this would show the normal menu just without the icons and not only grayscale. This sounds more like a hardware issue to me but I may be wrong. Are you using windows or another system (just asking because there are some issues with mac and linux)?

Well I think it will only help if you do a reinstall. First delete all files within the Flash UI folder (not the folder itself). Restart and let it boot to see if you still have the same problem. If not, check the USB mode your S9 is set to (I don't know if this can cause this issue, but set it to MSC at first, can be found in your default system settings of the S9). Then try to install again. Please re-download the files at the first page of the thread and if possible not with Internet Explorer since it might corrupt the download.

Make sure you test the UCI in the right theme menu (selected by the dots on the bottom of the main menu; if you just copy the files in the package, Claw's UCI will be at the first slot, the white dots, mainmenu1).

If it doesn't work, I'd think there would be something wrong with your S9. Do a reset and if this doesn't help try a format like described in your Cowon user manual. You could try to reinstall your firmware as well. But as I mentioned above, I haven't heard of this issue, so this is just the logical order I would try out to solve the problem.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:28 AM

@newone,I am on linux at the moment because the windows partition has obtained viruses so I am formatting the disk from my linux partition.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyt95 View Post
@newone,I am on linux at the moment because the windows partition has obtained viruses so I am formatting the disk from my linux partition.
I am quite sure there are some issues while using the S9 with linux (as mentioned above) but I am no expert with this topic since I don't use it. Please have a look at this thread though I am not sure if it helps:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=44106

I fear the worst ... though there might be help.

Last edited by newone; 07-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists