android
Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 PM

On the latest update, the typist application doesn't work. Whenever I open it, I get a black screen and have to restart my S9.

And the icon labels are ALMOST perfect. Oh so close!! The playlist manager icon label is too low. It's probably one and a half lines below the icon.
I can live with the small flaw, if I can even call it a flaw, but I thought I'd mention it. And it's only a problem when I use Crystal's theme.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

You need to upgrade to the new firmware - x.31b - or later. If you are not upgrading yet, just ignore this icon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29 View Post
On the latest update, the typist application doesn't work. Whenever I open it, I get a black screen and have to restart my S9.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:06 PM

I thought that firmware upgrade was only in Korean. I went to Cowon.com and there is no new upgrade.
Is that upgrade gonna work for me in English?

Old 06-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Yes it will. Get 1.31b and you'll be fine - just ignore the dictionary icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29 View Post
I thought that firmware upgrade was only in Korean. I went to Cowon.com and there is no new upgrade.
Is that upgrade gonna work for me in English?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:26 AM

2.31b is published.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 PM

Default more please!

This is great!! A forest or mountain transition theme would be very nice. Thanks for this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da1writer View Post
Well it looks like it works, Transitions to it's proper time like it's suppose to. When the time comes though, it's merely black until you go to another screen (ie move from main menu to widgets and then back) or go IN and OUT of sleep mode. Not really a complaint, still is pretty cool, hopefully a fade will come later !

Since no one has posted a REAL Transition wallpaper pack yet (merely just day and night wallpapers, not transitioning day to night wallpapers), I guess I'll be the first. Only a few know this but I actually use to live in Hawaii, so I tried my hardest to find beach time transitions that remind me of where I use to live. I found six that go from early morning(4AM) /sunrise(8AM) /Afternoon (12PM) /Sunset(4PM) /Night(8PM) /Midnight(12AM). It's pretty cool, If you guys like it alot, I MAY make another pack (probably will be mountains or forest). Let me know what you guys think with a Thanks and/or comment ! This pack is merely up to compliment Claw's great work with the Time Elapse function included in his newly updated Wallpaper UI.

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vt0jzzdmgom

For those who want to see the transitions, merely play with the clock in the S9 by setting it 2 minutes before each transition (aka to see 8pm Wallpaper, set S9's time to 7:58pm).

Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM

Default trouble installing wallpaper (claw) UI

I am having trouble getting the claw UI to work. I have extracted and copied v.3.27, v.3.28 and v3.29 (in order) into the S9:\System\Flash UI folder of the device, but with no effect. When I power up the device I don't see an additional theme icon at the bottome of the menu screen. I have firmware v2.30. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 PM

Default nevermind

Nevermind...I got it. It seems to have worked after reinstalling, this time beginning with v3.26 and following with the other versions/patches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwwright74 View Post
I am having trouble getting the claw UI to work. I have extracted and copied v.3.27, v.3.28 and v3.29 (in order) into the S9:\System\Flash UI folder of the device, but with no effect. When I power up the device I don't see an additional theme icon at the bottome of the menu screen. I have firmware v2.30. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 PM

i have two questions both relating to font.

1. How do you install a user font

2. Is there a way to make the icon labels more opaque? (Music, Video, etc) Because i have changed the colors alot, but i find that many are still hard to read. Not a big problem since i can figure out which is which haha.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:11 PM

I love the new update 3.29 a lot, but I decided to copy the mainmenu1 file from version 3.26 so I could use that main menu instead of the newest one. This way I like how the icons and labels are lined up perfectly and then I get the latest updates on the music menu etc.

But my question is this: Now that I have the ver 3.26 mainmenu1, is there any way to get the typist application back. I don't understand why it's gone now since I upgraded the main firmware. How do I access the typist application now?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

tenispal7:
1 - user fonts are installed using Cowon's original settings. I think there are instructions somewhere - has nothing to do with the UCI.
2 - Two ways: Settings -> Menu N -> Icon Label Alpha (page 2). Set it to a number up to 100. You can also increase font size slightly by 1 or 2 points - which would also improve readability.

@tropez29 - You can add it as a custom icon which calls Typist.swf app.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:02 PM

ahh, ok.. THANKS a lot!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:51 PM

for the fonts, first of all, you need to use it in a .TTF format...

Choose the font you want, then place it in (letter):\cowon s9\system.

Finally name it USER.TTF

Change the option in the settings and that's it!

Should work!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:59 PM

Thanks claw. Does this mean I can only have 1 user font?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 AM

yes...

But maybe claw can change that???

But I'm not sure, I think i'ts a firmware settings...

Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 AM

Claw/ Any1,

is there a way to change the background on the Lockplayer screen?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:54 PM

yeah having a font book would be cool. Having only one makes it hard to see what they actually look like (alot of plugging and unplugging).

Old 07-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

@Luv4L - custom background for the lock screen widget will get there eventually.
@tenispal7, @redblade - Flash cannot install external fonts, either they are embedded (which is not a great way to do it) or the font is installed via Firmware. As far as I know, it is not possible for flash to 'load' a user font.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.30

1. Added a workaround to allow entry of Underscore symbol when entering icon filenames - by automatically replacing a question mark with underscore: So 3?music.swf will be saved as 3_music.swf. This only works when entering flash file names or image names.
  2. When creating icons, two additional run modes are available, Music and Video. So if you're running something that must act as music ui or video ui, set this run mode. If you do so, it will activate appropriate wallpaper and will also allow the Browser to function properly. There are certain UI's whose type needs to be 'known' to the rest of the system for it to work properly. uM and uV tags will be displayed accordingly in the CIM. The setting also allows that music/video UCI to be properly resumed you have last screen resume enabled.
  3. Allow custom icons to automatically follow Icon Themes. To do so,
    1. Create custom icon as you normally would.
    2. Enter an icon image filename that you would expect to load.
    3. Make sure that 'Allow Icon Themes' setting of the icon is set to Yes (default).
    4. Place various icon images into each Theme folder, all with same filename entered in step 2.

If icon is not found in Themes, it will be loaded from default location. Note that icon preview in the CIM will only show the image in default location.

If you do not want the image to ever be changed based on theme, turn off 'Allow Icon Themes' setting. This may speed up icon load a little.
  4. System -> Force Start Volume: Instead of reducing volume on start, set a fixed volume. When you activate it, set actual volume using System -> Start Volume setting next to it. You cannot use the Reduce and Force settings at the same time ...
  5. Due to numerous requests, Playlist Manager icon renamed to Playlists. Toggle Bluetooth icon renamed to Bluetooth.
  6. Made it harder to drop an icon into a folder by shrinking the sensitive zone in the folder icon to a center spot (instead of entire icon).
  7. The icon lock image was completely replaced - I didn't like the old one. And - it now has three modes:

All Locked
    All Unlocked

Folder Locked

First two settings are the same as before, and last setting deactivates folder drop. You can still move icons around, but they cannot move in and our of folders. Tap the icon repeatedly to change modes. If you do not use the Lock Icon, you can change the settings in Menu N -> Lock Icons - which was modified from Yes/No to "All Unlocked", "All Locked", and "Folder Locked". You may have to reset your setting since conversion from a Boolean may not work properly.
  8. Fixed the weird popup of Pin-entry keypad in Lock Screen widget (download it separately) and in the User Settings. It was actually related to a new object created by Typist application, which had same object name as the Keypad and interfered with it. I ended up renaming mine.
Download full install of v3.30

Old 07-03-2009, 04:33 AM

Will this work with the v2.30 firmware or is the latest v2.31 beta required for this?

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists