android
Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Redneck Moderator

Here's one: Would it be possible to make it so the volume buttons don't do anything while on hold? I would like play/pause and skip to continue to function, but not the volume. Reason being, the S9's buttons are easily pressed while in my pocket, and I don't want to damage my headphones or my ears by the volume getting turned up to loud on accident. If not being able to turn them off, then making it so you can pick the max volume level? And thanks for all your hard work Claw, you really make the S9 rock.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-22-2009, 11:06 AM

thanks.
I'm gonna resize my pics, too.
It's awesome that your UCI shows large album art. And it was pretty disappointing that Cowon's was that small!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch - v3.28 (Make sure 3.27 is already installed).
  1. Bug Fix: Playlist Activation popup in the Music UI screwed up playlist track count when using Up Arrow ...
  2. Per Request: New functions added to Music -> PlayInfo Touch Function:
    1. Play/Pause
    2. Quicklist: opens/closes Quicklist. With this setting, the Quicklist is actually completely hidden unless its unrolled using this function.
  3. Per Request: New function Added to Music -> Album Art Touch function:
    1. Qucklist (same as function in #2).
  4. Moved Music -> Album Art Touch Function setting to be next to Music -> Playinfo Touch Function (page 3) since both settings are related.
  5. Improved 'Remove Tracks' special function in the Playlist Manager.
  6. Bug Fix: User Settings page incorrectly showed default theme value as 0 instead of None.
  7. Per request: If 'Music -> Hide Album Frame' is not active, a frame will now be displayed even for large album art. If you want to remove the frame, alter this setting. Note that large album art is still 272x272, and the frame is just set on top - to hide any uneven edges, etc.
  8. You can now set transparency of the album's frame (100 - completely opaque, 0 - completely transparent). Music -> Album Frame Alpha [page 3]. Not sure how useful that effect is ...
  9. Added ability for Icon Theme to have its own wallpaper. The wallpaper is stored in icon theme's directory, and is named "mainmenu_bg.jpg". A new Setting allows activating or deactivating theme wallpaper (like it does on Sony Ericsson cellphones): Menu N -> Use Theme Wallpaper [page 3], and it is set to Yes by default (disable in each Main Menu to improve startup performance a tiny bit if you do not intend to use themed wallpapers).
    • If the setting is activated but wallpaper could not load, S9 will default to the original wallpaper setup so it isn't necessary to have a .jpg file there. Wallpaper timeline is suspended for that one screen if theme wallpaper is activated and is loaded successfully.
    • If you assign a wallpaper using Picture Viewer, it will accept and store a new wallpaper, just won't use it (though Timeline preview will still show it).
Note that if either #2 or #3 is set to Quicklists, 'Disable Quicklists' setting is ignored, though Quicklist is hidden. If neither option is set to quicklists, and disable quicklist is activated, then it is completely unloaded from the UI freeing up some memory.

Download Patch 3.28

Last edited by Claw; 06-22-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:37 PM

I can't wait to get home from work today to try out this new version. Thanks a lot CLAW. Looks like a great update!!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:01 AM

after I updated to 3.28, I noticed the icon labels were still out of line. So I tried to go back v3.26, but I hadn't saved it on my pc. And when I try to download it from this site, it says it's been removed from the server. Is there anywhere I can download update 3.26?
3.26 was the last version where my icons were flawless on the main menu.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29 View Post
Is there anywhere I can download update 3.26?
3.26 was the last version where my icons were flawless on the main menu.
Here you go - http://rapidshare.com/files/24813563...pack_v3.26.zip
If Claw as any objections to sharing this in this manner, I'll kill this download immediately.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM

Thumb Up

Thanks very much. I appreciate it!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:46 PM

Can we have, in the album art tap function, the ability to zoom the album art?

Thanks Claw for your awesome job!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

@Syndrome - Once s9 is on hold, it is controlled by Firmware, not by Flash, so it is not possible to do any coding changes.
@amit - no problem - I removed it from my hosting site to free up disk space.
@tropez29 - can you get me a screenshot of this?
@Redblade - do you mean to toggle between small and large album art?

Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
@amit - no problem - I removed it from my hosting site to free up disk space.
ah ok, from now on you can then perhaps upload on Rapidshare so the uploads won't take your hosting space & bandwidth & you won't have to delete them afterwards!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Not a fan of rapidshare ... just good for an occasional post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
ah ok, from now on you can then perhaps upload on Rapidshare so the uploads won't take your hosting space & bandwidth & you won't have to delete them afterwards!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:56 AM

Claw, I'm at work now so I can't take a screenshot of the S9 main menu, but tonight if I have time I'll try if you want.

I'll try to describe: On mainmenu1, with version 3.27 and .28, the "settings" icon has the label 3 lines below the icon. So it's actually below the taskbar line at the bottom. When I go into utilities, the playlist manager has the label 3 lines below the icon. I'm estimated that it is 3 lines, it may be 2 lines below. Also the labels totally dissappear inside the utilities folder except for playlist manager. But then when I touch anything, the labels come back.

Then I dragged the playlist manager icon and the user settings icon into the main menu so I could have 12 icons on my mainmenu1. On the main menu the icon labels of 3 icons are too low (playlist manager, settings, and user settings). This is the case with both Crystal theme and stock theme. I'm surprised I'm the only one who mentioned this, I'm wondering if it's only mine. That's why last night I deleted the entire Flash UI folder from my S9 and started all over with version 3.26 (this time without the brightness widget and lockscreen widget). It's good right now, but I'll try version 3.27 and .28 tonight.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
@Redblade - do you mean to toggle between small and large album art?
Yes

Old 06-25-2009, 03:33 PM

To upload your files, I recommend Mediafire.com - they're free, fast, and have no delay between downloads or wait before a download. You can also register a free account and just give a link to the folder they're all in rather than having to make a new link every time you release a new version/patch.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Claw, there's a minuscule graphical glitch in the latest versions - the font of the "settings" icon is lower than the other ones on the main menu.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 PM

^ I tried replacting that, couldn't, at least not using menu 1 icons

Old 06-26-2009, 06:22 PM

Claw,

Out of curiosity after playing with my S9 shake effects, I thought it would be cool, that when in music mode, when a person just wanted to shake things up, all a person would have to do is just shake their S9 up and down and it would randomly shake the order of the music folder, creating a random effect. I figure this would be a hard as hell process to create if at all possible. But just wondering if you had thought about it or would maybe give it a shot.

Also, I am having trouble using the icon theme. I have followed all the directions. I created the text file. The folder was created and when I got to the user settings--->page(3){but u have go to pg 5, but my settings only got up to page 4,[I think I could be missing an update somewhere]}-->icon theme-->& All I have as a option is none--I dont know where I am getting lost at. For the theme.text file I am not sure if I was to write somthing in the file or just create a blank file. I would appreciate help with this setup.

Last edited by Luv4l; 06-26-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 PM

ok, i barely got my s9 and im tryign to dled the claws UI. and it seems the latest 3.28 asks for u to have the 3.27. am i suppose to just leave teh 3.27 files in the flashUI and than put in the 3.28 with it? and will it upload to 3.28? or am i just suppose to after update erase the 3.27 files and than put in the 3.28

1 more question: how do you get more themes on ur s9 . i seen people with like 3 themes on theirs as liek theme 1 2 3 and so on, how do u do taht if ur just dragging the files of the theme in the flash UI

Last edited by Hanguk; 06-26-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanguk View Post
ok, i barely got my s9 and im tryign to dled the claws UI. and it seems the latest 3.28 asks for u to have the 3.27. am i suppose to just leave teh 3.27 files in the flashUI and than put in the 3.28 with it? and will it upload to 3.28? or am i just suppose to after update erase the 3.27 files and than put in the 3.28

1 more question: how do you get more themes on ur s9 . i seen people with like 3 themes on theirs as liek theme 1 2 3 and so on, how do u do taht if ur just dragging the files of the theme in the flash UI
You have to install a full version for first install and then the patches. The patches contain modified files which will replace the old ones. Just overwrite them.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...855#post361855

Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch v3.29
Note - this is a patch. It requires full install of 3.27 and 3.28 first.

1. Previously, when wallpaper Alpha was set to a value other than Default Wallpaper Alpha, there was a visible flash as the wallpaper is first set to default value, then switched to specific screen's wallpaper. Wallpaper Manager has been tuned to set wallpaper Alpha before activating the screen, thus eliminating the flash. The new process is not executed however if Wallpaper Fade is turned on, because the change from Old Alpha -> Default Alpha -> New Alpha is what introduces the Fade effect.
  2. Fixed 'Remove Tracks' function once and for all ... I hope. The two special functions under 'Configure Playlist' do the following:
    1. Reset Playlist: Clears all settings (including name) but preserves the tracks.
    2. Remove Tracks: Removes the tracks but preserves all playlist settings.
  3. Set Font Size of Play Time / Total Time elements of Music UI: [page 5] Music -> Play Time Font Size, Music -> Total Time Font Size, Music -> Track Count Font Size. Default values are 13,13,12 ...
  4. Update to x.31b firmware:
    1. Typist utility
    2. Recognition of Norway DMB (whatever that is).
  5. Change color of the three rows in the Radio screen. Previous/Next channel: Radio -> Prev/Next Freq Color, and Current channel (the one in the middle): Radio -> Curr Freq Color. The setting affects the frequency number and Mhz text.
  6. Hard volume buttons now work in User Settings screen. Next/Prev hard buttons will also work when in Music is playing.
  7. Improved alignment of Icon labels in Main Menu.

Download Patch v3.29

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists