android
Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

If you turn on the setting, go to main menu, then go to utilities folder. Now shut off the S9.
When you turn it back on, you're back inside Utilities folder.
Also, if you run something from Utilities and then come back to main menu, you will actually return to utilities folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropez29 View Post
Can you explain number 3 please. I installed this update but I don't understand this feature. I don't know what you mean by "restore the stage" back to that folder. Maybe it's just too late at night for me to figure out, but I can't figure it out.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-18-2009, 02:57 PM

I'm just gonna post it again (I hope none minds.)

could you enabel "open quicklist" as an option for "playinfo touch function" ?
somehow I like the quicklist, but I hate how the button is covering part of my album covers...

and I think i found a bug: "custom seek bar color" doesn't really work

Old 06-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Hey Claw (or anyone else),

I might just be blind, but I was browsing for a "resume from pause" (or something to that effect) option on my S9 yesterday and could not find one (not necessarily in your UI, but in the regular system's either). I might no be catching something really simple when looking for it perhaps.

My issue is that the player doesn't resume from a paused position after auto- or even regular shutoff. It really sucks to be in my car running errands and have to hear the same song over and over again from the start if my jaunt from one place to another (from errand to errand) in the car is less than 4 minutes or whatever the length of the song is. Of course I could just skip, but that is besides the point.

Is there an option on the S9 to enable a 'resume from paused position in a track' after the player has shutoff for whatever reason (or even 'the position I manually shut the player off at' when leaving my car)? Video seems to do it just fine...

Thanks...

Old 06-18-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispjorn View Post
I might just be blind, but I was browsing for a "resume from pause" (or something to that effect) option on my S9 yesterday and could not find one
For system;
Settings -> Music -> Resume -> On

For Claw's;
Utilities -> User Settings -> System -> Auto-Play on Start
Utilities -> User Settings -> System -> Auto-Resume Last Screen

Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update v3.27

1. Set volume text color (not the image, just the number). It can be set globally (affects other compatible UCI's) in Settings -> System -> Header Volume Color. Main Menus and Music UI allow an override for global value for uniform appearance (Settings -> Menu N -> Header Volume Color and Settings -> Music -> Header Volume Color). Set the value to 204/204/204 (0xCCCCCC) to switch back to using global setting.
  2. Configure Icon Label's transparency (Settings -> Menu N -> Icon Label Alpha [page2]) and Icon Label's Font Size (Settings -> Menu N -> Icon Label Font Size [page2]).
  3. Fixed a bug in Grid display and Snap-to-Grid function when using default grid values.
  4. In version 3.26 the icon drop-in effect was accidentally replaced so all icons drop in at the same time. It is now changed back, however simultaneous drop (for anyone that likes the new effect) is available as well (Drop In At Once).
  5. For those not using the Music screen's Swipe UP/Down function to control volume, a new function is available - 'Lock Screen'. It will start the Lock Screen widget (it will run in Launcher mode, but it will run it from Widgets directory). Running it in 'widget' mode proved unrelible from Music screen so far. The setup is in Settings -> Music -> Swipe Up (or Down) Function).
  6. Fixed an annoying bug in activating DPL's in Music UI ...for anyone that tried to activate one and wrong DPL was enabled - or if nothing happened at that point.
  7. Per Request: Added Album Art touch functions, allowing redefining what happens when album art is tapped in the Music UI - Settings -> Music -> Album Art Tap Function (page 5). Changing from default blocks ability to see tag info of course - but its probably of little use anyway in most cases. Functions are:
    1. NONE - touch is ignored
    2. Tag Info - Shows MP3 Tag Info (default)
    3. Play/Pause - starts / Stops playback
    4. Hide Overlays - rolls in or out the header/footer overlays.
  8. Auto-Start Widgets: A new custom icon setting in the CIM allows for widgets to be auto-launched when main menu starts. This is an experimental feature, and comes with a little clock widget I extracted from Cowon's widget menu (so all credit for the UI and 6 lines of actual clock code goes to Cowon).

Use this one with care ... since it is an experiment, I have not decided if I am going to keep it or if it needs major enhancement to be useful. More info on this widget at the Claw UI Apps thread ...

AutoStart has two modes:
    - Always - the widget starts every time the menu starts.
    - On Startup - Widget starts once on boot.

To make sure you don't get stuck, for now the only widgets that can auto-start are the ones that do not have Lock Screen function set to yes.
    Due to some Flash restrictions, the widget is loaded ABOVE everything else on the main menu, including any popups (like Power/sleep) ... if the widget is blocking something, move it out of the way. When you move the widget around, you can lock it using the Lock Icons toggle. A running widget can be shut off by pressing the icon that started it (if icon is not accessible or if it does not have its own shutoff - press and hold Play button - each time you do it shuts off topmost widget).
  9. Fixed a bug where Dropzone highlight box would not always work when icon is moved over a folder.
  10. Settings -> Menu N -> Grid Size (x) and (y) renamed to Grid Columns and Grid Rows respectively and max Grid dimension changed to 20x20 .. of course if you're not careful, the icons will overlap.
Changes in Main Menu packaging - read carefully as this may affect your setup.
I am no longer distributing Menu 1 and Menu 2 ... since they are identical except for stock icons, its a waste of bandwidth and coding time to sync them. As such, I added static icons from menu 2 into menu 1. A new setting (Settings -> Menu N -> Stock Icons) allows selecting which iconset to use:
  • Current Number (default) -> Icons based on Firmware id.
  • Menu 1 -> Icons based on Menu 1 iconset.
  • Menu 2 -> Icons based on Menu 2 iconset.
This iconset will be used when a custom theme is set to None or a custom icon is missing. You may rename mainmenu1.swf to mainmenu2.swf or mainmenu3.swf, and use Menu 1-3 settings to configure. The setting number now depends on which menu it is. For example, if you rename mainmenu1.swf to mainmenu3.swf, then settings configured under User Settings -> Menu 3 are in effect (including Menu 3 wallpaper). If you still want both menus, just copy mainmenu1.swf to mainmenu2.swf ...

I hope this makes sense. I think its a much better setup than before - as the two menus really were identical.

Wallpaper UI v3.27 Download Link

Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 PM

Just tried v3.27, the coloured icons didn't appear, infact, nothing appeared on home screen. I had to delete the new UI files & put back the old ones to get the player back to functioning!

I'm using menu 2 with coloured icons!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

There is an issue with icon drop-in effect. If you for now switch to another icon effect, it should be ok.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
There is an issue with icon drop-in effect. If you for now switch to another icon effect, it should be ok.
But how will I switch to that? I don't see any icons on the homescreen when I use v3.27, so I can't go into user settings & change any settings for anything!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch - 3.27.1

Fixed issue with Icon Drop ...

However, there are still issues when label is attached to a custom folder - it sets folder's drop zone larger than it should be ... if you disable labels, you're ok ... if labels are activated and font size increased, the height of the folder icon is much larger - and thus its drop zone trigger.

Only download if you previously downloaded 3.27 ...
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/Cl...ch_v3.27.1.zip

Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 PM

I got my s9 yesterday, and today i just tryed to install your software, but 3.27 does not work at all for me. Nothing changes after install. I tryed a few times, so im sure! Anyway, i downloaded 3.26 and that one worked fine.

Just a few questions.

- When i update to a newer version of your software, will i lose the setting is made in the previous version?
- In the custom setting i found a few setting hat enable a few extra options for picture viewer, like a double tab to zoom in, but i cant get this to work.

There are amny other things i dont understand yet, but i gues i just have to try.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the software! keep those updates comming!
It seems to be a real improvement on the oritional 2.30 cowon software!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:39 PM

oh, and maybe anyone can tell me if there is a way to delete files like mp3's, pictures, and swf's, using the file browser?

Old 06-20-2009, 03:47 AM

3.27 no go for me either. No access point through utilities as before. 3.26 worked just fine

Old 06-20-2009, 11:04 AM

I'm having problems with the newest version 3.27.1. Before this one, all 12 icons lined up perfectly on my menu 1. Now the icon labels don't line up under the icon, but instead 2 or 3 lines below the actual icon. I've tried everything but, but can't get it right.

The Playlist Manager and User Settings are the most out of sync icon labels, maybe since they're longer names. But I also noticed that when I put these icons back in the utilities folder, then the Settings icon label moves way down below the Settings icon. Is this a bug in the new version, or can I fix it myself.

Also, I think it would be awesome to shorten the two word labels, like Playlist Manager, to just "Playlists".... and User Settings to "Claw" or something like that. Right now I have turned on the setting to hide the icon labels, but hopefully I can get the labels back lined up. THANKS and YOU ROCK!!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:34 PM

just some 2 random idea's i would love to see in a new update.

- Right now if there is a diffrence in the caps used in the names of the ID3 tags, you get 2 diffrent selections in the libary. Like if you have some tracks by Johnny Cash, but if some ID3 tags say "Johnny Cash, and some say "Johnny cash" you get 2 diffrent selections in the libaty. It would the libary wouldnt be caps sensitive.

- When playing music the album cover is showed. Its possible to drag it to the left or right to change track, and with wallpaper its possible to also make a setting for dragging the up and down. It would be great if it was possible to use those controlls to switch to another track from the same artist and/or album. This way you can put you whole archive on shuffle, and when you hear a artist that you would like to play another song from 1 simple drag will make that possible without taking the whole archive out of shuffle.

I have no idea if anything of this is possible, but i think it would be a huge improvement!

Old 06-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

That's loaded and sorted by the firmware - its not really possible to display them as one list (well I can display them, but they will not play as a single playlist).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKris View Post
just some 2 random idea's i would love to see in a new update.

- Right now if there is a diffrence in the caps used in the names of the ID3 tags, you get 2 diffrent selections in the libary. Like if you have some tracks by Johnny Cash, but if some ID3 tags say "Johnny Cash, and some say "Johnny cash" you get 2 diffrent selections in the libaty. It would the libary wouldnt be caps sensitive. When you're done listenning, press 'Last' to go back to your shuffle mode - though "last' sucks right now - its non-persistent - if you close music UI, you will loose the 'Last' option.
Check Settings -> Music -> Album/Artist Hotlinks. Its not great but it will accomplish what you're asking for. As a matter of fact, I mostly play All songs, on shuffle, and when I hear an album or artist I like, I use hotlinks. Its not possible to do it by genre, etc though.

Quote:
- When playing music the album cover is showed. Its possible to drag it to the left or right to change track, and with wallpaper its possible to also make a setting for dragging the up and down. It would be great if it was possible to use those controlls to switch to another track from the same artist and/or album. This way you can put you whole archive on shuffle, and when you hear a artist that you would like to play another song from 1 simple drag will make that possible without taking the whole archive out of shuffle.

I have no idea if anything of this is possible, but i think it would be a huge improvement!

@tropez29 - I did change behavior of labels to improve performance of the main menu. Before the labels were separate items that had to be moved and positioned in sync with the icons. I tried to embed them into the icon itself, this way eliminating all overhead of synchronizing positions every time an icon moves. Its not great as you pointed out, as it does skew things. I will be working on it.
Abbreviating some names is a good idea too ...

Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 AM

Thanks Claw. I just thought of another thing that would be nice.. if possible. You know how you enabled play/pause by touching the album art, it would be nice to enable play/pause by touching play info. Right now touching play info only has the option of hiding overlays.

The reason I'd like this is because I want to keep the option of seeing the mp3 file tag info when I press the album art, but I'd also like the option of pressing the play info to play/pause... instead of flipping the bar and pressing the play button. ........if possible.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:01 PM

could you also enable "open quicklist" as an alternative for touching playinfo?
I don't like how the quicklist button covers part of my album covers.

what is the maximum album cover size for your uci? is it 272x272 or 270x270 ?

thanks

Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 PM

It's 274x274. Claw said so in another thread. So I used Faststone Photo Resizer to resize all my cover.jpg to 274x274 and it looks perfect. No white lines under the album art or anything, just perfectly looking album arts.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

It was actually switched to 272x272 a while ago - but shrinking from 274 to 272 has no noticeable difference - so in practice it doesn't matter.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_XCI View Post
could you also enable "open quicklist" as an alternative for touching playinfo?
I don't like how the quicklist button covers part of my album covers.
Me neither, good idea.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists