android
Old 06-12-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenispal7 View Post
I figured it out. I had to click on the first 6 dots on the bottom instead of the third one.
So that is the first menu. Have you checked if you have the user settings in the second as well (the colored one)? You should have cause otherwise you still have only the patch version installed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-12-2009, 05:40 PM

yep its all good it works great. But now perhaps an even dumber question: how do i use my own custom wallpaper?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenispal7 View Post
how do i use my own custom wallpaper?
Open browser, browse to folder where you stored your wallpapers (on S9, ofcourse). Tap on the picture to open it, tap on right hand corner of the zoom bar at the bottom, it will flip & some icons will appear on a bar. There will be an icon of a box with an arrow coming out of it towards right, just tap on that & the picture is set as your wallpaper.

For more know how, I suggest reading the user's manual, its not too big & tells you in a quick way what icons do what & how to do specific stuff.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:52 PM

I have a question about Claw's UCI. Is there a way for me to change the icon labels for the playlist manager and user settings?

I'm loving Claw's UCI with the Crystal theme. On my main screen #1, I have the 12 icons I want lined up perfectly with a killer wallpaper. But I want the playlist manager icon labeled "playlists" and I want the user settings icon labeled "Claw's UCI", since there is already an icon labeled "settings".

Old 06-13-2009, 10:53 PM

I'd like the clock to have the same color... always. Could you create the option to change the its color for every part of the ui?

Oh...and when you're in the main menu and bluetooth is turned off...would it be possible for the song-title to use the entire space? (including the space where the bluetooth icon would be...)

thanks for working on this project! I love it!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Same color everywhere is a little difficult to do efficiently ... but I am looking at it.

Adjusting song title when BT is off is a great idea - I am going to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_XCI View Post
I'd like the clock to have the same color... always. Could you create the option to change the its color for every part of the ui?

Oh...and when you're in the main menu and bluetooth is turned off...would it be possible for the song-title to use the entire space? (including the space where the bluetooth icon would be...)

thanks for working on this project! I love it!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.26

Promoting the beta to a full release. Seems that its fairly stable and I can't yet find a way to increase performance ...

From the beta:
  1. Icon Themes - allows built-in icons to be replaced, and themes can be switched on the fly (see this post for instructions).
  2. Reworked Snap-To-Grid - it really never worked right before.
  3. When icons are being moved, gridlines will now be displayed by default. You can deactivate them in User Settings -> Menu N -> Show Gridlines

New stuff:
  1. Icon themes now enabled in Menu 2 as well.
  2. Allow deactivating the Selector Effect (a ripple when pressing buttons) in Main Menu (Settings -> Menu N -> Selection Effect). It can be se to 'None' or 'Ripple' (Default). There is a possibility of adding future effects ... one day.
  3. Remember last folder you were in (Settings -> Menu N -> Remember Last Folder). If enabled, any time you move in and our of folders, the system records it, and will restore the Stage back to that folder when Main Menu is reinitialized. This works even after you restart the device.
  4. Allow Header clock color to be set globally (this will affect other UCI's if they utilize standard Cowon header) - Settings -> System -> Header Clock Color. In order to allow main menus to have a custom look, they can still override global value when Settings -> Menu N -> Header Clock Color is set. To switch main menu to global color, set the value to 215/255/50 (default).
  5. Fixed a bug with disappearing icons (bug introduced in the beta) when icon overlaps a return arrow on another page.
  6. Fixed a bug where double-tap of an image does not scale it properly first time you do it. This is one of many issues with Picture viewer, and I think it will require major surgery to get Picture viewer to work as it should.
Download full v3.26 pack

Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 AM

Smile

Hi Claws, first of all thanks for all the great works you've done and I really enjoy your using UI.

I was wondering if its possible for you to do the following 2 features to become realities:
1. To start up (turn on) the S9 by using touch screen instead of using the power/hold button.
2. On your Lock Screen, is it possible to add the option of unlock the screen by maybe using the power/hold button or other buttons? Because I find using the touch screen to unlock it's a pain, also can an option to be added for the screen to be "turn off" once it's locked (meaning the screen won't appear when it's in pocket or whatever) to save battery.

Again, thank you for all hard work

Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Sorry - as far as I know neither is possible on the S9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzh82 View Post
Hi Claws, first of all thanks for all the great works you've done and I really enjoy your using UI.

I was wondering if its possible for you to do the following 2 features to become realities:
1. To start up (turn on) the S9 by using touch screen instead of using the power/hold button.
2. On your Lock Screen, is it possible to add the option of unlock the screen by maybe using the power/hold button or other buttons? Because I find using the touch screen to unlock it's a pain, also can an option to be added for the screen to be "turn off" once it's locked (meaning the screen won't appear when it's in pocket or whatever) to save battery.

Again, thank you for all hard work

Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM

CLAW, on #5 where you said a bug is fixed when icons disappear.. I like that bug, actually I don't think it's a bug. I like it because you can quickly put icons from the utilities page onto the main page. Like with the playlist manager, I just dragged it onto the return arrow, it disappeared, and showed up on the main screen. Does that mean this feature will no longer be there?

Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

No - it means that return arrow was active when on main page.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:53 PM

Sorry, my bad. I discovered that return arrow over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised when I found I could put your user_settings icon on the main page by dragging it onto the return arrow. I never knew that before :-) I wish there was a way that I could change the label name of "user_settings" to "Claw's UCI". Maybe there is a way, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:48 AM

thanks for the clock color changes! that's pretty awesome!

could you enabel "open quicklist" as an option for "playinfo touch function" ?
somehow I like the quicklist, but I hate how the button is covering part of my album covers...

and I think i found a bug: "custom seek bar color" doesn't really work

Old 06-16-2009, 06:10 PM

Got questions I can't seem to figure out with the guide.

1. Ok about the playlist manager, Would it be better for me to use it or since I only need like 1 or 2 playlist manager, just mtp the playlist over from winamp?

2. The playlists manager only works with the music theme assigned to claws uci (music1 to mainmenu1). Then If i had 2 other themes (puzzle or s curve) then the playlist wouldn't work in them right? So would the playlist from winamp be easier to use?

3. And Lets say I had claw as mainmenu1 and puzzle as mainmenu2. I know you can use claws independent settings for three different mainments to customize the wallpaper and stuff. But the puzzle has its own wallpaper settings. Which would take precedence?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznstriker92 View Post
Got questions I can't seem to figure out with the guide.

1. Ok about the playlist manager, Would it be better for me to use it or since I only need like 1 or 2 playlist manager, just mtp the playlist over from winamp?

2. The playlists manager only works with the music theme assigned to claws uci (music1 to mainmenu1). Then If i had 2 other themes (puzzle or s curve) then the playlist wouldn't work in them right? So would the playlist from winamp be easier to use?

3. And Lets say I had claw as mainmenu1 and puzzle as mainmenu2. I know you can use claws independent settings for three different mainments to customize the wallpaper and stuff. But the puzzle has its own wallpaper settings. Which would take precedence?
1. I don't know if I understand this question correct, but I think the criteria for the usage of the playlist manager would be more like: do you often edit your playlists and do you want to edit/use them on your pc/other player as well. If the answer is yes, than you might be happier with the MTP mode, but you could still try the MSC Playlisteditor if you want to stick to the MSC mode. With this tool you can edit your playlists comfortable on your pc.

If you just use up to 2 playlist it would be possible with all.

2. Since the playlist manager has been developed by Claw, it is mainly for usage in his music interface. The other themes could use this feature as well, but most of the other UCI developers don't support its usage. I would be happy to use the playlist manager in the Curve theme, but sadly I don't speak Korean and can't ask the creator to support the playlist manager.

So if you want to use playlist with these themes, you would either have to use MTP mode or a separate playlist manager (which works independent). I remember such a tool being in the apps section (though I am not sure).

3. The customizations of Claw's theme won't work on another theme unless it supports its usage. So the other theme would just use its own features.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 PM

Thanks Newone that cleared up a lot.
but here are my new questions

1. So if I used a lot of korean uci's which probably don't support claws settings then claws uci wouldn't be as useful, unless I just wanted to use it.

2. Im receiving my S9 on Thursday so I wouldn't know this but does claw have his own "music theme" in the music1 slot (to go along with his uci) or can I change it with another theme (like s9 cube)?

EDIT:

3. and in general, lets say I updated the S9 with the korean firmware, so the settings and everything would be in korean on the stock uci, but when I install custom uci's I'm guessing that w/e language they are in takes precedence?

Last edited by aznstriker92; 06-16-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznstriker92 View Post
1. So if I used a lot of korean uci's which probably don't support claws settings then claws uci wouldn't be as useful, unless I just wanted to use it.

2. Im receiving my S9 on Thursday so I wouldn't know this but does claw have his own "music theme" in the music1 slot (to go along with his uci) or can I change it with another theme (like s9 cube)?

EDIT:

3. and in general, lets say I updated the S9 with the korean firmware, so the settings and everything would be in korean on the stock uci, but when I install custom uci's I'm guessing that w/e language they are in takes precedence?
1. Well, you would have to choose between using the customizable default theme boosted with a lot of settings and features and some pretty nice interfaces which mainly change the optic.

2. Of course you can use another music screen with his UCI. In addition to Claw's I have the Curve music UI installed for one of the menus. Though the features and settings won't work here (as mentioned above).

As addition: With Claw's UCI you can use the "Theme Tracker" which allows you to install and use more than the two main themes so you would be able use as many as you like (complete UCI's including music UI's). You can change the music UI's for each theme seperately (including the two main themes).

3. I have no clue about the Korean fw.

Last edited by newone; 06-17-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:20 AM

claw, i have a suggestion about artist and album hotlinks. what you have going is good. but, if you've ever used any sony walkmans.... i feel that is a bit better.

explained; make the hotlinks so when you touch the hotlink, it doesn't just start playing, it continues to play what you were listening to with no interruption... instead when you touch the hotlink, it actually brings you to the list view of that album/artist.

ex; Currently playing: Disturbed, album: the sickness. i tap album, it brings me to browser view with a list of songs in that album, and i can select which song i want.
i tap artist, it brings me to the list that has [All Songs]/[album 1]/[album 2] etc.

any ideas?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 AM

Alright thanks, but does anybody know what language Claws UCI ends up with the Korean Firmware?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Update - v3.26

Promoting the beta to a full release. Seems that its fairly stable and I can't yet find a way to increase performance ...

From the beta:
  1. Icon Themes - allows built-in icons to be replaced, and themes can be switched on the fly (see this post for instructions).
  2. Reworked Snap-To-Grid - it really never worked right before.
  3. When icons are being moved, gridlines will now be displayed by default. You can deactivate them in User Settings -> Menu N -> Show Gridlines

New stuff:
  1. Icon themes now enabled in Menu 2 as well.
  2. Allow deactivating the Selector Effect (a ripple when pressing buttons) in Main Menu (Settings -> Menu N -> Selection Effect). It can be se to 'None' or 'Ripple' (Default). There is a possibility of adding future effects ... one day.
  3. Remember last folder you were in (Settings -> Menu N -> Remember Last Folder). If enabled, any time you move in and our of folders, the system records it, and will restore the Stage back to that folder when Main Menu is reinitialized. This works even after you restart the device.
  4. Allow Header clock color to be set globally (this will affect other UCI's if they utilize standard Cowon header) - Settings -> System -> Header Clock Color. In order to allow main menus to have a custom look, they can still override global value when Settings -> Menu N -> Header Clock Color is set. To switch main menu to global color, set the value to 215/255/50 (default).
  5. Fixed a bug with disappearing icons (bug introduced in the beta) when icon overlaps a return arrow on another page.
  6. Fixed a bug where double-tap of an image does not scale it properly first time you do it. This is one of many issues with Picture viewer, and I think it will require major surgery to get Picture viewer to work as it should.
Download full v3.26 pack
Can you explain number 3 please. I installed this update but I don't understand this feature. I don't know what you mean by "restore the stage" back to that folder. Maybe it's just too late at night for me to figure out, but I can't figure it out.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists