android
Old 06-01-2009, 09:07 AM

Thanks for the update ! I've a question regarding the background light. In the normal firmware options you can set how long the light is turned on before the displays shuts off. However, before it shuts off it is dimmed. Is there a way to make it dimmed longer? For example I want the light to be on for 5 seconds and the dimmed display for 30 seconds. I guess this is a firmware issue, but maybe there's a way to implement this in the UI?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Redneck Moderator

Thanks for all the hard work Claw, I was wondering if you could maybe make the shake to skip feature work while the player is locked? I'm not sure what all you can do or how much work it is, but just a suggestion if you want them.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:12 AM

Hey Claw, big fan of your UCI as u already know, but I just received my other 32GB S9 in the UPS; I got lost on the updates for your UCI. I was wondering if you could post the whole folder with the updates. I know you only post the smaller changes to save download time, but I would really appreciate it if you could load it all into one file. If it is not possible, could you tell me where to start and I will be able to install that patches after that. I would really appreciate it.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4l View Post
could you tell me where to start and I will be able to install that patches after that.
To get up to date, start with full pack 3.22, then overwrite with contents of patch 3.23 followed by patch 3.24.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

@MCQ - I don't think the dimmer delay is controllable.
@Syndrome - I think that defeats the point of lock screen - since its meant to only allow hard buttons to function (otherwise it can do things you don't want while in your pockets, for example, or attached to an armband). I'll look at adding it as a Setting though.
@Luv4l - I always post the 'base' install which has an entire package (the link is always there in the main post - i.e. Pack 3.22). I use name 'Pack' for a full package, and 'Patch' for a smaller one. I also refresh the pack every few installs - so probably by next version, I will release a new Pack.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 AM

Thanx Claw and TackyTiger

Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 AM

Claw, I see that your 3.24 update changelog indicates that the artwork resolution should be 272x272 now instead of 274x274. I previously went through and resized all of my embedded artwork to 274x274 - they still look perfect after this update though. Any idea what's going on?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

It should work fine. I used to overscan wallpapers by a few pixels (1 pixel in each direction) to ensure clean coverage. WIth 3.24, I changed location algorithm slightly to position the album art better, and the overscan became unnecessary. You can leave art at 274 - there should be no difference - we're talking about 2x2 pixels here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsully View Post
Claw, I see that your 3.24 update changelog indicates that the artwork resolution should be 272x272 now instead of 274x274. I previously went through and resized all of my embedded artwork to 274x274 - they still look perfect after this update though. Any idea what's going on?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:38 PM

Going in the other direction though, 272x272 looked horrible when the player was upscaling it. The only way to make it look good was to size it at 274x274.

Perhaps it's better at downscaling, but that doesn't strike me likely either since my default 600x600 art looked awful as well. Oh well, it works. I'll be quiet

Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM

Upscaling indeed looks bad, so I just deactivated it in the menu - but downscaling works quite nicely for most of my album art (usually between 300x300 to 600x600px).

Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 AM

pfff, it's just incredible what you have created.

I can't stop playing with the Cowon. I read most of this thread and also the usersguide. Still i'm not able to get wallpapers in the music/menu screen. I only get it in the start screen. I enabled the function in your menu and if i choose a picture I can choose where to store it. But than the field (music for example) stays black. Maby it's due to my poor english.....Please help

Old 06-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Take a look at post 215, i think this is what happened to you - i assume you're not browsing pictures in folder mode.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...&postcount=215

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijster112 View Post
pfff, it's just incredible what you have created.

I can't stop playing with the Cowon. I read most of this thread and also the usersguide. Still i'm not able to get wallpapers in the music/menu screen. I only get it in the start screen. I enabled the function in your menu and if i choose a picture I can choose where to store it. But than the field (music for example) stays black. Maby it's due to my poor english.....Please help

Old 06-04-2009, 01:30 PM

brljant!

thanks

Old 06-04-2009, 03:46 PM

Thank you Claw, a truly great work.

Is there a way to enable the feature Syndrome asked for but when the display is off and(/or) whatever the screen ?
shake seems to work only with the display on and on the music screen, it would be great if it could work everywhere and for everything even if the display if off
(radio, pictures for example)

Thanks

Old 06-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Impossible unless Cowon implements it. When the screen is off, Flash UI is suspended, and Cowon's firmware completely takes over. So there is no way to code for what happens then.
I am however adding shake to main screens and to radio screen ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
Thank you Claw, a truly great work.

Is there a way to enable the feature Syndrome asked for but when the display is off and(/or) whatever the screen ?
shake seems to work only with the display on and on the music screen, it would be great if it could work everywhere and for everything (radio for example)

Thanks

Old 06-04-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijster112 View Post
... I read most of this thread and also the usersguide. ...
Hmmm, I just wonder if the hint was to small?

Quote:
*** HINT: Be sure to do this in "Folder" mode, otherwise it won't work! ***

Old 06-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I think I am going to have to code for this - add a warning popup when assigning wallpapers - I just need to figure out if I can detect if I am in folder mode

Also I put a link to your thread in the original post, next to the download links ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone View Post
Hmmm, I just wonder if the hint was to small?

Old 06-04-2009, 03:57 PM

Just add it, no matter if the folder mode is used or not, just to make sure, LOL!

Oh and by the way, thanks for adding a link to the guide!

Last edited by newone; 06-04-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.25

This update is mostly about the Shake.

1. Global Shake Direction setting allows defining into which direction to shake for next activity (next track, next frequency, next picture) - User Settings -> System -> Shake Direction [Shake Left / Shake Right]
  2. Enabled Shake in Main Menu 1/2.
    • Since I don't yet have a toggle for it, it can be activated/deactivated in User Settings -> Menu N -> Enable Shake.
    • Shake controls both Music and Radio - depending on whichever one is currently active in the Main Menu.
    • Shake Direction for each mode is read directly from corresponding mode settings.
  3. Enabled Shake in the Radio UI.
    • Shake Toggle added to the Flip Bar (same icon as in Music UI).
    • Shake Direction can be changed in User Settings -> Radio -> Next Freq Shake [Shake Left / Shake Right / [Global] ]
    • [Global] uses value defined in item 1 above.
    • Shake works in Preset Tune and in regular Tune modes.
  4. Enabled Shake in Picture UI.
    • Shake Toggle crammed into the Flip Bar (any preference to just move it to User Settings???).
    • Shake Direction can be changed in User Settings -> Picture Viewer -> Next Picture Shake [Shake Left / Shake Right / [Global] ]
    • Shake only works in full-screen view of pictures - does not work in Slide Show.
    • Be careful because excessive shake will trigger rotation of the UI ... gets messy (I think that's why Cowon disabled ability to Pivot and Shake at the same time).
  5. Allow controlling color of Welcome Message if PIN Login is enabled - User Settings -> System -> Welcome Message Color
  6. Per request - Allow clearing of Favorites while in the Playlist Manager - User Settings -> Playlist Manager -> Global Settings -> Special Options -> Clear Favorites
  7. App Settings screen displays App's version when its settings are accessed.
  8. Fixed a bug in App registration with User Settings - as a symptom, it is possible that you may see two entries for Lock Screen widget in the App Manager. Delete first entry in that case ... it is possible that you loose the settings and have to reconfigure (the data was stored in the wrong place before). Alternatively, you can just leave both entries alone ...
  9. Fixed a bug where Radio navigation (next/prev) stops working in Main Menus after visiting Picture viewer.
Download full pack v3.25

Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 AM

Thanks!

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists