android
Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
I put that fix in. Cowon had the double-tap delay set to 150ms - so under most conditions you can't double-tap that quickly. I extended it to 250ms, which is a much more comfortable delay - so the two taps are picked up reliably. So if you were lucky and got the double-tap done in time, it worked fine before - however since timers are affected by frame-rate, slowing down of S9 would cause double-tap to be missed ... not pleasant.
It wouldn't even singletap before though. Just tapping trying to get the little blue arrow to point at the selected song would fail on ALL attempts on some albums, while on others it would just fine. Differences were very steady, maybe album art of length of song name had something to do with it.

Also, the little disk on the bottom left isn't spinning anymore. Is it supposed to?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Hmm - no its certainly supposed to be spinning when track is playing - I don't think I did anything bad to it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enn View Post
It wouldn't even singletap before though. Just tapping trying to get the little blue arrow to point at the selected song would fail on ALL attempts on some albums, while on others it would work all the time, or half of the time. Differences were very steady, maybe album art of length of song name had something to do with it.

Also, the little disk isn't spinning anymore. Is it supposed to do that?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Hmm - no its certainly supposed to be spinning when track is playing - I don't think I did anything bad to it ...
Oh, my bad. I was testing it while pausing, never knew it only animated while playing a track. I only have my s9 a couple o' days, sorry for making you worry there...

I do notice it takes a little while longer for touches to register after turning the s9 sideways. Even when the album art is loaded, it's not yet responsive. (Or maybe I'm just noticing how long it takes for the first time.)

Regardless, I'm glad it works as it does really. Thanks man.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Patch 3.23.1

I identified a bug (reported at IA forums) with disappearing wallpaper when not running in Timeline mode - it was related to failed attempt to optimize the launcher slightly and resulted in a variable not being cleared.

Also fixed improper display of Icon manager in the settings screen ...

Fixes were added to Patch 3.23, but you can download the fix separately.

Download Fix 3.23.1

Old 05-26-2009, 01:50 AM

Claw, I just want to say "thank you" for fixing the matrix coverflow song select issue and for all the amazing additions you have made to my S9, I now have a brilliant player

Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 AM

First I want to thank Claw very much for putting so much time and work into this and sharing it with others. That is not very common these days and should really be praised.

I just installed your interface, because I am quite new, but I think I found another issue with the wallpapers while not being in timeline mode. I tried to configure menu3 as my custom menu and menu1&2 should be untouched as much as possible (its my first tryout). So I set the wallpaper mode per screen, in menu3 I saved a wallpaper (settings 100/0) and in the other two I had no wallpaper (0/100).

Each menu seems to work as it should and is displayed fine, but if I switch from menu3 back to menu2, the wallpaper stays in the background while the menu is switching and in menu2 you can see it on the left side about a pixel or two width. If I switch from menu3 to menu1 it shows still in the background but after switching, menu1 covers it at least completely.

If I delete the wallpaper in menu1 and 2, its gone until I switch to the wallpapered menu and after that its back again like desribed before. If I start the player there is no problem until I switched to menu3.

Any idea what I did set up wrong?

Old 05-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Well, if you did not assign a wallpaper in Menu 1/2, then last wallpaper will be used for them (I am going add it as an option soon to hide last wallpaper in this case) - 'Per Screen' mode does not load/unload wallpapers (it would be too slow) so what it does it preloads them on boot (hence slower startup), then as you go into individual screens it just switches to proper wallpaper. If one is not assigned it does not switch to anything and stays in previous wallpaper ... if you clear it, it does reset current view - but clearing operation is different from switching (which has to be fast).

The gray background is supposed to cover the wallpaper completely at 0/100, but maybe it was not aligned - I'll check on that.

So ... you're not doing anything wrong.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 AM

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I just made a black picture to use as a dummy for the wallpaper in the two first menus (and trying to create one looking exactly like the grey background, cause with the black it looks like kind of a gap; if somebody knows how to copy the original background or its color setting I would be glad to hear about it!).

EDIT: Its me again with another question. Is it somehow possible to change all icons? I mean can I change the icons of the settings, video, hunter or even your icon manager for example. With a lot of "system" files it is possible to take the detour by using the applications of the flash ui folder (music.swf, radio.swf, ..., though I don't know if it would be recommended to do so). But all the files which aren't accessible through this folder (or otherwise) couldn't be targeted by the icon manager. The reason for asking is that I'd like to set all the icons to a similar style.

Another thing I am unsure about is the following issue. While listening to music for some time and the screen has gone off, if I then use the hardware buttons it will reactivate the screen first before starting the action. If I hit the pause button for example, first the screen activates, then the player stops. There is a short delay. Same to the volume and the fast forward/rewind buttons. I am quite sure, that with the standard ui the screen didn't revoke by using the hardware buttons, but even if its just about 2 days after I installed your ui, I already forgot (shame on me). Couldn't there be an option to use the hardware buttons without the screen revoking while in music mode?

Last edited by newone; 05-27-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM

hey Claw, I have a request. You know the widget icon you made from screen brightness? It'd be great if there can be another one for Audio L/R in system. I tweak that quite often and it'd be great if I can change it with one click. Thanks for all the work put into this UI.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Icon Themes would be nice ... I am exploring it. Basically it can be done fairly easily, but performance and memory usage could be an issue. Its probably the last major item I am reviewing to finish up version 3 of this UCI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone View Post
EDIT: Its me again with another question. Is it somehow possible to change all icons? I mean can I change the icons of the settings, video, hunter or even your icon manager for example.
As far as I know, the screen will always come on when you press hard buttons, unless you activate the Hold (and Hold is restricted to Touchscreen only). This is done outside of Flash, in the Firmware ...
Quote:
Another thing I am unsure about is the following issue. While listening to music for some time and the screen has gone off, if I then use the hardware buttons it will reactivate the screen first before starting the action. If I hit the pause button for example, first the screen activates, then the player stops. There is a short delay. Same to the volume and the fast forward/rewind buttons. I am quite sure, that with the standard ui the screen didn't revoke by using the hardware buttons, but even if its just about 2 days after I installed your ui, I already forgot (shame on me). Couldn't there be an option to use the hardware buttons without the screen revoking while in music mode?

Yea - I'll see ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point
hey Claw, I have a request. You know the widget icon you made from screen brightness? It'd be great if there can be another one for Audio L/R in system. I tweak that quite often and it'd be great if I can change it with one click. Thanks for all the work put into this UI.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 AM

Thanks a lot for your info! I really would appreciate Icon Themes but I don't know about the technical problems which come along with them. So I am keeping my fingers crossed for you finding a way to realize it.

Thanks a lot for your help again!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 03:37 PM

can someone post a video of claw's UI. please

Old 05-28-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8fan15 View Post
can someone post a video of claw's UI. please
Dang, I just ordered a camera monday, so it could be here by the end of the week, and if it is I'll make one.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:30 PM

hey Claw, I'm having some trouble with the wallpaper after uploading 2.30 final and your 3.23.1 patch at the same time earlier this week. Seems that if I use "Per Screen" for wallpaper mode all of the wallpaper for menu1, 2 and 3 stay as black background no matter which picture I choose or whether or not I have timeline or fade on. The other screens (music, browsing etc) are also all stuck on a black background. However my selected wallpaper appears again if I change the mode back to "default".
Just wanted to know if there were anything I should try to get wallpapers to show up again while in "per screen" mode, or did I miss someting obvious here

Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

When you upgrade firmware, it resets the Browser stage to show pictures all in one list when you browse them ... you need to browse pictures by folder before assigning wallpapers, so after a firmware update just need to reset ...

Open picture browser, keep pressing Arrow Up icon until you get to 'Library', then press 'Folders' then 'Pictures'. Now any image you select and assign as a wallpaper should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffed View Post
hey Claw, I'm having some trouble with the wallpaper after uploading 2.30 final and your 3.23.1 patch at the same time earlier this week. Seems that if I use "Per Screen" for wallpaper mode all of the wallpaper for menu1, 2 and 3 stay as black background no matter which picture I choose or whether or not I have timeline or fade on. The other screens (music, browsing etc) are also all stuck on a black background. However my selected wallpaper appears again if I change the mode back to "default".
Just wanted to know if there were anything I should try to get wallpapers to show up again while in "per screen" mode, or did I miss someting obvious here

Old 05-29-2009, 04:50 AM

Haha yeah I noticed the whole browser reseting thing, but wouldn't have dreamed it'd be this - guess it was a simple fix after all. Thanks a lot Claw

Old 05-30-2009, 04:23 AM

hi there,how do i change the default icons to custom?

Old 05-30-2009, 06:00 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

You cannot. What you CAN do is create new icons that call same .swf files (like music.swf for Music) - but Theme Tracker will not work in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanw View Post
hi there,how do i change the default icons to custom?

Old 05-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Default Update 3.24

Update v3.24

1. Bug Fix: Fixed lack of initial scrolling of Play Info in Music UI.
  2. Bug Fix: Allow custom icons with blank labels to show in the Custom Icon Manager.
  3. Bug Fix: Added 'Special Options' to Menu 3 settings.
  4. Per Request: Added an option not to expand album art to maximum size (if art is at 100x100, and large album art is turned on, this setting would allow album art to stay at 100x100) - User Settings -> Music -> Expand Album Art To Fit (on page 2). It is turned ON by default.
  5. Added ability for App Manager to support List type properties (needed for upcoming update to Lock Screen widget).
  6. Decreased 'User Settings' overhead of the Browser and Music UI - though it may not necessarily result in real performance gains (it should at least speed up return of Music UI from coverflow mode).
  7. Per Request: When Login on Startup is enabled, you can enter Welcome text (you can put your name there, etc). Name will scroll if it is longer than the screen width ... User Settings -> System -> Login Welcome Message
  8. To speed up album art loading and to reduce scaling issues, I disabled a 2pixel overscan of album art (272x272 was pushed to 274x274) ... seems like the need for that does not exist anymore. Would anyone find overscan a useful feature??? I could try to add it as a setting (i.e. overscan by 4 pixels), but dynamic overscan is a bit cumbersome.
  9. Bug Fix: Fixed incorrect resume mode when shutting off while in Text viewer.

Reminder - Menu 3 settings are for developers that would like to use the Settings screens - since I do not provide a mainmenu3.swf, changes made in that screen will not work unless another developer adds them. Pretty much the only thing that will work would be clearing the wallpaper.

Download Patch 3.24 here

Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 AM

Thx for the update. I just installed and so far it works very fine!

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists