android
Old 05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

What doesn't work? It doesn't run at all? Do you get a blank screen? What happens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by !"$%^&*( View Post
Hi
Nice work. A problem I have found is that the 'Hunter' game found in utilities doesn't seem to work. Is this anything to do with your pack or just as the firmware is only at beta stage?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Hey Claw,

So I've found a few app/games that I can create menu icons for that work, like the flip clock and the speed card game. However most don't. Am I just stuck to having to go to the flash folder? I just find the flash folder so disorganized as I can't have certain items in folders or such, they're just all listed together, games and apps... I'd rather either be able to make an icon and run any of the app/games from a folder I made on mainmenu using custom icons or be able to organize the flash folder a bit more... Is there any way to do either of these? (I'm already guessing that a lot of these games/apps aren't meant to run outside the flash folder, as they have no exit button built into the game/app). I've just been using the launcher command for them. Should I be doing it a different way?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.21

Since it fixes a lot of bugs, I am pushing it out sooner (sick of updates yet????)

Changes

1. Require a PIN to start S9 (see Pin Setting Instructions below).
  2. Per request: Set color of the Track/Playlist Count text in the Music Screen (User Settings -> Music -> Track Count Color).
  3. Fixed a bug where Lock Icons toggle accessed via the Theme Bar is not saved on main menus ...
  4. Fixed a missing setting used to change Swipe direction in Music UI.
  5. All custom icons are now tracked via a unique id, deleting an icon and creating it will no longer use old icon's position and page information - the icon would appear in a default location at all times. Deleting the icon will also reclaim its layout data - as long as delete is done via Custom Icon Manager. If you manually delete icondef_n.sol file, the space is not reclaimed (a cleanup function will be added later) - but there is no real harm to it. On first startup the Launcher will upgrade all existing custom icons and their layouts (I strongly suggest a backup of icondef_N.sol and menuN_layout.sol files before first boot).
  6. Fixed a bug when setting up and icon and targeting Menu 1 only - the icon does not appear anywhere (this worked ok for Menu 2 and ALL).
  7. Added a direct shortcut to the Custom Icon Manager. By default it should show up in the Utilities folder.
Pin Setting instructions
  1. Enable PIN setting: User Settings -> System -> Require PIN On Start
  2. Select 'Login PIN' setting underneath to enter the PIN.
  3. When Keypad is displayed, enter a pin (the longer the better of course). The '*' symbol is displayed instead of actual text. When pin is entered, press OK.
  4. Re-enter the pin. If you forget what the original pin was, just close the keypad, and the pin will not be saved. Otherwise, the pin is hashed via MD5 algorithm and stored in the .sol file.
  5. Restart the S9.
  6. You will be presented with a black screen and a keypad.
  7. Enter the pin and press OK to unlock.
  8. If you enter incorrect pin, the keypad does not go away.
  9. There is no 'lockout' penalty for trying too many times.

If you get really stuck, you will need a USB connection to fix it (so make sure you test the login while near a PC). Absence of a password will unlock the player, so deleting or clearing system_settings.sol file will take care of it. If you have a SOL File editor, you can just clear LoginPIN property, or set SecureLogin property to FALSE.

Note that the code includes MD5 Hash class, downloaded from http://www.devpro.it/as2_id_44.html.

This update is also released as a patch in order to conserve bandwidth:

Download Patch 3.21

Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Update - v3.21

Since it fixes a lot of bugs, I am pushing it out sooner (sick of updates yet????)
Nope, sorry - what's there to be sick of?!?!

Thanks as always - wonderful work.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 PM

Im impressed more and more with every update, nice job.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Great updates Claw, as always. I sometimes like to browse my pictures, and this keeps the radio playing while I do. The pin, well, maybe when I get a few more vids on my S9,..............

Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM

Claw---I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMTHING LIKE THIS NEW UPDATE!...NOTHING BEING ABLE TO LOCK UR DEVICE!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:06 AM

Nice update!

Old 05-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.22
  1. Improved image quality of a number of static icons and backgrounds (primarily in User Settings screen).
  2. Optimized file size and memory utilization of some attached graphics.
  3. Launcher now caches Custom Icon data (not images themselves) on boot, speeding up transition in and out of main menus. Adding/editing/updating icons will refresh the data next time Main Menu requests it. This should boost main menu performance.
  4. Unlimited Main Menu themes ... theoretically at least - and they don't have to be put in sequence (i.e. you can have mainmenu12.swf and mainmenu182.swf). Theme tracker will honor whatever number you use ...
  5. Theme Tracker initialization optimized to ignore unused main menu numbers - should should make boot a little faster.
  6. Fixed inconsistent sliding rate of panels in the User Settings screen.
  7. Allow rearranging of order of dynamic playlists. Go to the Playlist Manager, select a playlist, and use arrows up/down to move it. Spacing is a little tight so its easy to trip 'Configure Playlist' button by accident when using the arrows. I'll have to rearrange things at some point ... large playlists may take some time to move!
  8. Darkened the background of Playlist Manager to increase readability.
  9. 'Lock Icons' buttons moved to the right side of the Theme Bar - old location interfered with Theme Bar collapse button
  10. FW x.30 - Added the new album art size fscommand (not that I see if its doing anything useful - it may just load the art faster). It will honor the 'large art' setting. Also added the new Track display in Matrix mode (from the new FW release).
  11. Eliminated brief display of blank icon when loading custom icons ... this should make custom icons just appear on the stage.
I would suggest to back up your dynamic playlists (SOL/dynplaylist_N.sol) just in case before starting to rearrange them.

Full UI Pack v3.22 Download

Old 05-23-2009, 04:09 AM

Default Hunter

The game dosn't start, it just shows a blank screen.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !"$%^&*( View Post
The game dosn't start, it just shows a blank screen.
I just downloaded the new firmware and it works fine now. Thanks anyway

Old 05-23-2009, 04:35 AM

have you upgraded to FW X.30?
Edit: i was just to late

Last edited by bashibash; 05-23-2009 at 04:42 AM.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:29 AM

awesome claw, just awesome. do you think you could incorporate my suggestion under s9 update wish list.... my idea was

lyrics: when lyrics are on, and you're in the music screen, you tap the album art, once you tap it a third time it's blank, just the background. the lyrics would come up here instead of where they do now. also, choose scroll mode, or time mode for lyrics. scroll mode=displaying all the lyrics and letting you scroll though, time mode=displaying the lyrics at the time you set.

what do ya think?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:26 AM

How about muti page utilties screen that would be a great help.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

@Tezmin556 - Multi-page anything would be nice - like in the Widgets screen. Its on my todo list just not at the top

@Mf1232 - Yes - possible - I'll take a look at it. I only have one track into which I uploaded lyrics - and I forgot which one so I need to find it first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezmin556 View Post

Old 05-23-2009, 09:46 AM

@Claw: thanks a lot for your efforts! The customisability blew me away!

I also have a question - or a problem, rather: namely the wallpaper won't show on the music page anymore. It works on the main menu, the radio and other pages, but the music page just switches back to the black-grey gradient. I also tried setting backgrounds per pages; after having picked a particular background for the music page, it just flashes quickly upon picking the music option in the main menu, then shows the default gradient again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enn View Post
@Claw: thanks a lot for your efforts! The customisability blew me away!

I also have a question - or a problem, rather: namely the wallpaper won't show on the music page anymore. It works on the main menu, the radio and other pages, but the music page just switches back to the black-grey gradient. I also tried setting backgrounds per pages; after having picked a particular background for the music page, it just flashes quickly upon picking the music option in the main menu, then shows the default gradient again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
The last option on "Page 5" under "Music" should be set to 100/0 under the "User Settings" in Claw's UI. If it is set to 0/100, you will see the normal grey background of the original UI. Should be 100 for wallpaper and 0 for Blend. If that doesn't solve it, then someone else might have to chime in cause I wouldn't know. I ran into this too when tweaking my settings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezmin556 View Post
I second that! I need more screen space for my Games folder. Else I'll have to start subdividing my Games folder with more folders (i.e. Card Games, Shooting Games, 2-player games, etc). To hear that it may be possible is great news...

Last edited by krispjorn; 05-24-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Update - v3.23

1. Bug Fix: Fixed a non-stop 'ripple' animation after adding a track to a dynamic playlist.
  2. Bug Fix: Disable per-screen wallpapers for DMB.
  3. Bug Fix: Fixed disappering Play Status in the music screen when accessing Album Info.
  4. Minor performance improvements in the Matrix Browser (force smaller album art, etc). Still laggy as hell ...
  5. Icon Manager now displays icon's run mode:
    1. Blank: Folders
    2. F - Flash Browser
    3. L - Launcher
    4. W - Widget
    5. M - Main Menu
  6. Bug Fix: Fixed preview display of Main Menu mode icons - they were being read from the wrong location for the preview.
  7. Improved double-tap sensitivity of the Matrix Coverflow title list (basically by increasing amount of time it will wait for second tap).
  8. Per request: Change color of the Clock in the top left corner of the Main menu (User Settings -> Menu N -> Header Clock Color) and Music screen (User Settings -> Music -> Header Clock Color). To revert back to the default value, set to colorto 215/255/50 (0xD7FF32).
  9. Remove brief flash of blank icon in the Icon Preview screen of Custom Icon Manager.
  10. Display a red [x] next to a disabled icon in the Custom Icon Manager.
  11. New 'App Settings' option in the User Settings screen. This will be used to allow other apps or UCI's to 'register' themselves with the User Setting screen. This way their own settings may be controlled via this screen as well. App registration documentation is lengthy so I won't actually bother writing anything out now unless there is interest from actual developers. Meanwhile I need this to allow controlling options in the 'Lock Screen' widget. The App Settings screen displays a list of all registered apps, with App name in column 1 and App author in column 2.
This is a PATCH to previously released version 3.22.

Download Patch 3.23 here.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispjorn View Post
The last option on "Page 5" under "Music" should be set to 100/0 under the "User Settings" in Claw's UI. If it is set to 0/100, you will see the normal grey background of the original UI. Should be 100 for wallpaper and 0 for Blend. If that doesn't solve it, then someone else might have to chime in cause I wouldn't know. I ran into this too when tweaking my settings...
Hey, thanks for this krispjorn. Strangely, it was already set it at should, but after tweaking them to 50/50, then back to 100/0, it did work.

Also, after the update, I can select songs in the sideways album art browsing, where before it'd refuse to select them under certain albums (while not under others, strangely).

So: great update, Claw!

Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I put that fix in. Cowon had the double-tap delay set to 150ms - so under most conditions you can't double-tap that quickly. I extended it to 250ms, which is a much more comfortable delay - so the two taps are picked up reliably. So if you were lucky and got the double-tap done in time, it worked fine before - however since timers are affected by frame-rate, slowing down of S9 would cause double-tap to be missed ... not pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enn View Post
Also, after the update, I can select songs in the sideways album art browsing, where before it'd refuse to select them under certain albums (while not under others, strangely).

So: great update, Claw!

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists