android
Old 03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Default Wallpaper (Claw) UI v3 -- [x.10 FW]

Version 3 - for x.10 firmware and later!

Note - Most of the historical text has been removed - its repeated throughout the rest of this thread anyway. Only latest release info will be posted here.
Wallpaper UI Pack v3.48

Note this is a full pack and replaces all patches/packs prior to v3.48

1. Removed debug tracing from the browser (accidentally left over in prior release). It created the claw_debug and s9_debug sol files.
  2. Adjusted the 1-pixel gap in the header for 'bookmark' portion of the browser.
  3. Added New footer changing support to the main menu, picture viewer, recorder, and radio. Besides the two built-in versions, custom loaded footers are supported as well, with fillowing filenames:
    Global filename: footer_bg.png
    If global setting is not used:
    • Main Menu: footer_bg_mainmenuN.png, where 'N' is the menu number.
    • Radio: footer_bg_radio.png
    • Picture: footer_bg_picture.png
    • Record: footer_bg_record.png
  4. Fixed an alignment issue in the red-colored Radio Record text.
  5. Additional internal optimization of the browser.
  6. Fixed a bug with browser hotkey search - the spacebar is supposed to be ignored in hotkey mode. It should just return without triggering a search.
  7. Some minor internal code optimization in Picture viewer. I did notice on rare occasion some artifacts that were caused by optimization (i.e. bugs) - such as thumbnails not going away, etc ... let me know if you see any.
  8. Settings -> Picture Viewer -> Extra Back Arrow: Add a 'return' arrow button at the top left of the Picture viewer's header. This allows going back a folder without having to move all the way to the top of the viewer.
  9. As a design consideration, moved external file loading function for custom footers and for loading of vignettes/custom knob in Music UI into Launcher. If you are not using Wallpaper UI launcher, do not set any of these to <Custom> as they will no longer load.
  10. Fixed an issue that prevented User Settings screen from resetting itself after it was launched via a wrapper directly into Playlist Manager.
  11. MSC Playlists are back. Note - if you activate them, m3u playlists will not be accessible anymore (Until I find another place where to park the feature). I hope I restored all the functions properly but I'm not entirely sure.

Wallpaper UI - Patch v3.49

Note - this is a patch - and should be installed on top of v3.48

1. Fixed a bug with new back arrow in Picture Browser not removing stale images.
  2. Photo Browser optimizations:
    • Removed unused Movie Clips
    • Some ActionScript optimizations
    • Klaus @ Naver found that removing MCPhotoLoader is harmless in Frame 1. This makes the wallpaper visible, however the Launcher disables wallpaper in Picture browser, so that MC is not necessary. That speeds up scrolling a little
  3. Settings -> Picture Viewer -> Show Thumbnail Zoom Bar (Yes or No). Show or Hide the zoom bar in the Picture Viewer's thumbnail browser.
  4. Fixed a bug where Music UI was not setting proper album art size in the firmware (fscommand typo).
  5. Enabled Play/Pause hard button in Browser (only when entering the browser from Music UI).
  6. Left/Right/Up/Down green arrows moved to be above album art when they show up. Normally they need to be visible, but large album art blocks them ...
  7. Settings -> Music -> Playinfo Touch Function moved/renamed to Settings -> Music -> Play Info -> Touch Function
  8. Added a new Playinfo Touch function (Show/Hide Art), which toggles display of album art.
  9. Fixed a bug where Custom Icon Manager invoked directly from the menu fails to exit.
  10. Added 'Title / Album / Artist' Play Info Layout option.
  11. Attempt to fix 'Zoom to Native'. For Matt, this is what I ended up doing:
    Code:
    MCPhotoLoader._xscale = (100 / MCPhotoLoader.MCViewBase["mc" + imgBoxIndex]._xscale) * 100;
    MCPhotoLoader._yscale = (100 / MCPhotoLoader.MCViewBase["mc" + imgBoxIndex]._yscale) * 100;
    All this does is attempt to move the underlying image back to 100% scale, and I don't have to care which side is scaled heavier. Not sure if it works in all cases yet ...

Download Patch v3.49

Download Wallpaper UI Pack v3.48

Download Alternative Launcher Pack v3.48

Note that you need to download the Pack plus all patches. Install each patch separately, one at a time, in the numeric order.

For a detailed guide to the settings, see here:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=43781

Last edited by Claw; 01-17-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 AM

cool beans! I'm willing to try it out. Will let you know how it goes.

Quick Update: playing with it for the past hour. pretty slick. changing the system time to see the transitions. I have timelines set for mainmenu1, browser, music, widgets. working great. Just had one freeze when I tried to power off with the manual power button. reset the player and all is well.

Update 2: Just experienced my second freeze. This time is was using the UI off button.

Last edited by kikutap; 03-23-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 AM

Looking forward to see what you got in store..But I will wait for the solid version.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikutap View Post
cool beans! I'm willing to try it out. Will let you know how it goes.

Quick Update: playing with it for the past hour. pretty slick. changing the system time to see the transitions. I have timelines set for mainmenu1, browser, music, widgets. working great. Just had one freeze when I tried to power off with the manual power button. reset the player and all is well.

Update 2: Just experienced my second freeze. This time is was using the UI off button.
Thanks for the update. That power off is weird - I hope I didn't exceed some memory limit, though its possible I introduced some race condition to the launcher.
A couple of things I'd like to know if you remember them. Did freezing happen in sessions where you were:
1. Changing system time? I thought at the beginning that moving system time around was the culprit but it may have happened a few times when I wasn't? It may have to do with changing time into the past.
2. Setting up a timeline. I wonder if just powering S9 on and using it works find, but when you start setting timelines it causes the freeze.
3. Or did freeze happen in sessions where wallpaper switched to a new hour?.

Thanks.

Last edited by Claw; 03-23-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:29 AM

for some reason i cant even have a wallpaper with per screen mode

Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 PM

my S9 definitely couldnt turn off. i had to hard reset it every single time to turn it off.

but otherwise, your UCI started as a wallpaper loader to something complex giving users their will to change anything they want. I thank you and appreciate everything you've done

Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Thanks for the update. That power off is weird - I hope I didn't exceed some memory limit, though its possible I introduced some race condition to the launcher.
A couple of things I'd like to know if you remember them. Did freezing happen in sessions where you were:
1. Changing system time? I thought at the beginning that moving system time around was the culprit but it may have happened a few times when I wasn't? It may have to do with changing time into the past.
2. Setting up a timeline. I wonder if just powering S9 on and using it works find, but when you start setting timelines it causes the freeze.
3. Or did freeze happen in sessions where wallpaper switched to a new hour?.

Thanks.
For some reason now, it freezes up every time I try and power the unit off(both through the UI and manual power switch.) Last night it would only freeze randomly and I could power off the unit most of the time. I have made no changes to the timeline since last night and I'm just using the player regularly now to listen to music. Wonder what has changed?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Thanks - I will need to do some more research on what changed .. all signs point to a race condition - the part where it checks if the hour has changed (that's really the only active piece of functionality there) ... if the freeze is bothering you, try to disable the timeline function to see if it still freezes - maybe I introduced an unrelated bug into the launcher. Incidentally I've been using S9 for a few hours today, and it did not freeze at all, though it did many times yesterday.

Last edited by Claw; 03-23-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Version 3.01b
This is a tiny release - primarily to fix a few bugs.
  1. Lets say wallpaper timeline is set to load wallpaper1 at 12pm and wallpaper2 at 4pm. This update will use last wallpaper from prior night for anything before 12pm (i.e. at 9am it will use 4pm wallpaper).
  2. Fixed a display bug in the timeline where am/pm flag was set incorrectly in some cases.
  3. Some minor performance improvements in the Launcher - should yield theoretical improvement in overall UI smoothness (though its mostly theoretical - I'd be curious if anyone actually observes improvements).
  4. Some minor tweaking of the launcher to try and fix the shutdown freeze. I still have no idea what causes it but seems to be happening less (I'd be curious to know if its happening for anyone else - and if its restricted to hard button shutdown or soft menu button shutdown or both).
  5. Changed max Wallpaper Fade Rate limit in User Settings to 15.
  6. Changed max Album Art slider rate limit from 10 to 30.
  7. Removed a few invalid (or pending) options from the User Settings. The options are not actually functional - so trying them won't get you anywhere .
  8. Fixed an annoying bug in original firmware where 12am was displayed as 00am ...

Download 3.01b patch here:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/wa...b_fw_vX.10.zip

Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 AM

Loaded the latest patch. Seems more stable although it's still freezing. I had a streak of 10 successful power offs in a row (UI and manual power) before I got hit with a string of 3 freezes in a row (UI and manual power).

Making a lot of changes to the wallpaper timeline doesn't seem to have any effect on when it freezes during power off. (I set the wallpaper timelines on all my screens before trying to power off)

UI smoothness is noticed when windows close. i.e when setting wallpapers to the timeline, not as jerky as before. (of course it could all be psychological. If you didn't mention this in your patch notes, would I have commented about it? hmm, maybe, maybe not)

anyways that's all I got so far. Thanks for all your hard work.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Cowon S9 Developer

Version 3.02b
Another cleanup release.
Fixed a few bugs when assigning a wallpaper into a timeline using <All> option. Fixed a few issues related to remembering wallpaper's scale in timeline mode. Further optimized performance, reduced (hopefully) memory used by various components of the launcher. Seems that with this cleanup I no longer experience lockups during shutdown - but I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing it.
Download 3.02b patch here:

Old 03-26-2009, 07:16 AM

so this is the same wallpaper UI, just V3?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Ok - I am fairly certain that I found the reason for this freeze - I failed to clear all MovieClipLoader objects after wallpapers loaded up - which isn't a big deal by itself. When S9 is shutting off, garbage collection in Flash starts and tries to delete these objects. And I think there are too many to clean out and Flash interferes with shutdown. So ... let me know if you still get the freeze ... you should also notice that shutdown itself is much faster.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:10 AM

Well it looks like it works, Transitions to it's proper time like it's suppose to. When the time comes though, it's merely black until you go to another screen (ie move from main menu to widgets and then back) or go IN and OUT of sleep mode. Not really a complaint, still is pretty cool, hopefully a fade will come later !

Since no one has posted a REAL Transition wallpaper pack yet (merely just day and night wallpapers, not transitioning day to night wallpapers), I guess I'll be the first. Only a few know this but I actually use to live in Hawaii, so I tried my hardest to find beach time transitions that remind me of where I use to live. I found six that go from early morning(4AM) /sunrise(8AM) /Afternoon (12PM) /Sunset(4PM) /Night(8PM) /Midnight(12AM). It's pretty cool, If you guys like it alot, I MAY make another pack (probably will be mountains or forest). Let me know what you guys think with a Thanks and/or comment ! This pack is merely up to compliment Claw's great work with the Time Elapse function included in his newly updated Wallpaper UI.

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vt0jzzdmgom

For those who want to see the transitions, merely play with the clock in the S9 by setting it 2 minutes before each transition (aka to see 8pm Wallpaper, set S9's time to 7:58pm).

Last edited by da1writer; 04-03-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:30 PM

Claw, I never upgraded to the 2.10b, stayed with 2.09 and your 2.9 etc UCI. Going to try the final 2.10, do you recommend I use your v3.0 etc for the beta, or wait for your final release, assume it's 3.04?

As always, thanks

Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Version 3.04

Non-beta release

I will summarize all features added since UI Pack 2:
  1. Wallpaper Timeline (Settings -> System -> Wallpaper Timeline) - see above for functionality.
  2. Some minor performance improvements in the Launcher - should yield theoretical improvement in overall UI smoothness (though its mostly theoretical - I'd be curious if anyone actually observes improvements).
  3. Changed max Wallpaper Fade Rate limit in User Settings to 15.
  4. Changed max Album Art slider rate limit from 10 to 30.
  5. Empty area touch function setting added to Main menus (Settings -> MenuN -> Empty Area Touch). If activated, touching empty area (where there are no icons or overlays) in main menus will roll back the overlays (like it does in Picture Viewer). When this function is enabled, icon drag area is expanded, so icons can be placed where overlays are located.
  6. Start main menu with the overlays hidden (Settings -> MenuN -> Hide Overlay on Start).
  7. Allow change of the Picture Viewer slide-show time. Default is changing image every 4 seconds, but can be changed to another interval (Settings -> Picture Viewer -> Slide Show Delay (s) )
  8. Fixed an annoying bug in original firmware where 12am was displayed as 00am ...
  9. User Settings screen now has a dependency check - settings will be grayed out if related settings are disabled. For example, Grid Units are disabled if Snap to Grid is turned off. As an unfortunate consequence, sliding of Settings panels is not as smooth (due to font embedding) ... I may tweak it at another time. Related settings themselves are not lost if controlling setting is turned off.
  10. Fixed a bug where setting wallpaper did not work when non-English language was activated.
For those using v3 beta, you should see following fixes:
  • No more freezing on shutdown.
  • When time comes for wallpaper to change - the wallpaper will go black for a second, then new wallpaper will load.
  • Timeline UI has nicer toggle buttons.

Please note that I am now including music.swf in this pack. This UCI is from my older v2 pack, so it does not yet have a feature of switching album art if an mp3 has more than one. Anyone using this feature should not install music.swf.

Download entire v3.04 pack here:
http://www.shapeofcolor.com/cowon/wa...r_ui_v3.04.zip

ls103rb - you can download v3.04 ... it contains entire pack for 2.10 firmware.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:07 PM

Hero

Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 PM

Would it be possible to make your music.swf behave the same way as your mainmenu*.swf - when the skip buttons are pressed when playing, they skip according to Settings/Music/Skip Interval, when paused they do nothing?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

Sure - I'll add it as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackyTiger View Post
Would it be possible to make your music.swf behave the same way as your mainmenu*.swf - when the skip buttons are pressed when playing, they skip according to Settings/Music/Skip Interval, when paused they do nothing?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw View Post
Sure - I'll add it as an option.
Thanks, that's very kind of you.

Tags
claws, cowon s9, music uci, play lists