android
Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 PM

Congrats! Have fun with your "upgrade"!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 AM

Hey, I told you a while ago about samsung sending me a scratched up, cracked P2. Well they finally called me back and told me that they are working on an exchange. They said that I might be getting a new one. (Don't think it'll be a P3, I'm in the U.S. and they don get here 'till may). Hey Smacattack, where are you?

Old 04-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james09 View Post
Hey, I told you a while ago about samsung sending me a scratched up, cracked P2. Well they finally called me back and told me that they are working on an exchange. They said that I might be getting a new one. (Don't think it'll be a P3, I'm in the U.S. and they don get here 'till may). Hey Smacattack, where are you?
wow, that was a month ago!! you havE patience like a GOD

Old 04-18-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Hey James, ya I remember when you told me that. I'm glad to hear that they have agreed to try to help you.

I'm in Canada, so I imagine I got a P3 because they don't even sell P2s here anymore, so you might not be so lucky...but...if it does go long enough, you could get your wish. I started my exchange process in February, when P3s weren't out here yet, but it went long enough that they were released lol.

As much as it sucked waiting 8 weeks, it conveniently overlapped with the P3 release dates here, if you hold out, you may have the same fortune...(though your situation is a little different just cause they already have shipped you a [crap] unit...but they are bound to run out of P2s at some point)

Anyways best of luck man.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Headphone Jack

I had to send in my P2 for the headphone jack as well. I received an email stating that they had repaired my P2 in 1 day. I get my P2 back and come to find out that they either scratched my pristine display or most likely they sent me another unit and put my serial number on it. I had removed my ZAGG shield before I sent it. I sent an email to complain and then called Samsung Service. The service rep told me that she would have a new P2 sent as soon as it is approved in 48 hours. Hopefully, they have run out of the P2 and send me a P3.

Mark

Old 05-03-2009, 06:52 PM

I sent my p2 in about last week for the deadphone jack. They emailed me the other day stating that they didn't have the parts available to repair my p2, and that it might take longer than usual to repair it....I hope I end up with a p3 =D

Old 05-03-2009, 11:57 PM

^ where do you live? canada??

Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 AM

yep...they sent it to the mississauga repair center

Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
ok, i called these guys again today and Bob told me that he would put emphasis on the case and call me tomorrow. he also gave me a new transaction number and when I put it in into the service self tracker site it showed me an 8gb Q1. um.... I sent them a P2. can these guys do anything right??? I mean I love their stuff but they are really messing up their rep. anyways let me not run to conclusions and wait for Bob's call tomorrow.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:27 PM

OMG OMG OMG. Guess what!! I just got off the phone with a samsung rep. and she told me that they are offering me a P3!! I accepted! oh it was like a mirriage propasal LOL. I don know why they put the Q1 up, but im glad. I can now forget the almost 3 months I have been without my P2. Wooo hooo! they'l ship it in 7-10 days (this is gonna be the longest 10 day stretch ever!). Its sad that im more excited over this than my graduation ha ha ha!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:26 PM

has anyone noticed they dont reply to emails?? i dont have a p2 anymore but i emailed them a question and they never replied

Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 PM

whats the email address you sent the email to?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massarosareloud View Post
has anyone noticed they dont reply to emails?? i dont have a p2 anymore but i emailed them a question and they never replied
call them instead and ask for a direct line so you don have to keep transfering everytime you call. I think that you also need to be persistent in calling them its like they forget your case if you don't call. anyways good luck with whatever you're tryin to do.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 PM

im not trying anymore. i got fed up and got a touch (please dont flame). just letting everyone know, they dont respond to emails. and i got it off their website, not sure.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 PM

Default RE: Headphone Jack

RE: Headphone Jack <hr style="color: rgb(134, 155, 191); background-color: rgb(134, 155, 191);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I had to send in my P2 for the headphone jack as well. I received an email stating that they had repaired my P2 in 1 day. I get my P2 back and come to find out that they either scratched my pristine display or most likely they sent me another unit and put my serial number on it. I had removed my ZAGG shield before I sent it. I sent an email to complain and then called Samsung Service. The service rep told me that she would have a new P2 sent as soon as it is approved in 48 hours. Hopefully, they have run out of the P2 and send me a P3.

Follow up:

Well, Samsung sent me a refurbed P2 after they said they fixed my unit; "LIE" It had scratches on the screen. I complained and sent it back. They are now sending me a new Silver P3 which I will receive tomorrow. They wanted to offer me a Red P2. But after the hassle, I felt they needed to keep me happy.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:42 PM

I see I'm not alone in being unhappy with warranty repairs. I sent my player in for the deadphone jack problem and after being delayed due to a lack of parts I got my player back fixed a week later than they originally said. I just realized today that my back case is really loose and I can separate the top left corner of it really easily. How hard it it to put the case on properly? I'm hoping I can get a new P3 out of this.

Tags
p2, p3, repair, service