android
Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 PM

Red face So I sent my P2 in for service...

It's been nearly a month, but I'm a patient guy and I have another small mp3 player I use in the meantime so no biggie...

The curious thing is firstly, the samsung.ca support site has none of my info, but samsung.com does...even though I'm in Canada, but whatever .

Secondly, and most interestingly, it says "YP-P3JCB/XAC" under the model number... notice the "P3"

I'm sort of excited that maybe they will just send me a P3 under my product replacement plan, cause I know the P3 just came out in Canada and BestBuy has discontinued P2s in favour of P3s...but that's wishful thinking, I know.

Any ideas what's up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p2.jpg (7.3 KB, 77 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yeah, a couple people on abi>> got p3's instead, so it's a possibility

fingers crossed

Old 03-22-2009, 09:37 PM

Default oh wow.......

fingers AND toes crossed......that'd be unreal. I've been keeping up with P3 news for some time now and would definitely not mind the switch

Old 03-23-2009, 07:30 AM

hmmm.. i might be having an acident with my p2 in the next week or so if the p3s are the replacment. I bought the 3 year warranty. hmm....

Old 03-23-2009, 04:41 PM

Default Dang!!

LOL!! i just got my P2 back from repairs (notice that the P2 is highlighted ;P)... frankly, im pissed at samsung..... i tried getting the service repair through the phone a few times and was continuoulsy rejected, and did it online instead.... the customer service is TERRIBLE!!

Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacattack View Post
It's been nearly a month, but I'm a patient guy and I have another small mp3 player I use in the meantime so no biggie...

The curious thing is firstly, the samsung.ca support site has none of my info, but samsung.com does...even though I'm in Canada, but whatever .

Secondly, and most interestingly, it says "YP-P3JCB/XAC" under the model number... notice the "P3"

I'm sort of excited that maybe they will just send me a P3 under my product replacement plan, cause I know the P3 just came out in Canada and BestBuy has discontinued P2s in favour of P3s...but that's wishful thinking, I know.

Any ideas what's up?
Why exactly did you send in your P2 to Samsung? Was it a physical problem or smt else? I didn't get the extended warrany but I have only had my P2 for less than a year, so maybe......

Anyway, please answer! I dont have enough extra money for a P3, so this is my only option! My P2 is cracked on the left top corner and has been acting odd lately...

Thxs in advance

Old 03-23-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cankid96 View Post
Why exactly did you send in your P2 to Samsung? Was it a physical problem or smt else? I didn't get the extended warrany but I have only had my P2 for less than a year, so maybe......

Anyway, please answer! I dont have enough extra money for a P3, so this is my only option! My P2 is cracked on the left top corner and has been acting odd lately...

Thxs in advance
Hey cankid,

I sent it in because I had the notorious 'deadphone jack' problem...so the sound was full of static and all low end sounds pretty much dropped right out (ie. no bass).

I had the extended warranty, but it would have been covered by the 1 year anyways, as everyones should be provided its only been that long (including you). I took my P2 back to FutureShop in Canada, who sold me the extended warranty (replacement plan) but they made me send it in to Samsung anyways (whats the point of the replacement plan, I asked.)

Honestly I don't expect to get anything but my P2 back, I'm not getting my hopes up haha (but I'll be happy either way I just miss having it...)

If your P2 is cracked in the corner...the only problem would be that Samsung may suggest any problems are a result of neglect on your behalf, and void your warranty.

They don't assess it until you send it in though...I'm not even sure of my status and its been a month (i'm afraid they'll tell me it was my fault somehow...even though its a known defect in many units)

I'll provide any updates as I get them...

Old 03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Samsung Moderator

You're likely to get a refurb unit, which means that judging from the fact they seem to think you have a P3, it's a strong possibility you could get a nice little upgrade.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Hey cankid,

I sent it in because I had the notorious 'deadphone jack' problem...so the sound was full of static and all low end sounds pretty much dropped right out (ie. no bass).

I had the extended warranty, but it would have been covered by the 1 year anyways, as everyones should be provided its only been that long (including you). I took my P2 back to FutureShop in Canada, who sold me the extended warranty (replacement plan) but they made me send it in to Samsung anyways (whats the point of the replacement plan, I asked.)

Honestly I don't expect to get anything but my P2 back, I'm not getting my hopes up haha (but I'll be happy either way I just miss having it...)

If your P2 is cracked in the corner...the only problem would be that Samsung may suggest any problems are a result of neglect on your behalf, and void your warranty.

They don't assess it until you send it in though...I'm not even sure of my status and its been a month (i'm afraid they'll tell me it was my fault somehow...even though its a known defect in many units)

I'll provide any updates as I get them...
Thxs for replying and maybe if you're lucky enough, like a bunch of people that returned their P2's, u too will get a P3 (and me too).

Anyway keep up with the updates, I want to see if this is worth a return of my P2.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 PM

Ya i just hope it's not much longer...

I don't want to call yet cause I'm hoping maybe they'll run out of P2s...

I read before that if they run out of the exact model and size, they will have to give you the next best...so in my case my 8GB P2 could become a 16GB P2, or if I'm as lucky as those other people...a P3

ya man, I'll post what happens...

Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 PM

I had the headphone jack problem. I watched a video on how to DIY fix it but it seemed risky; i did not want to damage my new (2 month old) p2. so i decided to send it to samsung about two weeks ago. Today, I got a package from samsung. Excited to have my p2 back i opened the box to find what i can only call a piece of CRAP. I'm so pissed. the p2 that they sent me back has scratches all over the screen, and the back, one of the corners on the screen has a crack on it and the back cover is loose. what the hell, i sent them a practically new device.
I just got off the phone with a representative and she asked me to send, via e-mail, pictures of the device and box that it came back in. I'll do that now. I'll keep you posted.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 PM

If they do that to me... I'm going to bring the rain...

They better not be taking over a month (5 weeks now!!!) just to give me a refurb!!!

Keep us posted on what happens James, and I shall do the same.

Good Luck

Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 PM

I'm on my third - and final - P2. The first one had the DPJ problem after about 7 months. The second one had the problem 2 months after that. Both times I took advantage of the offer to get a replacement first by providing a valid CCard # and then sending in my defective one once I received the new one.

I've read this option is not available in some countries - I'm in Canada - but if your P2 is still under warranty u should ask for that if for some reason they don't mention it. Beats waiting weeks on end for a repaired one. Now it's a possibility that there are no P2's left to send but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Apple iPod Touch 32gb (sigh) w/Fiio E1

Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 PM

UPDATE:

So I called Samsung...and they told me that my P2 was 'un-repairable' and are sending me a P3.

I'm not sure, but I think the reason that I'm getting a P3 is that I had the Product Replacement Plan (from Future Shop) as opposed to just the regular warranty.

Still no update on how long it will be before I receive anything though, the 'right people' weren't in when I called apparently. I'm guessing that it's taking so long because P3s are probably not in great supply yet...but knowing that I'll get one makes me a very patient man.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 AM

LUCKYYYYYYYYY OMGGGGGGGGGGg

Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
UPDATE:

So I called Samsung...and they told me that my P2 was 'un-repairable' and are sending me a P3.

I'm not sure, but I think the reason that I'm getting a P3 is that I had the Product Replacement Plan (from Future Shop) as opposed to just the regular warranty.

Still no update on how long it will be before I receive anything though, the 'right people' weren't in when I called apparently. I'm guessing that it's taking so long because P3s are probably not in great supply yet...but knowing that I'll get one makes me a very patient man.
NICE!!! hope the same happens to me. They are yet to reply to my email... I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 PM

hey smacattack, how exactly did you get this headphone problem?
I've been hearing about how to fix this but I haven't read anything about how to get this problem.
Also is it possible for me to return my P2 (it hasn't been a year since purchase) and recieve a P3. My P2 has a crack on the top left corner but I got that right after I got my P2 and it hasn't really caused any problems. However My P2 has been malfuctioning lately.
For example, when I turn it on, it should go to the usual password screen, but now words and other random stuff appear on an empty space, and It can't change, so I have to reset it. It doesn't seem that bad, but after several times, it gets annoying.
adding to this, random words and number appears on my number pad during when I turn it on, it still works, since my password doesnt require the numbers that the words are on. But its just annoying.

Also my P2's touchscreen has been malfunctioning by a lot. and i mean A LOT.
Theres also the fact that my bluetooth phone search function doesnt work.

srry bout all this but i need to know if this will get me a P3

Old 04-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
I've been hearing about how to fix this but I haven't read anything about how to get this problem.
Also is it possible for me to return my P2 (it hasn't been a year since purchase) and recieve a P3. My P2 has a crack on the top left corner but I got that right after I got my P2 and it hasn't really caused any problems. However My P2 has been malfuctioning lately.
For example, when I turn it on, it should go to the usual password screen, but now words and other random stuff appear on an empty space, and It can't change, so I have to reset it. It doesn't seem that bad, but after several times, it gets annoying.
adding to this, random words and number appears on my number pad during when I turn it on, it still works, since my password doesnt require the numbers that the words are on. But its just annoying.

It's all been on a completely individual basis, but trying to trump up damage to your player to get a new one is probably fraud (at least it is in my country). Keep in mind that if you have physical damage to the player, like cracks or obvious marks where it's been dropped, they will likely blame any defect on you and you will not get any sort of replacement that you don't purchase yourself.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:

the headphone jack problem just seems to be one of those defects that happens in x % of players. I was really careful with my P2, kept it in a case all the time and that...and the sound just started crackling alot one day

At first I thought it was the headphones themselves, and was going to spring for new headphones before I read something about the headphone jack issue online (probably on these forums), so I tried lots of headphones on it and all had the same issue with the sound.

In terms of what they will send you, it is up to them man. I thiink maybe my Product Replacement Plan from Future Shop may have bailed me out, but I'm not sure of the details yet.

It surely depends on what they have available too. It could just be that they are out of P2's in my region (Toronto) and therefore must give me the upgrade to a P3, which are also in short supply, I'm sure, but will be followed by more shipments (unlike the P2).

Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 PM

I thought I would just give an update...

I have in fact received a replacement P3!! It took almost 8 weeks...but you won't hear any complaints out of me...given the 'free' upgrade.

If only it wasn't an hour bus ride away, at my folks house, I'd be playing with it right now (mail at my apartment can be pretty unreliable so I had them ship it there)...Unfortunately I will have to wait a couple of days to go get it...but again...no complaints out of me

Tags
p2, p3, repair, service