android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2009, 11:51 PM

Help FLAC compatable DAP on a budget?

So, I've recently started to develop some audiophile tendencies, despite the fact that I don't really have the budget for it. Long story short, I now have all of my CDs ripped to FLAC, and I'm looking for a DAP that will play them.

I haven't had any portable music since my last CD player broke a few years ago, so I'm not familiar with any DAP brands. However, I've done some searching, and it seems that the FLAC compatable players with the best sound quality are the iAudio 7 and the SanDisc Sansa Clip.

I'm leaning towards the iAudio 7 16GB model at the moment, since the Clip will probably not have enough space, but I wanted to ask for some opinions before I make a purchase. Are there better players that play FLAC files and have good SQ in the sub-$200 (preferably sub-$150) range? The iAudio has most of what I need, but if there's a player that does the same - or similar - things that also has expandable storage, I'd like to know. Video is unimportant, and my Sennheiser PX100s are the cap on audio quality - anything that they can't pick up is superfluous.

Recommendations are much appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
advice, audiophile, cowon, flac, sandisc