android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 03-12-2009, 06:29 PM

An armband actually works great until I start lifting weights with my left arm. At that point, the armband becomes really, really distracting and irritating... which is why I just move it around, since the Clip attaches to anything anyway.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
Yeah I do that from time to time too.. I kinda wish that when I was doing weights that I had an MP3 player that was built into headphones.
How about a pair of behind-the-head headphones that you could just clip the Clip to?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
All of them? Yay!

Linky...?
Here's the Shure line-up. I have the SE210s and the cord without extender cable is just long enough to reach my shirt pocket or so (in fact, I wish it was a bit longer, for lower pockets or extra room when turning my head; the website says it's 18 inches).

http://store.shure.com/store/shure/e...oryID.12165500

(Of course, you can find lower prices online, apart from at Shure.)

Old 03-28-2009, 02:37 PM

I use Sony inner ear phones. They're the ones with an extension piece to lengthen the cable. I attach the Clip to the outside of my vest at the arm hole (shoulder/upper arm level). I loop the shorter lead through the arm hole and inside the vest, out of the neck hole, tuck in the excess inside the vest and away I go. A tidy solution. The player never falls off and it's easy to reach if you need to change things on the player.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyone View Post
I use Sony inner ear phones. They're the ones with an extension piece to lengthen the cable. I attach the Clip to the outside of my vest at the arm hole (shoulder/upper arm level). I loop the shorter lead through the arm hole and inside the vest, out of the neck hole, tuck in the excess inside the vest and away I go. A tidy solution. The player never falls off and it's easy to reach if you need to change things on the player.
I saw a guy at the gym earlier this week who was doing the same thing!

Um... you don't live in Idaho, do you?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah I do that from time to time too.. I kinda wish that when I was doing weights that I had an MP3 player that was built into headphones.

Maybe you could clip the Clip to your headphones , and just shorten the cord

Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
I hear you. Or one that has a 12-inch earphone cord. I don't need the two meters! I need to set it on my collar and not have cord going everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I still buy T-shirts with a chest pocket, a habit that remains from the old days when I smoked. So I clip my Clip to inside of the pocket, along with the worst of the cable slack.

I don't know of any perfect solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post
Maybe you could clip the Clip to your headphones , and just shorten the cord
Bingo! Buy a pair of work out phones, mod the cable and clip the Clip to the headphones

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Bingo! Buy a pair of work out phones, mod the cable and clip the Clip to the headphones
See about 6 posts above ...

Old 03-31-2009, 02:14 PM

I usually just put my Clip in my pocket when exercising. If I'm doing something and it's in the way I clip it to my cap and let the cord hang down my back.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:55 PM

Has anyone tried one of these with their clip? It says it's for a shuffle, but I think the headphone jack is in roughly the same place. Of course you can't adjust volume, but it looks appealing.
http://www.arriva.com/buyshuffleheadphones.html

Old 11-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

u do what i did, modify yer clip by attaching a BT stereo dongle (no bigger than a fiio amp) then invest in a good pair of BT headphones. No more wires XD

Old 11-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Bruce, what BT dongle do you use/where did you get it/likewise your phones? Been thinking about this for awhile.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

well check out my thread "Bruce has done it again!" here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=48967

quite indepth review. The actual BT dongle is this one here:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...T&SUBCATID=914

Headphone wise i'm still stuck wity my wired etymotic er6's, but when they finally die i think i will definately go for their bluetooth ones, the er8's. From what i have read they are the best on the market (and if you have heard their other wired headphone range it's a claim you could believe).

link to er8's:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er88.aspx

So far i have two BT speakers, one the music fan pictured in the you tube video, the other i just got a couple of days ago, the logitech pure-fi mobile bluetooth speakers.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp.../4345&cl=gb,en

I intend to do a review on this speaker as well.
Since that you tube clip i have actually stuck the BT dongle onto the sansaclip+ in a similar fashion to the regular sansaclip and fiio5 amp thats pictured in the youtube clip. The velcro like substance actually begins to lose its grip after awhile which is a shame, so i have resorted back to a more permanent double sticky pad like stuff between the two devices.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:28 PM

you could use the sennheiser cxl 400 http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CXL.../dp/B001NZS38W
I just clip the clip onto the little loop. It hangs from my neck instead of my shirt. Also I found the best place to clip my sansa was the back of my collar I kept my e260 there too with a DLO case.
Zune 30GB (white-unfortunately)
Sennheiser CX300 and CXL400 lanyard headphones

Old 11-22-2009, 03:12 PM

Here's a solution I've done to both of my clips and it works ok. I put on a rubber glove and put a dollop of silicone caulk on my finger and and rub it between two fingers to spread it out a little. I then lightly rub a very small amount of silicone on both sides of the "tooth" part of the clip. This gives it a lot more grab and prevents it from falling off. I wear a lot of cardigans which is a less than ideal surface to clip to and it solves the problem.

Be aware, if you aren't careful you can get too much silicone on it and this will prevent it from completely closing when you're not wearing it. I personally don't care since I always am wearing my clip from when I wake up to when I charge it when I go to bed. But I'm aware that there are people that don't like to have their toys "sullied".

Hope this helps somebody out.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:22 PM

wear a baseball cap, clip the Clip to the back tab with a short corded headset.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I'm just curious.. Always looking for a more comfortable workout.. I clip it to the collar of my t-shirt at the gym and it kinda tugs at it. Anyone know of a good solution?
Low tech solution - buy a t-shirt with a front pocket. Clip Clip to the pocket.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I'm just curious.. Always looking for a more comfortable workout.. I clip it to the collar of my t-shirt at the gym and it kinda tugs at it. Anyone know of a good solution?

I think Sandisk should really thin out the clip and still retain the LCD screen on its next version.
Isn't a heavier player more of a workout?

What if you clip it to your shorts? I don't think a lighter player will be substantially lighter enough to matter, unless there's a lot of feature and runtime sacrifices.