android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 PM

Help inear phones for D2-$50 range

I am thinking od selling my creative ep-630 for 10$ and upgrade to around 50$ in ear phones.

The ep-630 were good when paired to my HI-fi system but with D2 they hiss. The frequency interference is higher which is bad. I am not sure if the interference is coming with hiss or one frequency is interfering with other but the experience was bad. On the other hand PX100 were good.

After reading a lot, i think this is common for low impedance phones with D2 and the solutions proposed are (impedance adapter, amp so on). Instead of buying an impedance adapter, i felt upgrading to a high impedance phone would be a better choice.

The options are too little. almost all the well known ln ear models in the economy range have a low impedance usually 16 ohms. The Jays seems to be manufacturing some high impedance rating phones.

How are s-jays coupled with D2. Is the Bass-heavyness goes to the extent of becoming a problem?. How are the highs. I heard that the mids are decent but not much on highs. Are they loud enough with D2. I listen at vol 25 on d2 with px100 which are 32 ohms phones. so with 69 ohms phones do i need to have full volume? having full volume is bad because it drains out battery too fast.

please suggest alternatives also.

-siva kumar reddy

Last edited by sivakrdy; 03-08-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
cowon, d2, inear