android
Old 03-06-2009, 12:37 PM

Default Tiny scratches on your screen

Anyone noticed this? I have tiny little scratches on my screen there hardly noticable, but when I cleaned the fingerprints off my s9 earlier and shone the light onto it and could see tiny little marks on the screen, I know there small, but this is really bugging me :/

I always, always have my S9 in a case in my pocket, so it couldnt be from my pocket... Ive tried buffing these off, and it really does seem they are scratches...

Shame, im gonna have to get a screen protector / fingerprint thingie :[

Dan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 PM

yer ive got the same thing, ive stuck a screen protector on now.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you sure you don't have rocks or metal bits, maybe even diamond chips in your pockets? Supposedly Cowon uses Gorilla Glass on the S9, which is pretty danged tough.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:57 PM

Yeah, im sure I dont have anything in my pockets / in the bag case thingie I keep it in, cleaned it all out, sucks, might have to see if apple sauce works on it.

Dan

Old 03-06-2009, 05:15 PM

I have so many finger prints on my screen I wouldn't even see a scratch if it were there.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:55 PM

Location: I travel a lot.. mainly between Morocco and Holland.

haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoo View Post
I have so many finger prints on my screen I wouldn't even see a scratch if it were there.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:07 AM

Ugh, going to use applesauce and then buy a invisible-shield, seeing as BSE dont do one.

BSE + IS seem to work on my zvm / bros zen.

They need to come with protectors on :P

Dan

Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 AM

After almost 2 months of using s9 without screen protection I can't mention any scratches on it's display. Sometimes after cleaning the display there remains something like scratches, but it's not scratches. Just clean it one more time more thorough and voila it is as clean as it was when you bought it.

Last edited by yanuar12; 03-07-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:54 AM

Been cleaning it for ages now, still got the scratches all over it, seems the glass isnt as good as it should be _

When I shine light in the uper right corner, I can see a long scratch, I think thats from cleaning it >_<

Dan

Old 03-08-2009, 09:27 AM

Yeah, I got that on my PSP too, scratches from cleaning fingerprints. Taught me to be more careful when I clean the screen (I just use my shirt most of the time)

Old 03-09-2009, 04:40 PM

There is no scratches on my s9 at all. Display looks as clean as it was when I remove protective film. And I'm by far not an example of a careful user. When I'm jogging it's all wet and as sometimes it's about -15 C outside, so when I'm coming home player is very cold. I clean the display with anything that comes to my hand, I have even dropped it a couple of times. And all those tests took no effect on my s9. A am totally happy user, thanks to guys from Cowon!

Old 03-11-2009, 04:38 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielF50 View Post
Ugh, going to use applesauce and then buy a invisible-shield, seeing as BSE dont do one.

BSE + IS seem to work on my zvm / bros zen.

They need to come with protectors on :P

Dan

What's with the applesauce?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Absolutely no scratches here after ~2 months of daily use.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:05 PM

no scratches on mine, i keep it in a pocket all by itself most of the time, earphones go in my other pocket, though it has been lain face down on desks, no screen protector or case, not a scratch i love it!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:46 AM

Generally the scratches are VERY hard to see. have to hold it just right and then still hard to see. I only have 2, one pretty long. Thought they were gone when I was cleaning just prior to installing my current screen protector, but alas, tilted again in a different light and there it was. Not too concerned with that, but didn't want a cumulative effect so got the screen protect on it now.

those of you who "don't have any".. make sure you look at it from an angle.. tilt it all about in different light.

I didn't keep mine in any type of environment that should have damaged it.. and it DOES hold up well, but nothing is impervious.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWildman View Post
What's with the applesauce?
Applesauce buffs your screen and removes scratches etc...

But please dont try squeezing a apple onto your S9 and then rubbing it in, it wont work, it'll make your S9 sticky, and it will probably leak into your S9.

http://www.applesaucepolish.com/

I think its called apple sauce because it smells like apples... well mine does ;]

Dan

Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Redneck Moderator

I'd say that you have quartzite sand in your area, you put your S9 in your pocket which has some sand in it, and it gets scratched. Quartz is stronger than a knife, so even though you see the video of some one trying to scratch the gorilla glass, doesn't mean that simple sand can't scratch it.
And I believe it was named apple sauce because marketing says it should be used on an apple product(ipoo).

Old 02-07-2010, 07:12 AM

Sorry I came along the internet searching for good advice "how to cleach my S9" and I found this thread here. So I also need to say something.

I have my S9 now just a couple of days and there is allready a scratch (a big one) on it. Ok, it is hardly to see. You really need to hold it into the light and then you can see it.

OK, normaly it is not a problem but first this thing was expansive and second they allways say how awsome the screen is and it is nearly impossible to have a scratch on it. Thats a lie.

Mabye some are lucky, but I am not.
And funny thing. Since I have my S9 it never left my appartment since these 5 days I have it. It was just on my table to load mp3s on it and then it was securely wrapt into a microfiber tissue. And yesterday I wanted to clean the display with the same tissue because of the lots of fingerprints which where on it and then I realized that there is a scratch on it.

I was a bit pissed off I must say. Now I am really worried and overprotected because I don't believe in this lie anymore that the screen is so great.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Redneck Moderator

Yes the S9's screen can be scratched, but it is still VERY strong. I've put mine though so much abuse and it is scratched, but if I were to put a D2 though the same amount of abuse then it would be scratched much much more.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 PM

@VanFersen: Are you positive that it's a scratch? Have you tried lightly "scratching" it with your finger? It may be simply dirty, many times I thought I had a scratch when it was just something sticky.

@Syndrome: Jesus christ :O