android
Old 03-06-2009, 09:06 AM

Angry Can not get Playlists working on View

I have a 16gb View and I have tried several "solutions" from ABI and the Sansa site including...
* straight M3U file creation (MSC and MTP mode)
* the AutoM3U app (MSC mode)

...but none are working for me. I see the file(s) on the player from Windows Explorer but the playlists are not offered when using the player. I have tried copying to the Music folder and the Playlist folder.

I prefer not to use MTP and WMP. I do have MediaMonkey installed but have not tried that (does that uses MTP ?).

I like the Sansa players but this is frustrating. My e280 handled playlists fine (the Sanse Playlister and Sansa manager are great) as well as my wife's old c250. I have not tried w/ her Clip.

Thanks,
Ken

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-07-2009, 05:51 AM

Hi Ken, I can understand your frustration.
My experiences with my 16GB View has brought me to the conclusion that playlists only work with MTP mode. On my computer I have Windows 2k and I am quite happy with that. However, that means that my Sansa View only works in MSC mode.
I have tried to create playlists on a computer with Windows XP and then it worked, but only in MTP mode.

Do the following:
* Install Winamp
* Connect your View the computer
* Winamp will ask you if you want to manage your View with the media library. If Winamp doesn't ask you, you just open Winamp media library yourself.
* In Winamp media library there should be a list on the left hand screen, right click on "playlists" and choose "create new playlist". Then you go to your new playlist and choose which songs to import into it. (my version of Winamp is in Swedish, so I might not get the names in English right)
NOTE - start experimenting with a playlist of music that is not on your View. Both the songs and the playlist will be transfered to your View, so it might be best to use music that you do not have on your View.
* Edit the playlist until you are happy with it
* Right click on your playlist and choose "send to Sansa View". That will transfer both the playlist and the songs to your Sansa View.

You can disconnect your View and see if it worked. I am not sure about creating playlists with music that is already on your View. It might work.

For me using Winamp has worked 100% and once you have transfered the playlists to your View, you are able to edit them and add more songs that are already on your View.

I agree with you that the playlist thing is frustrating. After my Sansa crashed during a database update I lost all my playlists and right now I just listen to music based on ID3-tags. When I get the opportunity again, I will create playlists since I prefer to organize my music in that way...

I hope I have been able to help you.
Daniel

Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 AM

Default Perhaps I will give MTP a shot

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I had wanted to stay away from MTP expecially since it seems to copy files over to the player just in order to get a playlist on there.
I had attempted that with WMP 11 on my Vista machine.
Perhaps I will give MTP a shot with WinAmp.

Has anyone been able to get a Playlist working with MSC ?

Thanks,
Ken

Old 03-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Hi Ken,

Well, you could always try this: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=4391

Some info here too:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...hread.id=19815

It is from the Fuze forum, but it might work on View as well. I haven't tried it, but I'll at least give it a try.

Daniel

Old 03-12-2009, 09:38 AM

Thanks. I actually had checked those threads prior.
Still no luck with the AutoM3U. Have not gotten around to Winamp.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:12 AM

Well, I have tried the VB script "SansaPlaylistConverter.vbs" as well with no success.
This is pathetic.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:30 PM

Heres what I ended up doing.........

put all your files in the folders you want, then open media monkey, and change the "album" to a playlist that you want, this way when you go to albums, there they are, playlists...........

Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 AM

Default Surrendered to MTP mode and MediaMonkey

After trying every possible MSC method posted here and other sites
I swicthed my View over to using MTP. Now at least I am easily able to create PlayLists with MediaMonkey.

Last edited by sagittarii; 09-09-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Tags
m3u, msc, playlist, view