android
Old 03-26-2009, 01:48 PM

Just wanted to add my thanks to the RB devs...this thang just gets better & better!
A project very worthy of donations.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-26-2009, 09:01 PM

I have a question. When will the USB meet release standards?
I read somewhere that there is possible overwriting if you go over
your memory allowance. Is this true? If so, when can we expect this
to be fixed?

Thanks.
by the way rockbox rocks my socks! Thank you developers!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Rockbox Developer

When - when it works. Seriously, it's a volunteer effort. We can neither schedule innovation (nobody can) nor can we predict when people will have time to work on it. You'd think we've answered this question enough now that people would get the point.

As for "over your memory allowance" - no such problem exists.

In fact, USB *should* be fine already. As far as I know the last issue actually got fixed, but too late for there to be time for widespread testing to verify it's really gone.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 PM

sorry about the "when", I don't know, I just figured it's just a matter of
time thing as in "nearly done". But like you said, it's voluntary work. I should not assume!

That's great to know that it is
not overwriting!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri Nguyen View Post
Tested USB and the new bootloader, works great for me. Goodbye OF!!!
hmm..I tried to update the bootloader (PP5022)tonight using sansapatcher. It said it updated it successfully (but showed "writing" on it's screen for 20 minutes until finally removed it from being connected & restarted it, but when I plug it in it boots to RB for a few seconds then fades to white & then boots to the OF. It will still boot to RB when not connected, so no real biggie, just unsure why it doesn't work as others have it.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBc View Post
hmm..I tried to update the bootloader (PP5022)tonight using sansapatcher. It said it updated it successfully (but showed "writing" on it's screen for 20 minutes until finally removed it from being connected & restarted it, but when I plug it in it boots to RB for a few seconds then fades to white & then boots to the OF. It will still boot to RB when not connected, so no real biggie, just unsure why it doesn't work as others have it.
Check this response.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:52 PM

Thanks for responding, but that doesn't really apply to my issue. I DO have a recent build, and it DOES support USB. What I was trying to do was to add the newer test version of the bootloader as mentioned upthread, so that when the USB cable is plugged into my Sansa, it would boot up to RB as others have had it. It does try to, but then it reverts back to the OF after a second. So I was hoping to find a solution. IF not, I will just have to await the final 3.2 RB

Old 03-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenter940 View Post
Finally found why that happened!
Btw.. why isn't usb enabled?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
Finally found why that happened!
Btw.. why isn't usb enabled?
USB is enabled. You don't have a current RB build installed that supports usb
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansaguy View Post
USB is enabled. You don't have a current RB build installed that supports usb
Well in 3.2 i've got the same problem as the user before.. it stays in infinite loop.. but i installed the current build and it's back to normal
:P

Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 AM

Ok...I've read a couple of pages of praise for this major upgrade; but forgive this non-hacker dumbass and please tell me what this means other than I can connect to my computer without booting the original firmware?...which doesn't seem like that big a deal in an of itself.

Well, I just found this on page 4: "Before this improvement, if you wanted to load music or other media to your rockboxed Sansa you had to connect it to your computer while using the original Sansa firmware. Now you can load music (and charge your battery) directly from Rockbox. You never have to load the original firmware. So now Rockbox has complete functionality. żEs claro?"

I guess this never seemed like a very big deal to me. I mean, I just plugged it into my computer with the power off and it took care of this all by itself. I was able to add and delete files fine....so what if the OF was being used?

Last edited by SeaHag; 03-30-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:18 AM

If it doesn't mean much to you, then....it doesn't mean that much to you.
Opinion noted.
Being able to do away with the OF altogether & go straight Rockbox is appreciated by others.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Rockbox Developer

It means a lot more to people who use MicroSDHC cards.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBc View Post
If it doesn't mean much to you, then....it doesn't mean that much to you.
Opinion noted.
Being able to do away with the OF altogether & go straight Rockbox is appreciated by others.
And apparently Seahag does not have a HC SD card installed. If he did he would realize it cannot be accessed when connected to the PC with the original firmware. It is much more convenient now to be able to copy files directly to the SD card via RockBbox than to have to remove it and put in a card reader. I neglected to mention this advantage. Not having full USB access via Rockbox has been the one glaring shortcoming for the two plus years I have been using it. So now that this has been fixed Rockbox is a 100% solution. Which is great, in my opinion anyway.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennhaven View Post
and apparently seahag does not have a hc sd card installed. If he did he would realize it cannot be accessed when connected to the pc with the original firmware. It is much more convenient now to be able to copy files directly to the sd card via rockbbox than to have to remove it and put in a card reader. I neglected to mention this advantage. Not having full usb access via rockbox has been the one glaring shortcoming for the two plus years i have been using it. So now that this has been fixed rockbox is a 100% solution. Which is great, in my opinion anyway.
this!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHag View Post
I guess this never seemed like a very big deal to me. I mean, I just plugged it into my computer with the power off and it took care of this all by itself. I was able to add and delete files fine....so what if the OF was being used?
[/I][/COLOR]
Now, I don't have to wait EVERY TIME I PLUG IT IN while the OF rebuilds the database, even though nothing has changed. Or, open my case & pull out the microSD card to put more music on. Or keep another adapter handy to do it, since, as noted by others, the OF can't even SEE a card bigger than 2GB.
Count me as one of those who think this is a very big deal.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 PM

Well in OF you can't read/write MICROSDHC and with Rockbox USB you can do that easily.
So i bought a 8Gb for my Sansa e250 because of Rockbox USB!
Now.. imagine me spending 22€ for nothing? because of OF? Nah.. i really really appreciate USB in Rockbox

Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylor View Post
Well in OF you can't read/write MICROSDHC and with Rockbox USB you can do that easily.
So i bought a 8Gb for my Sansa e250 because of Rockbox USB!
Now.. imagine me spending 22€ for nothing? because of OF? Nah.. i really really appreciate USB in Rockbox

So you can access the microSDHC without removing it from the player and using an adapter????

Now that IS something I can appreciate...good to know.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
So you can access the microSDHC without removing it from the player and using an adapter????

Now that IS something I can appreciate...good to know.
Well i connect my sansa e250 with rockbox usb and it reads and writes my MicroSDHC card pretty fine
Give it a try and give me your feedback!
btw USB doesn't seem to be enabled on 3.2 so you need to use the current build of rockbox (r20608) which i installed using rbutil!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
[/I][/COLOR]
The "so what" for me is that the OF needs to perform a 5 minute refresh every time I plug in the USB. Doesn't happen to everyone but it does happen to me and it is pretty annoying. Not having to wait 5 minutes every time I want to update podcasts on my Sansa is a pretty big deal.

-hank

Tags
e200, usb