android
Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 AM

Help Can't see the data on my computer.

So i've had this c250 for a few days now, had it rockboxed right outta the box. Everything was going fine until yesterday morning I turned it on and after I picked any option in the main menu it would just freeze. I flipped out and tried to ovewrite the data with the rockbox utility but it would not detect my sansa.

What I'd see on my computer is two empty removable disks, with 0 bytes free space.

I did some searching and using the reset settings function allowed me to use the sansa again, but I still can't hook it up to my PC. I have windows XP and media player 11 though I don't plan on using it to sync.

I have restarted my computer and tried both USB modes on the sansa. I also asked around in the rockbox forums to no avail. The data is still there, I just don't have access to it.

I get this error when I plug it in, but at first I could just hit continue and i'd be able to see the data.

Anyone have any idea wht's goin on? Thanx!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-18-2009, 09:10 AM

I tried on the laptop, same thing. Different error message, though.

By the way, every once in a while when I plug it in it will go to refresh the original firmware database.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:15 AM

Oh well, I had to format it after all, looks like the partitions were corrupted. Thanks anyways.