android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P2

Old 02-11-2009, 04:23 AM

Default Error: "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"

Quick Summary:
~ Samsung P2 Red 4GB
~ Firmware US 1.20 (release date : 2007/11/07)
~ Error appears (on PC - XP Pro with WMP 11) when trying to drag and drop files - any files - directly to Music folder (My Computer\P2 \Internal Storage\Music).
~ Have not installed Samsung Music Studio Or emodio
~ Error:
"Cannot copy [filename]: "The device has stopped responding or has been disconnected"

I dont know much about this MTP / UMS business but this guy Dave (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...read.php?t=495) seems to say that neither of them should preventing you from dragging and dropping.

Several other threads talk about the same problem but none have pointed to a CONVINCING solution.
Some have upgraded their firmware but to no avail. That hasnt fixed the problem.

Plus this problem seems to be common to other players such as the Sansa and the Zune !!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM

actually, this happens to me all the time when Im transferring files from a mac to the P2... the window should give you a skip option, just push that... (btw, you can't directly transfer files from a mac to the P2, but I just a flash drive to do that, so I get that error all the time...) I think it has to do with hidden files...

Old 06-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Check out the number of files on your P2 when you see the error.

I have the same problem and have tried everything. New firmware, new motherboard, EmoDio, windows drag & drop, different PC, different OS, UMS, MTP. No luck with any change and the repair centre can't help either.

Only common theme is I that cannot load more than 4000 files.