android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune

Old 02-07-2009, 02:30 AM

Default How to stop Zune Software adding album art to music folders

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help. I have searched the forum and googled but don't seem to be able to find the answer.

Even though I have unchecked 'automatically update album art and metadata' in settings on the zune softtware when I check my folders where the music is located I can see the zune software has added 'folder', album art large' and 'zune art'. I went through the menial task of deleting them all manually (took me hours) but as soon as I opened the zune software it says media updated. I check my folders where my music is located and it has added them all back again.

I would be very grateful if someone could offer some guidance or point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Last edited by mezzyjones; 02-07-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-07-2009, 05:33 PM

To my knowledge there isn't a way to avoid it doing that, I'm sorry. It's rather intrusive but we're stuck with it for the time being.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 PM

did you check to see if the album art is embedded into the id3tag? i'm fixing to test your issue on my network after i'm done with a few more tests with a similar issue (the software's advance read of the files causes it to choke on missing/incorrect information).

i haven't noticed the issue for the tags i've removed the ablum art from the id3tag, but i'm also using a network drive.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want album art? album art just enhances the whole listening experience, for me.

back to your issue: maybe it's a problem with you NOT having any album art. try letting it go through a full update, but don't delete the album art folders. connect it again and see if the update still happens.

no experience with zunes, but i hope this helped

Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want album art? album art just enhances the whole listening experience, for me.

back to your issue: maybe it's a problem with you NOT having any album art. try letting it go through a full update, but don't delete the album art folders. connect it again and see if the update still happens.

no experience with zunes, but i hope this helped
Hi, Thanks for the responses. In my music folders for each album there was already cover art called 'folder' which I used to input manually in the zune software. My query was how to stop the zune software adding it again as now in each album folder I have the songs and 2 cover art 'folder' (my original and the one the zune software has added). Cheers

Old 05-01-2009, 10:48 AM

o, i misunderstood...that you can't fix, all the player software will do that i believe...

one is a small cover, the other is a large one; its so the software doesn't have to do anything with the file to display it properly.

you may be able to pull of embedding all the album art into the tags and removing the .jpg files completely; but i don't know for sure, would be alot of work for a maybe. **next time use the windows search function to locate the art and use the control key to select more than one or the 'select all' option next time...won't take hours

Last edited by grantpet; 05-01-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: more info