android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Xtra / Touch

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 AM

Default Nomad software won't recognize my Jukebox Zen Xtra 60G

I have had a Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 30G for four years with few problems. I bought this 60G (model #DAP-HD0011) that was otherwise exactly like the old one. The already-installed Nomad software on my computer would not recognize it. I plugged it in and it said "Not connected". Every other appropriate software I have offered to communicate with it -- Media Player, Winamp, RealAudio.

I did a lot of digging on the net and found the instructions for doing things like downgrading Windows Media Player (did that), re-installing the drivers and firmware (did that), in short I followed all the directions and Nomad Explorer still wouldn't recognize the new player, nor would Notmad (it said there was no device running the appropriate drivers/firmware).

The player came with Media Source Organizer and I went ahead and installed that. It opens up all right and reads my hard drive, but doesn't recognize the player!

Just to get started putting music on the new player, I chose Winamp and worked with its media library. It does work and the player sounds beautiful once I actually get the songs on there. Now, I don't mind using Winamp but it's a kludge compared to either Notmad or the old four-pane Nomad organizer. The way Winamp arranges things, it's hard to find what you're looking for, especially if you have 64 billion tracks like what I have. It also crashes repeatedly in the middle of doing something routine like putting tracks in a playlist.

I hope someone has some ideas, because this is driving me bughouse. Thanks, Jay

Last edited by Bluejay; 02-06-2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: added the bit about Winamp crashing

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
drivers, firmware, nomad zen xtra